New drivers ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Remedy, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Remedy

Remedy Guest

GPU:
    Hi, i wanted to ask if theres going to be any new drivers rolling out this month or it's still unknown and is there a newer beta driver than BETA 2 ?

Thanks.

2. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    This month is almost over, got to wait it out till next month and see if they will roll out a Beta or a WHQL.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

There's been 2 drivers that afaik were newer than the 13.6 Beta 2 driver (Windows 8.1 Preview drivers and the OpenGL 4.3 driver). The OGL 4.3 driver however does have an updated version number on other components too, which indicates it may have newer fixes that the 13.6B2 driver doesn't have. Both drivers have AMD KB pages, but from what I can see, don't seem visible from AMD Game's page.

But as mentioned, AMD stated some driver arriving by July 31st. There could be a leak before then however, or a last-minute bug or something could delay the launch. Just have to wait and see :)

4. Remedy

Remedy Guest

GPU:
    Alright thanks guys

5. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Frame pacing drivers are due out on the 31st according to catalyst creator on twitter.

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yeah i was gonna say 31st was the date they gave for the new GCN memory architecture driver..

Im stick and tired of flickering spiky glitches and stuttering galore in my games on my crossfire 7950s.

its pissing me right off.

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    It's not a memory rewrite. It's software frame-metering.

Tried using VSync + FPS cap (DFC) via RadeonPro?

8. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That will solve the stutting mostly but its still there, but it does not solve the spiking white memory issues, i remember a driver coming out that fixed 90% of the spike glitching flickering but its not fixed completely its still there even happens on cod4 LMFAO, use to happen on skyrim but its almost all cleared up on that game but there are games where its still a issue.

9. zarker99

zarker99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 7870 Ghz
    well I'm hoping for a fix to the SSAA which seemed to get broken with the 12.10/11 drivers (2x2 gives intermittent kangaroo jumping: smooth-jump-smooth-jump etc, even with good FPS around 40).

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Check nVidia threads, they have issues with Skyrim too.
    Only kind of flicker I have in Skyrim is one I guessed to be engine based very long time before AMD made general fix.
    It was certain water flicker where whole water body disappeared/reappeared and water sound did same.
    No way graphic driver bug can tell game "Don't play sound for this object because it's not visible."

I would like to see memory rewrite driver, since GCN2 is lurking behind corner and it would be nice if AMD had this done before launch.
    As there may be performance bump from it.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    you don't need any, smooth as butter gaming already

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It all boils to the display GtG response time and users biological capabilities.

If I had older IPS with GtG 35ms running 60Hz, then I would be very unlikely to notice one dropped frame or minor microstutter.
    Then there are people who would not notice several dropped frames on 120Hz 2ms GtG screen.

I want no less than 240Hz screen capable to take 240Hz input and display it frame by frame. (not some interpolation mambo jumbo which gives huge lag)
    While it's possible to get OLED screen to do this today, we do not have interface standard to give 1920x1080 240x per second from GA to monitor. Frequency limitation for 1080p is around 152Hz.

That is, btw, why 4k TVs are jokes, because at that resolution you can't get more than 38Hz input and most are limited to 30Hz.
    And other nice thing is for those who are willing to compromise to 30Hz: required fill rate for 3840x2160@30Hz is exactly same as 1920x1080@120Hz.

I really wonder how much people with 1st gen 4k TVs will be pissed once 48Hz movies gets around as industrial standard. (they can always run them at 2560x1440)

Which brought me to last interesting point:
    There is Chinese 4k TV with cheap electronics/firmware on which guys on HF.C managed to force 1280×720 @ 254Hz.
    TV is 39" so it's apparently not Counterstrike competition friendly :)
    But I guess 1280x720@254Hz 15" OLED can get good share from gaming market.

13. Lia

Lia Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    Will the new update be a Catalyst 13.x ? I need to replace 13.6 because that old issue with the black and white lines flickering across the screen (just during browsing or with no windows open; I don't use it for games) keeps coming back every time there's a new update.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Based on your limited specs I guess you have very old notebook with mobility x600/x700

If you have such old generation, then your issues are likely from using new drivers.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Watch them announce a delay, id lmfao :D

16. Lia

Lia Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    It's an HP Pavillion g6. I bought it two years ago, new (or so they told us) so I'm not sure.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Found some older G6 with Turion II and AMD Radeon HD 6470M.
    Question is what you really have inside since HP have G6 for both AMD and intel and their standard issues with AMD is A4/6/8/10 CPU or Phenom II X4.

In case you have such graphics card then new drivers are OK for you.

18. Lia

Lia Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    It says AMD A6 Vision on the sticker on the keyboard, so I assume AMD. Another forum says it might be the case that Windows Update is applying driver updates automaticly so that the problem recurs every time there needs to be a new update. It goes away every time I get the latest driver patch.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The framepace driver was delayed by 1 day. You can expect it on August 1st.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Told yer :D

I wouldn't even say thats a definite :p