New Rivatuner soon?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Bondolus, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Paul Oblomov

Paul Oblomov Member

GPU:
    Radeon 9700pro 128Mb rev 1.1
    Unwinder

Would you be so kind person just to tell me how to mod this unified driver set (for firegl) to make work it's OpenGL part ??? D3d is working perfectly. I need just OPENGL to work!!!!

PLZ respond

2. raygun

raygun Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GF2 64MB 5.5ns DDR
    From this comment, I could infer the death of RivaTuner. Oh, well :( Its your creation, and you can let it languish (or even die), should you feel that's appropriate. A critic is one who creates nothing, and thereby feels qualified to criticize the creative work of others. There's logic in this; he's unbiased - he hates all creative people equally.

Maybe somebody will now rise to the occassion, step up to the plate, and carry your torch to even loftier heights. Then WE (and YOU) can have fun throwing things at IT and THAT individual with utter and wanton abandon, mercilessly heaping derision upon their work with mockery and ridicule, pointing out its shortcomings and how it doens't measure up to RIVATUNER, ha ha ha ha. That'll be loads of fun, don't you think?

3. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    Fun, possibly.

But pretty stupid.:mad:

4. ducados20

ducados20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT GS @ Q3000
    Unwinder, the world is full of stupid people, and the greatest stupidity is to play their game because they know it better. Let them go at their own.
    By the way, i love RT. And my old Gf2@quadro too. my fx5600 was waiting but...life must go on.
    A cordial greeting.
    (My english is little. Sorry)

5. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    I fear we have no more rivatuner.

Sad very sad.

Thanks for all you efforts with rivatuner. Unwinder.
    Much appreciation from alot of users.

6. theabsbest

theabsbest Member

GPU:
    GF4
    Unwinder, we know how frustrating it is to keep updating to the new drivers that changes so often. How about posting your techniques and source codes for RT. May be just may be some one else would have enough interests to pick up the task and run with it.

We understand that RT is your original work. But, we could change to the name to something elses in case the later versions are messed up or not working, it will not affect your reputation.

What do you think.

7. Paul Oblomov

Paul Oblomov Member

GPU:
    Alexei - will your supppa-tool come this year ?

:)

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Paul,
    Stop spamming in _all_ forums please. I'm really tired of your endless attempts to get new SoftFireGL. ;)

9. Paul Oblomov

Paul Oblomov Member

GPU:
    Don't think it's a spam. Do I have a right to _know_ when it might be available for download ? Or you think it's boring and quite onerous to tell to ALL-THE-COMMUNITY just _this_ information ?!?!? - If I'm right so: give some of the beta testers right to public their opinions on RT (issues they're facing with this NEW RT... etc...). And I think you won't be getting anymore tat kind of "spam" :)

P.S. RivaTuner - is more than just _your_ tool for testing purposes only. It's a hope for ex. - for me.... So try to be patient and generous :) :) :)

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Paul, didn’t you posted questions about new SoftFireGL scripts release date on different forums? Didn’t you get my answers? Didn’t you tried to push me to release them before new RivaTuner version launch? Didn’t you tried to hurry me up numerous times absolutely ignoring my requests to be just a bit more serious instead of acting like an impatient child? And you’re doing and doing it and again and again… I’m just a human, Paul, and my nerves are not made of steel.
    Why others can wait and you cannot? Why NVIDIA users can patiently wait for full NV3x support, why they can wait for new databases, for Detonator 5x.xx compatible version? Are you the center of the universe, Paul? If really you so need FireGL – just void your display adapter’s warranty by soldering configuration resister on the chip, or even buy the real FireGL card. What’s a problem? Is it just a Russian mentality and habit of getting everything for free?

Yes, I _cannot_ comment it. Do you really think that I know RT’s release date and now I’m just sitting and waiting for that day X? I release new version when it is ready to launch, not any day earlier or later. I’ve already finished RC14 coding, our testers team finished closed beta-testing and now I’m working on updating NV patch scripts, databases, documentation and FAQ. When it will be done, RT will be available for download. I hope to launch it in the beginning of the next week, but probably I’ll wait a bit because I’ve some info about possible expected Detonator leak pretty soon.

I fully realize that this phrase is caused by Darth_Vader’s SoftFireGL related comments on radeon2.ru forum, that already caused some rumors. So I understand what do you mean by asking to allow beta testers to comment new RT issues. Relax. You will not ever get an info about script internals neither from him nor from any other testers. You will not be able to use the scripts before new version launch. Simply will not. None of beta testers will comment anything on the forums, all of them are serious people, and they are working hard to bring _rock stable_ release, rather then to leak any pre-release info or parts of RT. I’ve already made the biggest mistake allowing him to test the script and to make public comments on it.

