Skyrim crossfire fix petition.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Del_Boy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    That problem also differs if your in 1st or 3rd person view, i still get slight lag when looking left or right, but still FPS are 40 to 100+ when this happens.

2. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I had a few problems with Crossfire but for me it was fixed after a few driver updates. Running the 12.4 drivers right now and everything works great in Skyrim. Also running Windows 8 with the CP drivers installed no problems there ether.

3. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Still getting stuttering whilst looking/turning and its quite bad, just wondering if a cpu, ram and mobo upgrade would sort problem out considering skyrim is cpu bound. Im wondering if my cpu is a bottle neck, especially at least for crossfire in general ?

4. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    people...the problem for you it's the ultra...setting...just use high...without AA...and without AF...and it's silky smooth 60-240fps...learn to play wisely...:):):):) learn to find solutions...it's not amd's fault...it's bethesda's...

5. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Peros are you never going to read previous posts before wasting your 2 cents?

The problems we are talking about are flickering, texture corruption etc, and only on a second note stuttering which is related to the engine. But we could put up with that. Its the flickering that kills the game.

And using mods like SBW is NO option since windows mode KILLS crossfire.

6. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Ok bumping this thread ready before 12.5 release because i know the crossfire flicker in skyrim will not be fixed, so we need to get as many people as possible to copy the link to this thread and paste it in an email to AMD customer support.

7. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Anyone still getting flickering with 12.6 beta ?

notes say "new crossfire profile" yeah right.

8. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Yeah still yellowish flickering. On Rage3d spyre said it was only the case with the 1.6 beta patch, but I get it on both versions (1.5 & 1.6).

9. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Decided to play some more Skyrim with the 12.6 betas.

I also hadn't updated Skyrim in quite a while.. Think I was still on 1.4.

In any case, I updated to the 1.6 beta patch, and am now getting yellow flickering when I go to the menu.. also getting weird flickering when I go to the map.

This is the first time I have seen this flickering in Skyrim.. and I have already played pretty much all the way through.. only a few side quests remain.

10. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Same here

Same here..

11. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    you should aim this petition at bethesda not amd and not just for crossfire. The game runs like donkey dick. Why in the world it only uses two cores is beyond me the 360 has a total of 5 threads it can utilize.

12. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    still smooth as butter, silky smooth 12.6 and 12.6 cap1 and 1.6v patch...:banana:

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what cfx are you running ?

14. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    7850 cfx, load under 30 degrees C, 1ghz core 1300 mem...CPU HT off... :)

i never had any prob with skyrim, neither with 5850 cfx.........................

15. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Ok so spyre said he reported the flickering associated with the 1.6 Beta patch to AMD... lets hope they eventually fix it for everyone. It's funny how some of us had to deal with this flickering since 11.12, and now new users begin to experience the same issues with a game update.

16. ihatelolcats

ihatelolcats Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 CrossfireX
    i dont know about flicker but
    i have 6870 cfx and performance is terrible
    im not sure if the second card helps at all
    how do you get this game to work?
    12.6, 12.6 cap1

17. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    I've never had a problem with my setup,

Default game and with texture packs and modifications the game runs fine and looks great. Multiple sets of drivers, I havent played it in a few months with the newer drivers though. :3eyes:

18. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Guest

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    not a single issue with my set up either , with any drivers , and before 7970 crossfire , my single hd 6990 was issue free also

19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Not a single issue? Seems legit

20. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    ok guys, flickers have completely 100% gone for me now, Ive recently upgrade to a completely AMD set up ie cpu and mobo, combined with my graphics card and reinstalled windows and i can use the skyrim crossfire profile with out any flickering of any kind, wow, but before anybody says "could be coz you reinstalled windows" no, already tried that in December with my old set up, didn't work, in fact i tried everything conceivable. So more proof that the problem is not bethesda specific, something AMD related for sure. Thanks for wasting months of my life AMD.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012