NVidia SLI Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jul 28, 2013.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There will not be one according to Nvidia.

Same as CoH2.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Thanks ethne, dont know about it.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, damn shame :(

4. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Seems amd make the crossfire work with latest drivers, what is happening nvidia? :(

5. Sviro

Sviro Guest

GPU:
    GT750m SLI
    Dota 2 bits
    "0x02C04205"
    finally I can use both cards

6. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nvidia seems to have really dropped the ball, every new driver seems to have more issues than fixes, and Rome II has not received any driver fixes, which seem to be possible if you have AMD hardware.

7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    New flag to add:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within

Change DX9 flag to 0x02422405 (Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad)

Stumbled on this by chance while trying to improve SLI after using Inspector to enable 4x SGSSAA, which can get demanding. The original SLI flag bundled with the drivers (331.58 at time of writing) splits the load but gives horrible stuttering and performance. The above flag however makes it silky smooth, and with perfect load scaling.

EDIT: I'm not a member of the official Nvidia forums -- if someone is and wants to pass this along to Nvidia to include in the next driver release (and replace the current badly performing profile), that'd be good.

8. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Damn dude, I just tested this with Xcom + SGSSAA and it is running better than it ever has. Thanks for that.

Edit: Even at 1440p im getting 60fps. Well pleased. Thanks again.

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    No worries :) It was luck finding it, was just trying different presets as I was convinced there had to be a better performing one, and there was!

Also, if you're interested, just uploaded my SweetFX profile for the game here: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1020/

10. NeV3rKilL

NeV3rKilL Guest

GPU:
    SLi 480gtx
    My Nvidia Inspector is pretty different from yours and I don't have the Compatibility section.

img.techpowerup.org/131212/nvidia_20131212_191407.png

11. Clean

Clean Guest

GPU:
    GTX690
    Since patch 332.21 the SLI profile recommended for World of Tanks 0x00400005 has stopped being effective. I only get 15 FPS on my GTX690. It appears to be because the CPU is not processing and bottlenecking the FPS.

The standard SLI profile 0x42400405 as well as others tried causes very bad shadow artefacts but framerate is good.

I also have to use AFR as opposed to AFR2.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks.

12. Clean

Clean Guest

GPU:
    GTX690
    Sorry,

Typically 30 seconds after submitting I fixed this by changing profile to 'Prefer maximum performance' and 'Single display performance mode'

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    can anyone please update FFXIV:ARR flag ?!

14. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Anyone find a working flag for elder scrolls online? Already tried skyrim. Thanks.

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I hope it is OK I answer this in a public post.
    Since I just registered here after being exclusively on the 3DCenter forums for years, I don't have permission to respond to PMs yet (minimum 15 posts).

First of, I have never played any of the Falcon flight sims.
    But usually DX9 SLI bit #9, #20, #23 or #30 tend to fix or improve scaling in many SLI "problematic" games.
    Be careful about using bit #20 though, it tends to cause flickering or other issues in certain cases.
    If I were you, I would start with something simple like "0x02400005" to see if SLI is even scaling at all, and then work your way up by adding one or more of the SLI bits mentioned above.

I can't really help anymore, without going out and buying Falcon BMS.
    SLI testing is delicate business, and no two engine builds are the same :)

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thankyou mate, no i dont mind at all. Ill give that a try what you recommended, thanks for the advice on sli compatibility bits, much appreciated.:)

17. SVJNess

SVJNess Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 670 FTW SLI
    I did a bit of searching but I couldn't find anything. Can anyone point me to a thread, or would anyone mind explaining to me how modifying the flags enables SLI? I was under the impression that if the games didn't support SLI, then you couldn't force it on (effectively).

In particular, I was surprised to see Dolphin Emulator on there. How would one go about finding their own flags for SLI?

18. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    Hey Cyberdyne, please add this one to the list.

Game: PlanetSide 2

Flag: 0x03500005 (Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare)

SLI or AA: SLI

Conditions: DX9; better performance, greatly reduced input lag and microstutter

Additional notes: Causes minor UI flickering and blurring. Can be seen in vehicle cockpit readouts, hit marker, main map, and shotgun crosshair. Vehicle cockpit flickering goes away after toggling first- and third-person cameras a few times.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I suggest updating the Guru3D SLI list with information from the 3DCenter SLI sammelthread:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=509912

"Blaire" and I (I'm called "SLIKnight" on 3DCenter btw) just finished completely updating this list with the new 337.50 driver in mind.
    Several entries were added, including a Dark Souls 2 profile, and some removed, i.e. ME2/3.
    ME2/3 doesn't need the custom SLI profile anymore to get full scaling with forced SGSSAA.

As it stands now, the Guru3D SLI thread is very inaccurate and hopelessly obsolete.

20. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    Yeah sadly this sticky is no longer maintained. :(

But I will continue to go to the 3DCenter Forum for the most-up-to-date SLI tweaks. You guys over there do an amazing job. Thanks for fixing and making so many of my games run better. :)

SLIKnight I want to thank you personally for posting the compatibility bits fix for Rising Storm in the RO2/RS Forum. It eliminated the drastic FPS drops I was having around foliage and increased my min FPS by at least 50%. My game is so much more playable now because of you.