iPhone 5 'will be released on Friday September 21'

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Doug, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
  2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I wouldn't ever get one, but wish they'd stop been twats and use micro USB like everyone else.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This. And that they would stop using their stupid proprietary ports.

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Like asking Apple not be Apple.
    Will never happen.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  6. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I already kinda regret getting a 4S

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i'm gonna hold in all of my bodily waste in from now until this date, then I too will release a huge shile o pite!!! (these are my personal views nothing will change my opinion.... haters gonna hate.... yada yada yada.... i get it!)

8. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Kind of feel bad that my friend just bought a 4S.

9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    cool, another one, at least this time they take the 3.5 jack port to the bottom, i used to like phones with the earphones plug at the bottom that way when i can insert the damn thing in my pocket straigh away, that was soo annonying for me that i decided to get rid of wired headsets

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Another Apple? Their WAY too late into the game...

Several manufacturers have released quad cores months back...

The Galaxy SIII has already sold over ten million worldwide & continue to sell like hotcakes...

By the time apple releases the 5 series, every other manufacturer would have already made a better & more powerful model...

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Funny thing is, my old iPhone 3 has now (after being sat on umpteen times) started to not give me a signal, and cuts out - so I'm on the market now for a slightly-clever phone.

So, what do I do?

As I prefer the iPhone user interface more than other phones, I'll probably buy a new iPhone.

Not because of price or power or speed or w/e other technical specification, purely because I like the UI of the iPhone.

I'm wondering; do other people buy 'phones because of the technical/price implications, or because they themselves actually prefer the way it works?

Comments on a postcard to the usual IP address.

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    To make an example of my friends. They are going to buy/upgrade to the new iPhone from a 3GS for one reason. They want to keep the apps they bought and the music they have (music is not a problem but i guess the apps) because they have invested a lot in the store. So im guessing they want to not loose the money they spent and just use their software they own instead of re-buying it all over again on a different platform.

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Looking forward to upgrading my 4S.

The change in port is worrying though as I have a Parrot MKi9200 in the Audi so I hope I only need an adapter of some description.

14. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Will be looking forward to upgrading from our iPhone 4 in October when my contracts up for renewal. Best phone I've ever owned.

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I say all reasons.

Some have a budget and will buy whatever they can afford.

Others may be willing to spend a larger amount on a phone and have plenty to choose from.

Specifications & functionality is also important for others.

User interface is important for most people, they either like the way it works/look of the menu and ease of use, customization/updates, being open source, etc.

As for myself I like the UI to be easy to use, fully customizable & good looking.

Hence I'm running the Android system on both my devices, I am able to:

Use/Emulate ANY other device, including Windows 7, Iphone, etc...
    Customize icons, rename icons, icon size, etc
    I'm also able to use custom roms, root my phone to gain 100% access
    Wide variety of apps, many of which are free. Some apps need to be purchased & cost between $0.99 to $5 which is fairly priced. Good thing is if there is a problem with the app, you don't like it or changed your mind you have 24 hours to remove it & get a refund.

The cost of the phone is not important for me as I usually look in many different sources getting the lowest possible cost which means I usually get the cheapest possible price.

Never owned an iphone although have tried them before from friends.

The UI/looks and functionality is good apart from the fact the battery life is not among the best and the fact you have to jailbreak them in order to customize & have things your way, so as standard it's restrictive.

Your not able to send/receive bluetooth transfers from other devices, it HAS to be apple.

There is no usb memory card slot meaning so usb mass storage & file transfers.

The annoying fact you have to sync your songs with itunes and convert them whereas I just copy & paste.

Each to their own, each person has his opinion about which phone he wants, which os to use, etc...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thats my phone :)

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    It's not coming to Turkey, banned only because YOU want one. :D

18. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    why not just buy an android phone and use the MIUI launcher? more or less the same experience.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Well, I'd need to experience it to comment, but thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that and see if I like it or not.

Thanks again.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Just bought my wife an iPhone4 tonight and reactivated my HTC Trophy (WP7). Honestly, I'll probably be looking for an iPhone6 next december. Quite honestly, in MY opinion, Android is the worst mobile OS ever released. Unless you can afford (or justify) the cost of a high-end Android based phone/tablet...the experience is just horrible. Take the Samsung Transform Ultra for example. It's hardware is comparable to the HTC Trophy in having a 1ghz single core processor. WP7 is very fluid and consistant. Android, on the other hand, is very clunky and unstable. Now, iOS is also very fluid and doesn't require a high-end mobile processor to provide a very positive user experience. If Google would put as much effort into properly optimizing Android as they do increasing the version number for Chrome....it would be a huge improvement to the user experience. I'm not a fan of Apple at all....and I'm typically among the first to go against Apple but after playing with my wife's new iPhone4 for a few minutes, I'm glad she decided to get it. But still....screw iPhone5..... Come on iPhone6!!!!