Farcry 3! - part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 13, 2013.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
  2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, like many games it had it's good and bad points.

But in this, the low/bad points were like wow! Those boss fights?? Really? Abyss like room and doing a few combos? Oh come on. I loved the game, I hated the Boss "fights". Otherwise solid game.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I like the pace of the game, i don't mind heading off to the sniping range to make some cash -i'll take the glider and enjoy the sights -all dx11 uber view distance widescreen FOV last bit of it. Some of the weapons are great fun like the Flammenwerfer, the bow, and the wacky silenced pistol.
    It's been well thought out too with the stellar upgrade /unlock system.
    But the dialogue of the characters /AI for example compared to borderlands2 is second class at best, for ex. '..but i like being a puppet...' how many times does the fella repeat this crap?
    Burning the maui waui plants was kinda cool as you got a crazy visual effect but the devs missed a great chance for quality dialogue, for example 'that's a lot of weed' and 'i love this thing!' is pretty much all he says. Gearbox would have carved a new one outta that situation imo.

4. Matt151b

Matt151b Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I hate working through co-op and the. Getting to the end and then players drop and the game has to restart.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I can see why most disliked the boss fights in this, but they didn't bother me.
    The majority of them were more about the spectacle surrounding the boss... then the actual "fight".
    And, given how the game was built... you couldn't really have it turn into a gunfight between you and them.

Keeping QTE's focused only on the boss fights worked IMO. Not the best option, but I've seen the same thing done much, much worse in other games.

I don't have a problem with how it was done here.
    I hated the boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.... these, didn't bother me one bit.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I didn't dislike the boss fights i did like them they are cool and some of the dialogue during the Vaas fight is amazing. But the fights are so underwhelming, especially the last one. Its just one huge QTE and everyone in the vicinity is dead, Wtf?

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I personally fall into the crowd that doesn't think Vaas is dead.
    If you really pay attention to that fight... it lends itself to the possibility that it was all in Jason's head.
    A drug induced trip that made him believe he had accomplished the impossible. And with Vaas' little camp burning away, who's to sift through the ashes and really tell him no.

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    i dont understand why they make no point that jason gets stabbed at the start of that, its never mentioned again lol

9. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I just played coop with my friend for the first time and wow it's really fun. I actually prefer it over the singleplayer mainly because I get to shoot more, which is always fun in FPS. Not that I have much issue with singleplayer other than it being bit too easy.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

Running up the hill with Rongo, with in-game pre-render @ zero you can achieve very little input lag but it causes massive cpu thrashing. at the time in game when cpu is being thrashed the framerate is jittery. :(
    *cpu was peaking at around 60C clocked @4.7 at time of pic.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

11. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    After playing FC3 once, I think they should have included a metal-detector and butterfly net to go along with the leathercraft and flower collecting hobbies. Maybe include a set of shelves in each of the fast travel buildings where you can put all the relics, letters, and memory cards on display (what else is the good of collecting them?). Lastly, I think stamp and coin collecting should have been included as they seem to fit right in with all the other junk they provided for activities. This is the true depth and realism of the game other than the pretty scenery.

12. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I finished the game this morning...it says that it took me 42 hours 55minutes and 52 seconds to complete....that is a fairly long game.

It also said that I fired 15,590 bullets :)

Very fun game imo.

13. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    In all the times I posted about FC3 I forgot to mention one thing.

Back before the game was released, I watched the trailer where the camp with the helicopter is taken. Early on there's a part where the "player" jumps down on an enemy from above, takes the guy's knife as he's killing him, and throws it at a second enemy. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow! That's going to be a trick to master hitting the right combination of keys (whatever they turn out to be) to make all that happen smoothly." Little did I know the whole thing would turn out to be a simple cut-scene. This should speak volumes as to my expectations and eventual disappointment with the game.

14. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Well, if you get the right skills you can have deaths from above and below, along with knife throwing.

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I think the scene he's describing is dual death from above, as you can only do knife throw takedown from regular takedown.

16. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    My point was missed maybe. I was speaking of how I assumed all the action would be precipitated by the player "controlling" the action instead of simply pressing "F", sitting back, and watching the movie. I honestly thought this game was going to have complexity and skill requirements built into it control-wise. But alas...I was mistaken.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Man you really had high expectations for this game (how would you even take precise control over such complex animations? I can see knife throwing being its own separate thing but if you see the whole takedown it's just too fluid in animation to expect full control over each elements [because if you can, it would look a whole lot stiffer as player input can "mess up" the flow])... it's Ubisoft game. I was actually positively surprised when those special takedowns were not just one time quicktime events but something that you can pull off against regular foes on regular basis.

18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I finished the storyline today - the in-game journal tells me it was about 43-43.5 hours spent on it. That's not half bad considering that I felt I had rushed the last half a bit (due to some RL events). The story steadily declined and had me rather antagonistic towards pretty much everyone that ever opened their mouth by the time the game was over, but thankfully the actual gameplay remained stellar from start to finish. Now I'm going to playthrough it a second time with Swartz Mod Compilation and have a blast with it, whilst ignoring the storyline completely. :D

Total Game, altogether for me is about a 8.8/10. Sure there are stupid things (mostly the storyline and whenever Ubi decides to hold your hand/prevent you from doing the smart thing in any given situation) but the good things in it definitely outweigh the bad by allot.

19. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Agree with everything you say, best farCry game by far , imo. and what exactly is the Swartz Mod Compilation ?

20. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB