Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today Logitech introduced a mouse that redefines the boundaries of wireless gaming. The Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse combines 250 hours of non-stop lag-free wireless game play with the precisio...

Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Looks sweet, but i'm not a fan of Wireless nor the weight that comes with it.

If my current G500 (4 Years old) would ever break down, i go with the G500s.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  3. EJocys

EJocys Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    It looks like serious downgrade from G700, because this mouse doesn't have 4 way mouse wheel - loss of 2 very well positioned and useful buttons which could be, for example, assigned to throw tactical (left-wheel click) and lethal (right-wheel click) equipment in FPS games.

4. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    whilst that is a valid point, relatively speaking a small'ish segment of the mice on the market support that sideways click on the scrollwheel. people who never used / needed to use the feature wont miss it at all.

I used to play with Arrowkeys for several years, and switched to WASD in the last 12 - 18 months or so, when using arrowkeys i used my mouse wheel to switch weapons in FPS games, and the middleclick to reload. i found when using mousewheels with this feature that i was accidently middleclicking+left/right sideclicking... which wasn't particularly helpful.

that being said, i could see a use for it since i switched to WASD though.

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    No tilt-wheel ? Ouch. With that it would replace my G700. 6 thumb buttons is ideal, the G700 has only 4. Other so called MMO Gaming mice have 12, that's excessive. The Razer Naga Hex has 6, but is ugly as hell.

6. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    I really hope the build quality is better than the rest of the Gs series. They all feel really cheap, a huge step down from the last series and with an even bigger price tag.

7. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    No tilt wheel? That's a downgrade from the G700, I use the tilt wheel all the time even for non gaming applications.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes i use the side clicking on my MX1100 now I looking for only mices that support that, Was thing the G500 optical but i cant get straight answer on if it has side clicking

9. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Every expensive cool looking mouse I have bought and still own from Logitech end up with broken clicker buttons within a couple of years. Oddly the less expensive wired models don't have that problem.

10. XeoNoX

XeoNoX Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
    looks like a good WIRELESS and OPTICAL gaming mouse finally! Love optical as it skips less on fast drags of the mouse. i can live without the left and right click middle button, but im kinda weary on the DPI and polling rate. i wonder how this will stack up next to the wireless Logitech G700 LASER mouse as far as accuracy?

11. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I can see some sites report 2500DPI, some 4000. As I'm used to 4k DPI, 2500 would put this mouse out of question. I don't really care if it's optical or laser. If one makes laser mouse properly, it's quick and precise.

The claimed battery life looks impressive, especially if it was capable of achieving half of that on a single battery.

12. DribbelDog

DribbelDog Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 FE SLI
    Unfortunately, it states 2500 on the logitech website (link). That's just a bit too low for me as well...

13. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for input. It appears I'll stay with Orochi 2013. I was also thinking about getting G700 for my laptop before, but it's kinda heavy, battery doesn't last long enough, and my brother had terrible experience with precison of G700 he bought (but his 2nd G700 non-s, which he bought after my Orochi, is ok).

I've got a reciepe for a perfect mouse:
    - Shape somewhere between Mamba and G700
    - Precision, response, weight, and charging station of Mamba
    - Liftoff tolerance and reciever like in G700
    - Battery life of minimum 1 week + magnetically-attached charging cable in case you don't want charging station

Fixed? :D

14. DribbelDog

DribbelDog Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 FE SLI
    Haha I have a hard time finding the perfect mouse as well :p.

I've got a Logitech G9, Logitech G700s, Logitech G600, Razer Mamba 2012 and R.A.T. 7 lying on my desk right now ;) (and a Logitech M570 for laptop use). I have a hard time determining which one I like best.

Here's some important factors for me:

R.A.T. 7:
    • + Physical customization
    • + Coolness factor
    • - Build quality
    • - Software
    • - Scroll wheel

Logitech G600:
    • + Software (really like the Logitech software)
    • + Ergonomics for me personally
    • + Many buttons in nice layout
    • - Sensor compared to G700s
    • - Scroll wheel worse than G9 or G700s

Logitech G9:
    • + Build quality
    • + Software. Works with the latest Logitech software, which is really nice for such an old product.
    • - Lost its coolness factor ;-)
    • - Lower DPI sensor
    • - Most awful braiding ever on the cord.

Logitech G700s:
    • + Software again
    • + Ergonomics
    • + Sensor (including acceleration)
    • + Scroll wheel (really like the free play mode)
    • - Worst cord ever on a mouse, drags a lot (replaced mine with alternative cord, which is easy luckily)
    • +- Decent battery life

Razer Mamba 2012:
    • + Ergonomics
    • + Mouse buttons
    • - Battery life
    • - Scroll wheel
    • - Software (not even supported by Synapse 2.0)

I guess right now the G700s with the alternative cord is my favorite. If only the battery life was a little longer, but its manageable in my opinion. I don't play a lot of MMO's but if I do I prefer the G600.

15. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ehhm... I'd like to steal this topic - how good are these cables? I'm looking for possibly bnedy cable for charging my phone, tablet, gf's phone etc. She's damaged her phone connector a little because of using it with stiff cable with long plug.

16. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    How can you guys play with 4000 dpi? You move an inch and the mouse can do like twice your screen. You keep your Windows Sensitivity by default and in game too? If so... damn.

I am using 400dpi on my G400 and I find it fast lol...

Anyway, wireless for me... no thanks! I don't like the fact that it has so many buttons too, I feel like I cant hold the mouse properly (When I tried the Razer Naga anyway... such an horrible mouse).

If it has the same sensor as the G400, it will outperform the G700 when it comes to the sensor.

If you want a good mouse, get the g400.
    Avoid the g500, it sucks. Worst thing ever.

17. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You won't notice any difference between Mamba wired and wireless, it's so quick. G700(s) should perform as well, and maybe G602 too. I actually like to play without cord as it's not pulling my mouse.

Regarding DPI, it depends on how you hold your mouse. With enough experience and fingerprint grip, 2-6k DPI are ok. I also tweak sensitivity in games, so my 25cm-wide pad is enough for 6 full turns, assuming from left edge of mouse touching left edge of pad to right edge of mouse touching right edge of pad. It would be around full 360° turn every ~3.5cm. In other words 0.1mm ~ roughly 1°, enough to be usually in top2 in BFBC2 on most servers when I used to play it.

It comes to what suits who. If you like low DPI, go with low DPI. My brother plays somewhere around 2k. I play at 4000, but I'm also experimenting a little with both higher and lower. Perhaps I'll switch to low dpi as well. Just now high works fine.

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The G602 has only a 500Hz polling rate.

19. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    500Hz is perfectly fine, especially with 16bit bus

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm using 5700 dpi @ 1000Hz
    Windows pointer precision disabled and the pointer speed set 2 ticks below max.
    This gives me a lot of speed without much movement while still being precise.