iCore 7 \ iCore 5 Question

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by CocainHore, Sep 9, 2009.

1. CocainHore

CocainHore Master Guru

GPU:
    4850 \ waiting for Fermi
    a simple question since i am really confused.

so if i will buy a new system based on LGA1366 with iCore 920
    and tripe ddr3 - i wont have to buy a new mb when the newest processors with 6 cores will be released ?

cause overall the performance is similar and buying a new system like that over iCore 7 860 is a bi more expensive but its worthy.

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    yeh they say the 6 core ones will be released on LGA1366, THE 860 will be better if you are not planning to OC, otherwise I suggest sticking with X58

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I actually dont see why it wouldnt be easy to oc without the function of lower the muiti since it has turbo boost. I know when I disable all of the power saving features and the features that controll tubo boost.

I can still use 21x with it actual working at 21x without the actual TB core idle thing kicking in for my 21x191 oc.

So I thinking the same could be done for those I7 860 etc with there higher TB cpu muiti when overclocking them. Since it acts like a free cpu muiti with all of the functions off including EiSt turbo boost disable and speed boost disable.

4. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    i9 should just require the X58's to get a BIOS update......apparently :D

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    didn't mean it wouldn't be easy to OC, just saying i7 860 has a better turbo mode, but if ur OCing then either 860 or 920 will do so just get X58

6. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    So the P55 will be short lived, where the x58 will not?

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    We don't even know if that's a for sure as I don't recall having any solid figures from Intel that, that is the case.

Not likely. The only way that'll happen is if Intel's pulling another Socket 423 on the market. However, that's unlikely as Socket 423 was only pulled due to technical issues (ofc others say it was a marketing blunder).

deltatux