Scumbag Samsung

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 8, 2014.

1. dshramek

dshramek Guest

As far as Verizon is concerned, data is data. Doesn't matter if it is 3G or 4G. Unlimited or otherwise.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That's not what they told me. Salesman that don't know what the hell they are talking about is just another reason to leave

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Don't let one uninformed sales associate ruin your experience. If need be take your issue up with their manager and if that doesn't work, go over their head and file a complaint with the Corporate office. I have been with them since 2001 and have never really had any issues so to speak.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you voided the warranty that not there fault. if you didn't do what you did that void the warranty in the first place they would replace it.

sony/ms wont honor the warranty if there consoles have "custom" software on them either why would you think samsung would

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014

5. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Lol, it's almost like buying a new car and having it re-mapped to gain an extra 30bhp. Then when the turbo blows up or the engine fails you try to get it fixed under warranty from the car manufacturer and they tell you no because you modified the ECU.

Why the need to root a new phone? If your don't want Samesung software on your Samesung phone then buy a phone which comes with stock Android software. HTC do them, surprising Samsung don't...

6. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    IT's nothing like re-mapping a car. The only thing it is like is changing the OS on your PC. Why should upgrading from Vista to Win 7 void the cpu warranty?

Answer, it shouldn't, and in the EU it doesn't.

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Good point and taken, on a side note you stated upgrading from genuine software to genuine software. I was referring to 3rd party software.

8. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well changing from Vista to Ubuntu then, it's still just another operating system. It's reasonable that overclocking could void the warranty, but just rooting (admin on your PC), or switching OS, isn't reasonable.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You can't compare it to a desktop PC though. Everything on the phone is hard soldered directly to the logic board. With Desktop PC's, CPU's are interchangeable. (A prebuilt PC such as a Dell or HP will void your warranty if you change the cpu however.)

The car doesn't work in this situation either.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Verizon sales people are trained to lie, just like a used car salesman. If you had an unlimited data plan with Verizon, they were instructed to do/say whatever necessary to convince you to "renew" your contract so you'd lose the unlimited plan.

I left Verizon cuz every time I went in there with a problem (which was quite frequently) they either blamed me or claimed there was no issue and tried to convince me to upgrade my data plan claiming that I was using more data than I really was. On average, I use 250-300mb a month....but they kept claiming I was using 480-490mb a month of a 500mb plan. When I switched to a "family plan" they tried to tell me that we were using 980mb to 990mb a month of a 1GB shared data plan when we were really only using 400-500mb a month.

Unlike a PC, a cellphone is designed specifically to run the OS that's installed on it from the factory. If you change the OS, you're essentially changing the functionality of the phone and potentially introducing problems that the phone wouldn't otherwise experience.

We're all aware that the EU has different laws in regards to warranty. In this case, the OP is in the US so EU laws mean exactly squat. In the US, the manufacturer is only required to warranty the product in the condition it was sold in. They're not required to warranty a product that's been modified at any point.

Also, in the US, if you buy a computer with Windows Vista pre-installed and "upgrade" it to Windows 7, the manufacturer is no longer required to honor the warranty to any extent.....that includes hardware failure.