Killzone: Shadow Fall

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Nov 19, 2013.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    With this being a launch game for the PS4 optimization is somewhat poor, I just play it with the 30fps cap enabled, far more enjoyable experience although still not perfect.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The one gripe I remember having with this game was the last mission. The last like 5mins of the game were super frustrating and annoying ..

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for your replies.

I did some further testing yesterday evening like with or without Boost mode and enabling Boost mode does increase the FPS a bit, though hard to say how much but without Boost the FPS feels closer to 30 and with Boost it's more around 35-40?

I did manage to complete chapter 2 :) Dont know what I did wrong the first time. While progressing I arrived at this ship who had many hallways and rooms like in Doom. I could find a couple of spots here and there where the fps would hit 60 but they were few.

I also tried with the 30fps enabled since DigitalFoundry mentioned in an older video that the frame pacing is eliminated. But the 30fps feels worse in some way, not like in Destiny where you forget about it after a while.

Lastly I can really feel that the PS4 Pro's power is not really used to it's full extent since the fans are inaudible. Compared to FFXV (Pro patched) it's night and day when it comes to load.

Anyway, the game is fairly good so I might keep it and complete it.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I never cared for the series. But I liked this particular entry. Being a launch title helped with the lacking options at the time. I never beat it. I got pretty far only had a level or two to go, and then it got extremely annoying.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The last level was quite frustrating but was worth it for the end. I've never cared much for the series myself either. Horizon Zero Dawn was a much needed change for the developers. There is talk of another Killzone in the works. Might be one to watch out for.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree. Horizon Dawn was a MUCH welcome change for the devs!

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Bought it couple months back, didn't continued cause i lost my save game. Might redownload and try again.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The level design is interesting and the graphics are nice. worth finishing I guess.