Battlefield 4 (part 3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    got a four round burst shot on my middle mouse button now, scoped it fires four shots within 2 secs all on target, hip fire with laser it's good up to say ..5 - 8 metres.
    created on the test range.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  3. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Here's a silly question and I'm feeling too lazy to read through +1000 posts to find the answer.
    What server do you guys play on mostly or how do you connect with each other? My Origin name is the same as my name here
    Mr_ALLroy
    Add me if you want. I'd love to join my fellow Guru's in battle. :)

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well since I am in the states I play on closer servers then des eclap and those guys.
    But I will add you I don't play that much but it runs so well now I may play once a week or so.
    I really am harmless but I can spot or fix stuff lol

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You sound like me my K/D is like .2. I'd like to play a few rounds with you guys if I ever get a chance to. It's like my girlfriend has a sixth sense anytime I start a MP game up on my PC or PS4 she needs me to do something or if she is not at the house she calls me then gets mad that I'm not paying attention to her. I'm sure a lot of you guys can relate.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... and i love how all the people who do so back it up with the usual arguement "But it's part of the game". If Dice intended for everyone to whore vehicles the entire round, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't have made the ammo on a limited reloading scheme unlike the infinite ammo BF3 had. But yea... they can keep talking about how the vehicles are fair and balanced while they sit in their attack boats that can quite easily take out a main battle tank while having two minigun mounts on the back to mow down infantry and a spot way back for someone to just sit there with the repair torch keeping things aloft.

Had to laugh last night. Was in the railway map (can't remember the name for the life of me), and someone was flying around in one of the little buggies with a buddy on the gun. I hid in the grass, and managed to get a 1-shot kill on my first shot to the guy driving... and the guy on the gun was apparently none the wiser. Killed him before the vehicle even slowed to a stop with one more well placed shot. Was great. That, and in the same match, on top of a building while someone was driving a buggy around the building, dropped a pack of C4 right on the buggy... *BOOOOOM* :banana:

7. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The Attack Boat Whores, it has gotten to a point now where quite often than not.. They cannot be killed. the last game I played yesterday, one player on the enemy team was 32-0 at the end of the round, the highest scoring player we had on our team was 9-14 ... I spent the entire round just trying to kill that one player in the attack boat which is just ridiculous I would rather be spending my time capping flags and trying to win than trying to kill one player in a completely overpowered boat.

10. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I love that you can stand of top of a heli's rotors and not die. Must try that one.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Most armour can take out the attack boats with ease. The LAV anti tank missile does huge damage to it. The only map where the attack boats will own is Paracel Storm.

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Exactly, attack boats are glass cannons. Not every noob can own with it. If the one driving is good and for some reason the enemy team ignores him then it is only fair that he gets huge k/d. It's the same with every vehicle. And indeed every map has advantages for specific vehicles, like Paracel for attack boat/jet, Shanghai for tanks, Golum for jets etc. Impossible to balance it all out.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Just kill the repper, they'll soon go down - no different than helicopters ho's.

The attack boat is not overpowered, but against an uncoordinated team will easily dominate.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It all comes down to good team works. With the Paracel map you need to rely on air support, or a squad kitted out with anti tank armour. But on that map it's all about holding the main island.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's still a difference between "owning" with a vehicle and "owning" a match. Many people end a round with great k/d but still lose as the only thing they had were kills, no points and no captures :)

16. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    No, not at all :D

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah man. they play like TDM. camp somewhere . for score. nobody hardly care for WINNING.

But no problems. aim having my FUN. i be all kits for the situation.

18. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    hey there,

i had a quick question regarding what you did with your BF4 PROFSAVE_profile. was the "GstInput.UnderGrowthQuality" setting already in the BF4 profile? or did you have to add the line yourself?

been getting frustrated with the damn pop-ins for a bit now and would love to try anything i can. also, did you mean just overriding BF4's in-game AA and setting AA mode to 2x supersampling? or to set TrAA to 2x super sampling?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    It was already there but set at 2 instead 3 like by Bf3.

I only copied this "foliage" line in custom user.cfg in base BF4 directory, just in case..
    [​IMG]

No I meant don't force any TrAA supersampling or it might cause disappearing foliage @ Ultra.

There is still some LOD popup though, idk.. Btw dont use postAA this blurs too much in the distance..

------------------------------------------------

Ok foliage and whole rock thing seems to be working after its set to 3 and extra in my user cfg, no forced TrAA.
    Textures are at high and no aa, only 110% downsample, ssao, rest ultra.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  20. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    ahh gotcha.

those screenshots look pretty good, i'll try it with your current settings first and then slowly start changing 1 thing at a time and see if some setting breaks it or stays the same.

thanks, much appreciated:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.