Something new is approaching

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frag85

frag85 Member

GPU:
    GTX275 SLI
    wow. this looks great. it looks like an evolution of RT. that would be great to control the voltages on my 275. mine just shuts down when i push the clocks too far and never shows artifacts so i'm guessing i'm voltage limited.

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I use EVGA precision alot, this looks great to.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If your 275 is reference design one then you can forget about it, sorry. There are no software controllable VRMs onboard. And 275 shown on the screenshot is MSI N275GTX Lightning card, it is equipped with custom voltage controller.
    Also, that's not an evolution of RT, I'd call it involution. ;) That's RT's core combined with skinned GUI and limited set of RT's features available to the end user.

4. Unwinder

If your 275 is reference design one then you can forget about it, sorry. There are no software controllable VRMs onboard. And 275 shown on the screenshot is MSI N275GTX Lightning card, it is equipped with custom voltage controller.
    Also, that's not an evolution of RT, I'd call it involution. ;) That's RT's core combined with skinned GUI and limited set of RT's features available to the end user.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Looks top notch. I like the interface, AND I have an MSI card, too. :)

6. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
    The skin looks very AMD'dish :) Alien green. Looking for new version of RT :)

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    waaaa mine looks different then yours unwinder and mine dont let you change volts.what plugin for monitoring in riva? vt1165 no working,is new one maybe? do you know? lol just nudge me in right direction :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  8. Unwinder

That's old MSI's own software, it will be replaced with new one (which I developed) soon. Software development is already finished BTW, the CDs are already being printed with v1.0.0
    Also, there are no VRM plugins in public version of RT, uP6208 plugin will be available in 2.25 only.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i knew this was not the riva induced software but come october 1st or so then i get the goods?i hope its soon i would like plug-in for this ic.

10. northo

northo Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS 450
    Oh boy!

I hope Unwinder will bring back the NVSTRAP. Everyone knows they want it, even I do!:wanker::)

11. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    Finally you implemented a curve-based fan automation!!!!! Obviously you're aware of the demand for this (that's why it's shown in the picture).

That leaves only two questions... will it finally automate multiple GPU fans, and will it be available to all video card owners or just if for MSI users?

(I would pay money for your product. Precision's locked-speed manual fan profiles aren't cutting it :))

12. Unwinder

1) Currently there is single curve for all GPUs installed in the system. But actual fan speed is adjusted by this curve inpedendently for each GPU.
    2) The very first version doesn't have MSI subsystem ID checking (i.e. it will work with non-MSI video cards too). Cannot say about future versions, it is a marketing question and probably MSI will wish to lock it to MSI hardware only.

13. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    That's awesome Unwinder. You're a hero. :D

Am I to understand then, that if I modify the curve currently in Rivatuner, all my cards will react to it, adjusting accordingly? Because when I look at the charts, one card clearly changes according to the curve, while the other card remains at a constant 40%...

Anyways, if your new program can make all GPU fans adjust accordingly (i.e. not remain constantly at 40%) then you will be a king champion hero. I really don't know why you're the only person in the world that seems to be developing this technology. Are developers that oblivious or are you just farsighted...

14. Unwinder

There is no such thing as modifying curve in RT. What do you mean by that? If you mean editing hardware automatic fan cotrnoller settings via low-level fan control tab, then it is applied independently to each GPU's fan controller.

15. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    You're right, that's exactly what I meant.

I just thought it was weird that only one fan adjusts... Is this normal?

[​IMG]

16. Unwinder

Using a bit of logic and understanding that you've altering the settings of hardware fan controller chip, you'll easily see that of course it is normal. Each GPU fan controller can work with his own fan only, so you have to configure EACH controller independently.

17. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    double post accident

double post accident

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  18. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    You've been more than generous with your help, Unwinder, I am grateful. I know you don't like us n00bs messing with advanced settings, but it seems like that's a large majority of the users of your programs...

Anyways, thank you so much!

[​IMG]

19. Unwinder

The software is REALLY close to launch, stay tuned during the next few days. ;)

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i need it to be this cards saving grace since ab(now) + rt dont work well together.
    i hope guru has the dl when avaliable cus msi will take weeks to post it on there site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.