AMD Kaveri FX-7600P Mobile APU Vs. ULV Haswell Benchmark mini-review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 9, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    APUs are finally exiting the territory of HTPC-only setups and entering the realm of true gaming power...

Gotta be $hitting me right? :) This isn't something you wrote Hilbert or is it? I know it's a copied stuff off WCCFTech but still..Seriously? AMD charts and all :)

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You highlight a clearly quoted paragraph from them buddy.

4. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    I should have been more accurate.I know you would never write that down and I know that it is copied text. I just don't understand why would you just copy stuff without giving your own opinion. People who don't come here often might think that it's you telling all this stuff. I get it that this is probably not your full time job, but still I would rather see 1 post a day with your ideas and tests than be reading copied stuff of other websites or copied product launches which are full of crap info and are misleading. But maybe it's just me. I come here because I like your posts,ideas,testing methods and I dont like that copied stuff most sites do.Basically I don't think you need to be doing this just to create more posts. People who come here come for a reason. Anyway keep it up. Didn't mean to annoy you Hilbert ;)

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    4 cores, 512 shaders in a 35 W TDP, yes please :D

6. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080

Sir, Please calm down. As he said, the section you are talking about here is straight from "their" quotes, this is what they commented. even in that comment they said:
    "there should be quite a few games out there that run well at low-medium settings and considering the low power consumption. That is definitely a bargain."
    which is true. Dota2 should run okay with this hardware with medium-low settings. If you know about this game, its one of the most played games in the world right now.

PS: are you new to the internet? :D

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yes, they can now they have abandoned the professional market lol.
    exept the arm server nothing exiting in there.

why so few cores and shaders and so high TDP... :D we want more and less W

8. Roman9441

Roman9441 Member

GPU:
    GTX970 4GB
    i plan to get new laptop :) but may be waiting for this one and let's see is it better than i7-4500u :). This may be good i hope it faster and cooler :)

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I think their FX series should have smaller GPUs and more cores. Ideally, it wouldn't have any GPU.

10. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    Well, I have an AMD A8-4500m and it runs League of Legends, WoW and Rust very well(two od them being the most played games on PC), so I guess this new APU will make an even better job.

Its "True gaming power" because 70% of the world computers use Intel HD GPU which is a POS, so yeah.. think about it next time..

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    35 W is not bad for a chip with discrete glass GPU, 4 cores and 2133 MHz memory controller. Not bad at all.

12. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    more cpu cores in a laptop is useless when it comes to gaming most laptops are limited to their crap gpus. whats the point of having a laptop with an i7 that costs double and no dedicated gpu when the amd offering will destroy it with its igp.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I hope you realize that many, if not most laptop i7s are dual cores with HT

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Not any more. The first gen were, about 4 years ago. Now they're mostly true quads, at least the 4700 series, with a mix of GT2 and GT3 graphics and a 50 % higher TDP than the AMD chips.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I've seen plenty of sandy bridge, ivy bridge, and haswell laptops with dual core i7s. I guess it depends how much you're willing to spend.

16. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    The lower end ones, certainly. You can pay some stupid money for laptops if you want to.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    They should make one more CPU with:
    4cores: 3.0~3.8GHz; 640 shaders; 45W
    It would just fit 13/14" notebooks and would rule over any other solution there.

I have my eye on a10 micro-6700t and FX-7600p for now.
    And I hope they get some micros around 400$ out + FX-7600p around 700-800$.

A lot of people say that x86 tablets can't compete with android. It's absolutely stupid thing to say.
    I had Tegra 2 netbook, good device a lot of fun, but Android itself let it down.
    Android cellphone, yes, it works as designed. No it's not that useful other than having modified wifi driver for packet injection and monitoring.
    My last tablet? 4 cores, good graphics 2048x1536? Games I like run between 20-35fps, not very good experience. Only good for browsing/reading, watching movies on the go. Android let it down in any productivity.

No more android other than cellphones for me, because it will not evolve in next 5 years to useful shape.

But even slowest of AMD/intel x84 tablets can run any desktop application including open office, flash, gimp.
    And biggest thing for me is developing x86 code on x86 platform, that is something you can't do with android.

As far as performance goes, a10 micro-6700t is capable to play a lot of new PC games on low details in 25+ fps. Older games can go fluent even on medium. But who really needs extreme details on 1366x768 10" tablet since it has nearly twice the pixel density to 1080p 24"?

As for FX-7600p, it is fully sufficient for playing any modern game 25+ fps, not that I would play BF4 on it which would be case of this lowest fps.
    I had i7-720qm OC to 3.4GHz + HD5870. That CPU could not feed GPU in many of games. But it could play most of games on medium to max details @1080p back then. 512 shaders in FX-7600p should do bit better than 800 vliw5 shaders in HD5870 only thing which may hinder it is memory bandwidth, but that looks like taken care of too.

I really want HSA capable CPU to play with, but that tablet performance/watt is so tempting. No idea which I get this year, maybe both.
    Likely depends if they make FX-7600p into 13/14" notebook before a10 micro-6700t hits with tablet+detachable keyboard (including 2nd battery) like HP slatebook x2.

18. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Boring, starting to miss high TDP's and lots of heat. No need for fancy cooling solutions. That's sad for a mechanical engineer. j/k Cool computing, no pun intended is always a good thing on many levels.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    laptops are also limited by battery. What's the point of a laptop that has to be plugged in to be used?

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    big emphasis on mini