Catzilla Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by BlackZero, Dec 19, 2012.

1. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    he he, I also would like to know what I'm going :). During installation we just install the kernel driver that help us in scanning your system configuration. No network activity is used.

2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    The only thing I encountered is windows 8 was scared to install the file and asked if I wanted to install even though this file could harm the computer, lol!

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding single card performance. if you were to compare some scores posted for similar systems but with the difference being that one uses a GTX 680 and the other a HD 7970 you will notice that the system using the GTX 680 is scoring significantly more, on average between 25% and 30% higher. I believe that to be a large difference and not in line with other 3D based performance measurement applications or gaming in general.

I do however appreciate that the software is still in beta testing but felt that this should be further emphasised and brought to your attention.

4. inh1bitor

inh1bitor Member

GPU:
    SLI MSI GTX680 Lightning
    3960X@5000
    SLI MSi GTX680 Lightning @~1280
    1080p tiger 19201
    [​IMG]

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Scratch that.

HDD

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  6. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    On there website there is a guy called Ryan who has the number one spot for single Nvidia GPUs under Tiger settings. There score looks way unbelievable for a single GTX 680 so I call bullshi@t on this score.....:3eyes:

HARDWARE CLOCK MEM SIZE MEM CLOCK DRIVER VERSION
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (GK104-400) 1346 2048 1753 9.18.13.1070
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3300
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO 8160 933

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  7. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    That's the one i mentioned yesterday. Almost double my score and my memory is clocked higher :p

8. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    The guy from catzilla emailed me back and said its a bug and dude has sli but his score was recorded as a single GPU.

9. machete

machete Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock PG 6800XT
    <---- t6233

10. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    Hello again! Yes it was me :D. Ryan has SLI config - but we registered it as single card. The bug is stupid like hell ;). But every bug is stupid after you will discover it... So basically don't worry too much about the order on the list - we will erase it completely when we will get out from beta. I would like to encourage you again to post your scores on our ORB, so we will be able to catch such bugs. We don't ban for posting PNGs screenshots here. We won't make it harder in the future. It's just easier for me to have a better view on all your scores and configs in one place.

BETA14 can now check your overclocked CPU speed - so you will see actual MHz.
    BETA15 will have an updated time measurement that should alter your scores a bit and there should be minor speed upgrade (a 1% or 2%)
    BETA16 will be the first version that will be distributed in release mode, so there won't be any debug information in executables

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    benchmark crashes on me during startup :(

12. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    Viper: he he - that's a detailed feedback :D. What Beta are you using? Please write me if it worked on previous beta? What system do you use? Is it crashing in all profiles?

13. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Kitty: 13145
    Cat: 11964
    Tiger: 9280
    Catzilla: 6517

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  14. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Any way of bypassing the driver check for secondary gpus?

15. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    How does PhysX affect the score?

16. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Sorry hehe.
    Beta 14 is used, tested both OGL and D3D but both seemed to crash (kitty, cat and tiger all crash)
    Using nVidia 310.70 beta drivers (tho i hear the 310.70 WHQL is no different, just the certification) Also installed are the physx library, the latest one (if it uses it)
    My system is listed on the left, Windows 7 x64 with SP1

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Can't be sure. Though they are not answering the question regrading GTX 680 GPUs scoring much higher than 7970 cards, when in 3dmark 11 HD 7970s can sore just as much and more at high clocks.

Though, 3damrk 11 went with open source bullet physics.

18. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    PhysX is used just in software mode. GPU does not use it. You can get very close with single 7970 to 680GTX and even beat it. In multiGPU we still have a bug - we are waiting for the hardware shipment to fix it.

19. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    Did you try the previous version? The one from guru3d download?
    I got a feedback that some tools in background can make it crash. I got the positive feedback that it doesn't work stable with Drives Meter Version 4.1.

Thanks!

20. Venom007

Venom007 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 2g ram
    i have the same issue,i had beta 12 and was rated in the top 10, then i updated to beta 14 which didn't work at all whenever i hit the run all benchmark tab, no matter what the test is it always freezes and i get sent back to desktop, i am only sad cause for some reason i lost my score in the top ten, it could be cause i uninstalled the program.