HD 7xxx drivers for flicker/BSOD fix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vejn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    well it still depends which games you'Re playing. Some are fixed some still flicker.

2. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Cat 13.1 rumored to be released this Wednesday...

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Source?

4. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx

5. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Good that new drivers coming out.
    BTW I just bought 7870 club3d jockercard(tahiti based) and must say, can't c any flickers as shown on urs videos. So maybe im lucky.
    Using latest betas (b4 i had 6850 MSI).
    All I can see, that is shadows(but only) shadows small flickering in certain games, like WoT. Or on car in Farcry 3.
    But no huge artifacting or flicker on half screen.

BTW doesn't this flickering with big black blocks on screen shows that cooling system is inefficient? That cards are overheated?

6. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Is the new driver going to be 12.11 beta dressed up with WHQL or is it actually going to be new?

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    With 12.11 i notice flickering on Dishonored and Chivalry, but i only have seen that very rarely when i stoped the movement.

8. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Ok i just turned on Skyrim 4 a test and have some flicker, open grounds only, near rivers or so...bad...

9. WiFry

WiFry Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD7870 Directcu II
    Cataylst Creator says an Official WHQL will be released then but then says another BETA will be released a few weeks after.

I translate this as, the WHQL is going to have image corruption in certain games as well.
    Since it takes time for drivers to get certified I'd say during that time AMD have made more progress with GCN architecture.

10. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Each HD 7000 driver i tested had flickering issues of some sort, since windows 8 the official drivers were getting worse and worse. Beta 11 Fixed 50 percent of flickering. In some games completely, in some partially. The truth is that its present only in DX9 games (at least for me)...

The best driver I have tested from this point of view was 12.2 or 12.3 which almost did not contain issue - with exception of the most persistent flickers...

So I believe they can figure out whats causing it. At least they were successful in removing the issue in some certain games.

Edit:
    Also one quite important thing for AMD driver to be released today. MS released its monthly patches yesterday... Quite a lot of patches for .net...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

11. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Hi, I own a sapphire 7950 vapor x and I´m getting this random flickering on windows desktop. It´s a driver issue o should I ask for a replacement? Thanks.

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I want my collection of videos full, and I just got a very short video -Skyrim.

It was difficult to find the hotspot to get almost continuously flashing... On Skyrim it's mostly fast, isolated flashing, but not this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSI1tMlHXjU

13. Epic0098

Epic0098 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III
    That is the exactly same issue I have. It happens in numerous places, just ruins the immersion.

14. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    It's the problem we're talking about for so many months :p

It's general, all 7000 series card have it on many Dx9 games. Just it isn't easily reproducible on all of them.

Incidentally, I've an other problem, too, on Skyrim... Especially in dungeons, the game ain't as smooth as outside. It's like an annoying micro-stuttering when I'm looking around. But that's totally an other, unrelated story.

15. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I bought mine on December, do you think i can send it back and ask my money back or replace it with an nvidia card?

16. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Personally, I sent my first card back when I discovered the issue, a few months after the initial purchase. They sent me new, but of course, the problem remained intact.

After the 13.1 version, I'll send it back again ( since I'm pretty sure, nothing will be fixed ), but this time I'll ask to send me 670GTX or the money back. We'll see what is going to happen.

I guess, you certainly can do that. You got a defective card. Explain them what is going on, and if you can, send 1-2 short videos.

17. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    The problem is i got FC3 included which i sold.How much will they deduct from what i paid?

After 13.1 i will sell it and get an Nvidia if it does not fix the problem.

18. WiFry

WiFry Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD7870 Directcu II
    Unfortunately I feel this issue will take quite a while to fix.
    AMD is sticking with GCN for their next series so I would assume they have no choice but to work on this long outstanding problem.

19. IRQ Conflict

IRQ Conflict New Member

GPU:
    2 Sapphire X1950 Pro's in CF
    I don't have Skyrim to test But I did find this "flashing" in the Unigine Heaven benchmark. Turns out is was a missing texture (the ship) disappeared entirely for one tenth of a second.

Sometimes on of the houses will it as well. AMD have had what? A year to fix these issues? They more concerned with beating nVidia at the benchmarks than quality? :bang:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  20. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I've seen that on DX11 games like Far Cry 3 as well.

But I never seen it that frequently. It was very rare on my end so I was able to ignore it for the most part.