Qnix QX2710 Thread - Overclocking, Colour Profiles.....

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by k3vst3r, Nov 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Glad to see you've decided to go for it, it really is a huge step up.

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Customs are variable it seems, I paid $70 for mine, $400 for the monitor at accessorieswhole (pixel perfect version, mostly scam).

Finally broke. Good. I will chat you through it, oh I will.

You're next.

And you.

Nope, no problem cranking 117Hz with tightened timings on my 7970 CrossFire. Seems like my cable is the limit. Got 3 x 3ft cables here to test but first I need to rearrange my rig for the cable to reach.

That's how I feel about this monitor. Almost every day. So beautiful...

This is looking to be a MASS order lol, glad to help y'all spend your money.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh on that note, will I have to buy a quality DVI cable?

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Nope, not necessary. If you want to get the best overclocks, then it might be worth it to try out different cables. It's almost random, thickness doesn't really matter (despite the electrical arguments, empirical evidence suggests otherwise), and the shorter the better. Which is why I got thick 3ft. monoprice 24awg cables.

96-110Hz should be doable on pretty much anything. Above that is where you need to go the extra mile.

5. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    @eclap, the 24AWG DVI-D dual-link cable did get less artifacting at 120hz than a standard cable. At 96hz I didn't notice any difference.

If you have the extra $15 laying about, its worth it.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    meh, I will actually aim for 96hz tbh, don't think I can sustain 120fps in all games. then again, In some less demanding games, 120fps would be easy, hmmm... I might look into some cables if I can't do more than 96hz etc.

Any of you guys had bad luck with dead pixels? I know there might be some, but anyone received a particularly bad model with quite a few dead pixels?

EDIT: Also, can you guys recommend ebay sellers too? Another thing, did you go for pixel perfect ones, or not? I know pixel perfect is still hit 'n miss, from what Yasamoka told me, but still, the more I know the better choice I'll make.

7. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    @eclap, 96hz vs 120hz, the screen is refreshing faster it will decrease tearing and response time even if your framerate is lower. The gains are still noticeable.

My Overlord 'grade-A' came with a little sheet saying there was a dead pixel ... After a year of use I still have not found it.

'perfect pixel' rating depends on the seller. Sometimes that just means grade-A+ standards. Where as Overlord actually inspects every display on a bench by hand and gives them a rating.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh ok, so 120hz is still better, even when not reaching 120fps, makes sense, faster refresh, like you said. Ok, I might just invest in a sexy cable. Do these qnix come with DVI cables btw?

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I've looked into pixel perfect greatly. The only seller I have found to actually state 0 defective pixels and cover both dead and stuck pixels while understanding the difference is accessorieswhole. I ordered a pixel perfect and got one stuck blue pixel left of center.

I haven't yet heard of any case where the customer was not able to ship back a monitor that suffered from obvious issues like bunches of dead pixels, horribly bent panel (yellow bleed), a defective line of pixels, dark or yellow spots, or even in one case (HardwareDecoder on OCN), a dead pixel that developed 20 days later on a PP monitor.

My opinion: if the defect rate were high, then the sellers might have bothered to check every monitor they ship before shipping it. It's hard to believe that merely shipping the product can damage it in some ways we've seen (mentioned above). So it seems that they'd rather pay for return shipping for the defective monitors rather than (spend more and) check every monitor before shipping. Says something doesn't it?

BTW, Overlord no more sells pixel perfect.

They come with the stock cable. Get the cable after you get the monitor, it's better. I can provide color profiles I have made for 60Hz, 96Hz, and 110Hz tightened timings for those who wish to use them. Done with a Spyder4 + ArgyllCMS + dispcalGUI, 6500K whitepoint 2.2 gamma.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    those profiles will be handy, cheers Yasa. Thing is most if not all ebayers state that they test the monitors before shipping. I'm sure a dead pixel can go unnoticed here and there, but that's to be expected tbh. I'll chat to you on steam in an hours time mate.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The difference between 60 and 100 hz is very noticeable even on windows. The difference between 100 and 120hz is not so noticeable. I just leave my Monitor at 100hz but cap the fps to 99fps to decrease chance of input lag. I use this setup for 24/7 use.

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Well yeah, but problem is:

1) Is actual testing done for non-PP units that slip out in quite a defective state (mentioned above)?
    2) For PP, if the monitor is tested, dead and stuck pixels should not possibly be missed. Particularly in the case of ZERO dead / stuck pixels.

That's why I don't think they actually test them. I could be wrong though.

tyt dude.

I can notice the difference between 96Hz and 110Hz rather easily. Only tried on the desktop though, I just set to 110Hz in games now.

96Hz-100Hz is epic for when you want locked FPS and can't sustain 120FPS, which is what you're using. There's more chance of a CPU bottleneck @ 120FPS.

13. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Do you require two CF bridges for above 330MHz pixel clock?

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Damn, can't wait to have this Qnix on my doorstep. :D And the rest of you guys. :D +Yasa super good that you already have those profiles, damn dude! Saves us all from trying to look into it ourselves and research the heck outta it. Saves us a lotta time, somewhere we can start from.

And yeah thanks for all the help so far. :D But yeah I most likely gotta wait till next month till I can buy this monitor.. so it will probably come from the accessorieswhole seller then I guess? Eclap you can probably get it from the same seller? Although there should be one originating in the UK too I think.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes i agree but i dont think its as smooth as the jump is from 60-100, that feels massive.

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    I have few dvi cables dunno if they will be any good

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  18. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
  19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I been eying that one for a while, interested in seeing how far you can oc it

20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Massive? RIDICULOUS!

The color profiles vary since every monitor is different. It's best to do some trial & error, trying out profiles and seeing what works best. Describing the monitor (as far as you can without having a colorimeter) and then matching it with someone else's monitor & color profile can help. Mine has somewhat of a yellow hue to whites but everything else seems pretty spot on. Others have color profiles for monitors where whites are whites, no yellow tint, etc...

Yes, I use two bridges. Haven't bothered to try with one only above 330MHz since I know 2 bridges are better for stability in that case. That takes out trifire I guess, but I'd rather go CrossFire 290 / 290X in that case. Those cards are bridgeless too, bingo!

The OCN club has statistics on how they OC. Based on what I've seen, many stop at 96Hz only because they've tried some higher refresh rate such as 120Hz and see some artifacts. They might not tighten their timings, try a different cable, try a different DVI port (on the same GPU or the second GPU - multi-GPU is common with these monitors, so are dual DVI port Nvidia cards).

I'd personally be setting the minimum bar for OC to 110Hz since that's before you start crashing into the 450MHz pixel clock limit without tightening timings. 117-120Hz @ 450MHz tightened timings so it's going to be hard for the monitor to give up before that.