Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This is unlike Nintendo though, normally they make barely any systems for launch. The original Wii they only made like 5 million for the WHOLE of Europe!! WTF? And the demand for that thing was crazy stupid. The adverts were everywhere! Remember the two Japanese guys knocking on the door of a family and showing them how the Wii worked... it was great advertising. Heck even the Gamecube had adverts at launch the giant glass cube in the shopping mall if I remember correctly.

They need to seriously start pushing this thing otherwise its going to be a complete fail, they do not need another 3DS launch and have to cut the price four months down the line. I reckon with a push in advertising they could shift a lot more units and get people knowing about the Wii U then when PS4/720 are released drop the price by £50 and start taking a loss on the system making it more appealing to the struggling masses. They just gotta get the games out within the next two years before the other systems get launched.

2. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I wouldnt worry about wii u for now, there doing just fine, in japan wii u dominates the sales charts beating PS3,X360,3DS,Vita.

Wii U – 308,142 (n/a)
    3DS – 211,499 (167,408)
    PS3 – 36,994 (29,809)
    PSP – 19,637 (15,941)
    Vita – 11,039 (11,066)
    Wii – 6,714 (5,550)
    Xbox 360 – 1,216 (1,217)
    PS2 – 904 (812)
    DSi – 424 (457)

Looking real good so far.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/c...tes-sales-charts-in-japan-during-wii-u-launch\

and heres the world wide chart as of december 6

[​IMG]

This week it sold 610,384 beating PS3 but only second to 360 no biggie and 3DS Holds the most sales leaving the Vita to dust.

Link: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250617/weekly-sales-analysis-6-december-wii-u-launches-in-japan/

should nintendo be worried? about its wii u no not at all :) wii u is no where near a fail status.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    What are de advantages and disadvantages for transferring my Wii data to my WiiU. Obviously it would be the lack of Gamecube controller support.
    I'm having a fair share of VC titles on my Wii (NES/SNES/N64) and i'm still not sure whether to transfer or not. Then again, my Wii is showing its age.

4. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    yes correct i dont think u will be able to play ur Nes/snes and n64 on the new wii u unless they update it to support it. and also u get less 0rgasm from wii and intense 0rgasm on wii u lol

5. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Here are some black Ops 2 campaign screenshots someone ask for it a while ago. Man this game is Sexii

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I seen the ps3 and 360 version in personal I would say Wii U definetly has the edge in Visual.

6. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  7. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Well Fack this im tired of looking at these crappy console graphics these going to ebay :(

8. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah it will take developers a year or two to realy get use to the new hardware platform. First gen games always look like crap. Granted the WiiU while it has a great GPU, the CPU isn't much of an upgrade. So multiplatform titles probably won't make very good use of the system's hardware.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Hope the WiiU works better than the Wii.... My son got a Wii for Christmas and it's already getting ready to go back to the store because it doesn't work. Worked for all of 30minutes...now all I get is the BS "channel" screen and can't do anything from there....

10. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Weren't you the one defending Wii U all along and now changing your mind all of a sudden? You are confused lol

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    118 posts worth of defending it.

12. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Finally, now other peeps can post in this thread as well. ;)
    But i'm shocked. Are you telling us you are selling your Wii U?

The system has just been released. It needs a couple of months to shine, just like the Wii in the beginning. Became tired of Wii Sports real quick. :)

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I dont get how he was soo excited over the graphics in the first place.. if his PC really has Quad SLI, that would completely blow anything a console can do out of the water.

14. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    yes sir i has a quad sli http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/3884673

But the problem is the eletric bill im paying 300+ dollars a month i wanted something small energy saver that can offer good graphics and the wii u has some good graphics but its not in the level of PC that im used to hopefully 720 or ps4 will come close.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    then take two or three of the gpus out, switch the superclocked cpu for a lower clock model, sell all of that

16. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    What? Computer actually affects your bills in a big way? Damn.... lol we paying like 75$ a month for a family house. House air conditioning would be a bigger concern lol

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    4 GTX580's draw a ****load of power....so yes, his computer can affect his power bills.

18. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    300+ that include washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Stove , heater , fridge, Tv and everything else lol but my pc eats the most wattage i mean 4 580s overlock can eat more than 1300 watts that includes the cpu, gpu, 8 2000 rpm Led fans inside my pc.

19. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    wow you run those 4 on that single psu. I have that motherboard and only 1 single 7970 with a 1200w coolermaster silentprogold and am now considering getting 3x3gb 580s :) Not very expensive and probably still better than 2 way crossfire 7970. I don't game for more than 2-3 hours a day in the week so my power bills wouldn't be too bad with most being desktop work.

20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Mario Zelda metroid, where's the new ips I'm sick of Nintendo making so much milk money, with all there profits give us some original games not gimmicks and rebranded brain killing nonchalant. Worse than cod and ea put together why because thay sell more of the same shirt than them.