Summarizing: please stop asking the same questions again and again. You will not hear anything new from me.
    BTW did you tried to read the thread from the beginning? Did you seen that I was talking that I’m thinking about killing RT because I’m too tired of communication with some ppl? Did you notice that you are the _only_ man who came in this thread with claims? You came here again after ignoring your attempt to fish out script internals first time. Unfortunately you’re the excellent example of users who push me to stopping RT development. It’s very ‘pleasant’ to work for people who constantly hurry you up and absolutely don’t want to listen to you and see nothing but their own desires. Just think about it.

11. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    LOL exactly.

I knew you were keeping us all in suspence. LOL
    Just kidding.

Smart thinking. Or you would just get flamed for not updating the databases quick enough.

You app is very stable Unwinder, From all the testing you do, huh.
    We thankyou for it.

What else needs to be said.

Well said Unwinder. Thankyou for your time and patience.

12. Paul Oblomov

Paul Oblomov Member

GPU:
    Oh what an unfair charge..... I'm -=NOT=- hurrying you up (just tell me where I mentioned this? radeon2.ru ? you're mistaken - was just asking about THE-time-YOU-are-going-to-release. Wanted just to know - how is the beta-testing_or_your-plans!) - just want TO KNOW WHEN ! Nothing more (except of the desire of free-firegl).....

Just look:

Well and what are they ? - just stay and wait ? is that the answer you're talking about ?

There was no answers, suitin' me... (as I said before :p )

They don't have (as I can see) such a necessity to have free-firegl (or such amount of time arguing with you)

Oh... I'm not. And as I can see - need to hard-mode-my-card. Russian mentality - you ARE (maybe WERE) Russian ? Am I right ? :)

That was my question - WHEN_and_How's-the-progress !

Darth_Vader - is not guilty!!! I supposed if you so tired of working on RT (and answering tonz of "spam") - why don't you allow to some of the BEST beta-testerz to post their opinions and issues with this beta-build-of-RT ? It's really interesting to know - " How's it going" ! ! !

Well - try to calm down. Maybe you should try to understand me ? Don't you ?

It's very "pleasant" to try find out the date, the state, the bugs... anything about (or do you think it's normal not to SAY-ANYTHING, except WHEN-IT's-DONE???)

P.S. Anyway - I just need more info. Nothnig more (not only me).

CHEERS :)

13. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    Oh forget it Unwinder.

It's obvious this person is a hard core loser.

Paul Oblomov, give it a rest man. You'll know when the new rivatuner is released when you see it available for download at guru3d or nvworld.

END OF STORY.

GO get a life.

If you read all the other posts in this thread and especially the ones that Unwinder has posted you will see what he is talking about.

YOU WILL NOT BE TOLD WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED.

Why do you want to argue with the person that will be creating the application, so that you will have your FREEfire gl.

Unwinder, The mods are really starting to crack down on people like this. Report his post to a mod and forget about him.

Please don't get upset over him.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  14. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    P.S. you sure are hard up for that free firegl man.

Question. Would you kill your mother for it.

Answer. I think you would.

15. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    Man, you are flaming the sh*t out of him. and yet your also telling him to calm down.

I for one don't understand you at all.

16. Paul Oblomov

Paul Oblomov Member

GPU:
    linx11

That was just PERSONAL talk. It's not your business. Don't call me names....

I have my own opinion. I'm not satisfied with mm... somekinda indifference...

P.S. If you, Alexei, is tired of me - well OK... But I'm disappointed.

P.P.S. Can we talk on radeon2.ru ?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  17. Bill Ko

Bill Ko Guest

So you mean there *is* another RivaTuner on the way?

Yippee! I'm glad you're not so discouraged by some people that you just up and quit. That would mean that they win. Keep up the superb work. Remember, for every person who rags on RivaTuner, there are hundreds of satisfied users!

Bill

18. Darth_Vader

Darth_Vader Guest

Allright, anyone hurrying up Unwinder is just MF. We should consider that no RT nor SFGL exist at all and just do it the way we would if it was so. That way, anyone who (really!) needs FireGL should just hardmod his Radeon card and ask no more STUPID questions. IMHO.

19. Darth_Vader

Darth_Vader Guest

Unwinder,
    Did I do anything so greatly wrong that now you think that
    However, I can understand the below:
    , but that was only what you allowed personally.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2003
  20. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    Darth_Vader, from my own personall discusions with Unwinder I belive he meant that he was sorry he let you make comments on it.

Becuase he now knows that all it would do would be to let complete idiots, ask there stupid questions.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Unwinder is fed up with listening to people bi*ch about he program. That he is seriously thinking about giving it up.

And yet people still winge and moan and what this and that and want all the answers.

Paul Oblomov , this is a forum. It's everybody business.

you got that right.

Why cause you still don't have you firegl.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2003