Call of Duty 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Personally I never play the campaign, so it could be 20 minutes for all I care. Honestly I'd prefer it if they dropped singleplayer altogether and focused all their efforts on multiplayer.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    imo COD will again dominate the MP FPS genre.

3. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    If my clan decides to invest in this game, and they do in fact have rentable dedicated servers, we will have a server up and running.
    Average age is 40ish. Adults. We don't don't kick because you're good, we kick if you hack.

4. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I'm wanting to want this game...it's just that the videos I have seen look almost identical to the past COD game.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Average on ours isn't *that* high but the youngest guys are 27 I think, the oldest just turned 50. Guess you'd know what to expect there, too ;)

@mrh: I like the campaign, both for its entertainment and to set some sort of "boundary" for the multiplayer. Factions, weapons, settings/maps are all determinded by the campaign normally. And I like that.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    someone post a good mp gameplay video that will make me want this pls. I'm not against CoD games, but they've been too samey recently and I want to see something that will sway me. Is it running on the same engine as the previous games? Any new gameplay elements? I'm only interested in online mp btw.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The one problem with videos is that most of them (before release at least) are from consoles, "softcore". Can't stand those games either. I literally see that fat guy, with his can of beer, sitting on his couch with a controller in his greasy hands, playing.

This game has some new elements but still uses the same "core" engine. It's a new version, apparantly has high resolution textures (+ some form of tesselation and Physx, for example) and should look quite different to the older games.
    They always kept their "look" though, just like you could tell what's a Crysis game, or a Battlefield game, or a Metro game for example.

What you'd get here is interactive maps (whatever that means in detail), more movement options (sliding, peaking behind obstacles instead of the usual leaning, things like that) and, again, larger maps. In combination with their "new" Marksman class the game should be more tactical and slower than some of the previous versions.

Hopefully we'll get some videos by tomorrow. Some of the new game modes sound interesting too and, if the balancing / backbone system works as intended, should make this a great game.

8. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Sure, just as I would be happy if they binned the multiplayer element. But unfortunately for me, yours is the more popular stance, no doubt.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game has been unlocked in Australia. :)

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I still don't think the "new" IW has it in them to make a decent cod most of the team is now gone and working on titanfall (which looks pretty cool as ****)

They should just give the entire franchise to treyarch and give them 2 years to make each game maybe let raven software (man what happened to those guys ;_; solider of fortune 2 anyone?) do a super gory spin off in between.

But anyway they are just my hopes and dreams :) Maybe ghosts will surprise me and wash away mw3 eyebleedingness out of my mind :D

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    SoF 2 was great, but did you see SoF 3? Oh boy... :(

A 2-3, or 4, year release schedule would be absolutely enough. No one has that much time to play all these games that often. Or, if it's a good game, is that fed up with them to search for replacement after a single year.

MW3 was really, really bad. Hopefully they learned their lesson and found their place. If not, well... maybe we *do* get those less frequent updates then :D

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does it have BO2's option to raise the FOV to 90?

Edit: Just waded through the mess that is the steam community forum and the answer is no. I guess that means I wait for Treyarch's next then?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    SOF 3 was baaaaaad but was in no way anything to do with raven soft it was made by some nobody's and yeah probably killed off any chance of another game in the series :/

And yeah I'd hate to buy a game and know in 12 months a new one would be out.12 months release cycle is silly IMO it's why the last MOH game did soooo bad, it wasn't a terrible game but people were still hugely into the last bf and cod games that no one NEEDED a new/different first person shooty game. One day EA and activation might learn this but doubtful.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some quick images, nothing special.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Any fov options Jonas?

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh yay we can see the body hair on the arms now!!

50GB body hair textures!!

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Not for the SP campaign at least, which is unfortunate.

Starting the campaign also unlocks Extinction which I'm about to test.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    What VPN to use guys?

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Spoiler tags, maybe? Especially if the campaign is so short :D Thanks.

@desgaizu: Oh ok, didn't know / remember that. I really loved the first two parts of that game.

Two years, to me, is the perfect release cycle for a game. If it's good it'd easily carry you over that period and still makes you want the new title at the end.
    The sad part about "multiplayer" (at least when there's something new available) -> too many people may jump ship early.
    I'd still be playing BO otherwise, I guess. Hopefully they'll learn this one day. Less, but better games. Polished games. With unique, inspiring DLC. Maybe even "two" season passes, whatever. But not this annual thing, it's just silly. Especially, well, if the game needs half a year to mature and be playable. Or if the last DLC just came out a month ago, for "that older title". Sad.

@eclap: I'll let them surprise me. In theory, if everything works as intended, BF4 may have everything aboard already that Ghosts could come up with. Not as many game modes but maybe the most interesting ones. All the movement, of course the graphics and sound. We'll see.
    I always loved the "precision" of CoD. Movement, shooting, all very straight forward and accurate. Point, shoot and hit something. No question marks in between. That's how I've gotten to know this series and what I like about it. Some of the latest iterations failed to achieve that though... :)

20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Hey anyone got a rough performance idea? like how would it run on a gtx 680?