Any magicJack/VoIP users here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Sep 9, 2013.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    any magicJack/VoIP users here?

Thinking about getting a internet home phone...Cheap!!! whats a good deal?...Thanks
    :)

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I have a home phone through my isp does yours offer one?Mine is free with my internet.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yes^, Had it for years But they rip me/you off...$19/$29 a month...

Just wondering if anyone used majicJack/VoIP .

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    we use it for our house phone. we disconnected our land line couple years ago.

works great as long as you have internet service.

5. jayman

jayman Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AX7990 x 2 3GB
    maicjack

I have it, works great to. $ 19.95 a year can't hardly beat that. If you get it. get the newer one, with the min. computer, if you don't the only time it works is when you have your computer on.

6. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Something about MagicJack just always seemed shady to me. I use Vonage, which is, meh. It's alright, but if you're downloading something or playing a online game, then any calls you get during can be garbled sometimes.

I wish I had fiber optics for everything.

7. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    I use the magicjack plus. I used to use an old ass 166mhz or 233mhz pentium 2 laptop for my first magicjack, but the new magicjack works great, no complaints.

Only deal is, if your internet goes out, so does the phone service. -shrugs- But that's why we got cellphones right?

8. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Tried magic jack when I turned off my home phone but it was a rip off, and I couldn't get a local number so an even more of a rip off. Took nearly an act of God to get my money back as promised if I wasn't happy with it. Pointless if you have a cell phone with good service.

9. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I been using magicJack since 2008. I switched to magicJack plus in 2012.

10. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    With the magic jack, you think "Local number" but you don't think area code.
    lets say the old land line, your old local number was 515-766-7070 (random number i made up you want a local number that's 515-766-xxxx, but it's the 515 that makes it local, not the 766.
    i had tons of options available to me with the same area code. even though i couldn't get the (766) part that was local to my town.

Magicjack plus is great, get it, connect it to your computer and get it all configured and setup, once done, you can disconnect it, plug it into the included USB power adapter (like for cell phones), phone line in 1 plug, network cable into the other. Connect to your router/switch, and you're good to go.

My router has a USB plug on it, for external storage devices, to use as a NAS, but it doesn't put out enough mA to run the magicjack sadly. it was designed for low power flash drives or externally powered usb harddrives.