Battlefield 4 - SP and MP Modes Details

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Operation Metro...lol, the only times I would play conquest of that map is when 2x XP was on, since the nade/heal/revive/ammo spam would get you **** loads of points, zero skill of course. But what can I say, I guess its reincarnation will be welcome in BF4 by many. :p

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    They are just milking the hype from BF3 as it was a very popular game for EA and DICE. I personally would have much preferred BC3 as it has a much better storyline with much much better characters and a nice sense of underlining humor to go with it. BF4 to me will just be more like BF3.5 and not a true evolution. Though it is hard to believe that BF3 came out at the end of 2011 so we have waited 2 years for a new verison as they were focusing on bringing Medal Of Honor Warfarter to the mix as their one-two punch similar to Activision's one-two with MW and BO each year.

A BC3 with a full storyline like BC1 and BC2 would of been awesome!

Heck, I'm going to play some BC2 now lol lets see if there are still people online

ps/ BC2 Vietnam DLC was freaking awesome!!! :D

3. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    To be honest, I don't think most people see Battlefield for its single player. However, BC2 was good (and still better than BF3 for destruction, and I greatly miss the AT4).

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    One of the female characters from Bad company 2 is gonna be in BF4. She's the one who says 'you got my back, right?' I forget her name...

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Even though im level 50 i still play BC2 almost everyday and there is always many people online. Even though its no BF2 i play it much more than BF3. Infact i do not play BF3 for many reasons. I am looking forward to BF4 though as Commander is a step in the right direction and so is 5 man squads, would be better with 6, would also prefer 5 classes like BF2. Makes the 6 man squad more plausible for the Padawan playing console generation of the BF franchise.

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Five man squads were picked because most esport teams are 5 man, It's a shame imo that they didn't do 5 classes as I'd love to see the spec ops class from bf2 although with snipers having c4 and carbines I guess you could play spec ops type again.

7. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    You have some good points there But.The Frostbite Engine is a piece of crap and the CryEngine ****s on it.Dice is EAs studio and have more pull then you mite think.After all it is there money there investing into a engine that only seems to perform worse while there EA/Crytek Counterparts keep getting better.

I have spent close to 600 hours and as time has gone on the game runs more like crap the cheat situation never improved and the Admin abuse of servers is rampant but its the internet so its to be expected.Battlefield 3 has turned into a total flaming pile of Garbage.I used to be a Hardcore EA fan and have many of there games.That said i really don't know what to expect from Battlefield 4 and i hope they fix the engine up some more and listen to the Community.Its pretty easy to see that this game is a EA game and Dice is EAs Studio.Look at the price of DLC and there choices.

Hope Battlefield 4 is the Game to make Battlefield awesome again and not keep dragging it down.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Frostbite runs very well for what it's doing especially when you look at maps from ak with 64 players and yet I still keep at 60+ fps.

Also people seem to forget that EA owned DICE even when bf2 came out and of course 2142 after than. They have never had much of a influence on dice it was them focusing on tech more than gameplay.

The tech is their now so hopefully the focus can be team play and getting back the features that made bf good in the first place for bf4.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The CryEngine is a very very very close 2nd place, virtually the same.

FB has evereverevereverevereversoslightly better particle effects, lighting effects and apparently larger game worlds.

Word 'round the campfire is FB is better/easier to work on, but this is rumour stuffs.

BF4 graphics look utterly incredible, and BF3 looks better than Crysis3 - but it's frickin' paper-thin difference.

The above poster has another example, the size of the maps with 64 players (Alborz Mountains for one) is staggering, but for all I know the CryEngine can do this level of scale and the design document of the games which use it do not demand such scale...

It's not all about the graphics though, as the sound quality in BF3 is amazing, but again, for all I know that's just hiring quality talent to do your sound design and has nothing to do with the engine running the game...

LvLcap has an interesting insight into differences between BF3 and BF4

What makes this video all the more interesting is he was playing PRE-APLHA code.

Check it.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    They need to get back to MP basics and that means NO SP!!. If this was to happen there more development could be put into MP which would make it better. I know this is never going to happen.

11. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    This +1, there is absolutely no reason for Battlefield to have a single player. In BF42 the singleplayer was multiplayer with bots. Lets get back to that.