Android 4.x overtakes Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The latest Android Developers Dashboard statistics update show that  Android 4.x has finally overtaken Gingerbread. Android 2.3.x marketshare now stands at 44.2 percent, while Android 4.x now has a m...

Android 4.x overtakes Gingerbread

2. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Some people still using Gingerbread?
    All my Samsung gizmos are on JB 4.1.2, and even then I'm still lagging behind other people.

3. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Cheap, lower-specced devices.
    Most of them probably of generic China brands.

Also probably mostly used by those who can't afford a new device every other year and/or just don't care which version of Android as long as they can call people and log in to Facebook.

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    As said upper:

- Low end smartphones, entry level, cheap rebadged old smartphone with low specifications ( as the SG1 rebadged in numerous of little entry level smartphone ( out of galaxy line ofc ).

- Really old smartphones peoples have keep ( some peoples just need a phone with some internet functions ( internet, mails, twitter etc ).. ( or been given to the mother, child etc ). or they cant been updated, are so old Phone providers, dont even push the updates to them.

You find a quantity of budget "smartphones" with it.. you pay them 50$-60$ and dont have to do a contract for get this prices. Many old persons take thoses type of entry level "smartphones".

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

5. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Asking a question like "Are people still using Gingerbread" is the equivalent of asking "Are people still using Windows XP".

My tablet is sadly still on the 0.3% that is Honeycomb which isn't bad but could really do with 4.0+. The only reason I haven't got rid of that yet is because I bought it before the Nexus 7 was announced and it has a removable microSD card slot.

However the reluctance of mobile network operators are partly to blame for this shambles. The HTC Desire S is 4.0 however my Mum's is still on Gingerbread because her mobile operator hasn't released the update which has been out for a long time.

6. nicktrance

nicktrance Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    You can add to that the surprisingly high amount of people who simply NEVER update their phones, for some stupid reason or no reason at all. You'd be surprized how many people I know running ICS on the S III, GB on the S II or Sensation, all of which have received several official OTA updates. And here I am, running 4.2.2 on all my devices and waiting for my CM nightly updates xD.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    my samsung galaxy tablet is running 4.2.2 cyanogenmod and runs great with it.

my phone lg g2x is stuck running cyanogenmod 2. something...lol

lg is taking forever for the g2x and that phone has the spec to run 4 and higher.

8. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Galaxy SII owners wouldn't be aware though or would they? I had an SII at work and it said no updates when I checked and was running Gingerbread. It then said to use Kies...now lets be honest...how many users stopped at this point?

9. wyndrusher

wyndrusher Guest

GPU:
    Palit 1070 SuperJetstream
    I'm still stuck on 2.3.3 the Galaxy Ace is a truly annoying phone.

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    There are people like my friend who has a Galaxy S II yet she refuses to upgrade her device ... then again, she's just lazy lol.

deltatux