Blurry image while connecting led tv to pc via Hdmi

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Morgemil, Jul 31, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I've just set my hdtv from 'game' to 'pc' in the source / tools / edit name section of my samsung, the input lag has been reduced even more, though it'll take time getting used to, looks a little different and has less picture options, got it at 75hz 1080p
    gonna test with a game now ..
    got it set to 'dvi pc' instead of 'pc', running at 60hz still less picture options than 'game' but less lag too so i'll keep this set.
    just checked and 'game mode' in the options is blanked out now.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    It's an issue on some TV's, my TV has a DVI and a HDMI, DVI is perfect, HDMI is a mess like you describe, simply moving the cable shows this with no settings changed on TV. No way to sort this one mine, a lot of TV's now have a HDMI recommended for PC's and setting the input label to PC can help (and game mode).

3. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    The thing is, as I´ve already stated, that the tv doesn´t have any option to change labels or even a pc o game mode. And to make matters worse the d-sub connection died nearly a month ago. Now we are figthing with the warranty to get it replaced.

PS: They´re selling it as a brand new model.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  4. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Well, finally I´m stuck with this pso, almost a month ago the pc stopped recognizing it trough the vga imput: it shows as ¨generic non pnp monitor¨. I´ve tried to tell this to the people that sold me tv (a place called ¨musimundo¨), and after many comings and goings they stated that the manual says, and it seems to be true, the tv support only 4 very low resolutions through vga, and it´s now almost unwatchable through that medium.
    Many thanks to all the people that tried to help.

5. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    As a final note, JVC is a cheap-brand TV (Same with Vizio, Dynex, Insignia, Element, Emerson, RCA, Polaroid, Etc.). You get what you pay for. Best to get an LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Hitachi or Toshiba if you want a feature-filled display.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013