GeForce GTX 780 Ti available November 7th for $699 - lowers 780 price

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Still too expensive, I think aftermarket 290Xs when they come out will be the better price/performance choice.

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Tj this is not directed to you man but in general but I quoted you because you mentioned that "cheapest shop". :p

When I talk prices I talk about shops that ship to my country and if its just for reference for another member I only referring to trusted/known/reputable shops.

Just pointing that out. And always buy from reputable shops guy. With good reviews if possible. Otherwise its your own risk.. :)

What do you mean Rich?? Please explain! You mean they dropped even further than the 420-460euros??

Post some links or something please.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't know about panicking but they should certainly be very concerned as AMD are really pushing the boat out with Mantle, reasonably priced (at least compared with the GTX 780 and GTX Titan at launch) graphics cards and, let's not forget, that they also provide the GPUs for all three next-gen consoles (although calling the Wii U 'next-gen' might be pushing it really). Their AMD Evolved branding also seems more prominent these days in major PC releases than NVIDIA's "The Way It's Meant to be Played" equivalent.

NVIDIA have Shield (minority appeal at best), some fairly good drivers (for me but with long outstanding issues for some people), hardware PhysX (very poorly supported outside of a few major games like the Batman Arkham series) and not a lot else really. I really do think that AMD will become the bigger of the two over the next few years and there may a point where I may even consider buying one of their cards again. NVIDIA have always had nice extras in their drivers such as anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion compatibility flags but the former is dying a death due to the rise in the number of DX11 games, which NVIDIA have chosen not to support, and the latter is poorly supported outside of a few titles.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850

I hope you are not serious, in QHD resolution 290X beats Titan in most benchmarks and only couple of frames less in others (which IMO only because of beta drivers).
    Also in 4K 290X beats titan by as much as 10 frames

So no, the only way for 780Ti to beat 290X is if it beats Titan too.

5. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    [​IMG]

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^ EPIC WIN lol

7. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Most 780s sell with higher clocks than the original stock clocked 780s and the OC 780s are faster than TITANS already and now the prices have dropped to lower than 290x so now you can already buy cheaper cooler quieter and faster 780s than the 290x.

The 290x at stock are just clocked to near the limit the original reference 780s have got plenty of head room so now really when doing comparisons now the prices have dropped compare the 290x to a OC 780 I think you will find the OC 780s are faster and cheaper and cooler.

We can all thank AMD and the 290x for forcing Nvidia to drop prices to where they should of been at launch and I just wish we had 3 or 4 gfx card makes again as competition is great for consumers.

8. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Nope, it will not translate to that. Dollars to Euros is always 1:1 sadly...R9 recently released are 1:1.

9. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Agreed, needs to come down to 450$.

Also a 700$ launch of a 780Ti...yeah alright have fun with that Nvidia. :3eyes:

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    They will have fun with it. The same way they had fun with the Titan on release. :nerd:

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You really think it won't sell? :eyes:

12. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Guys I saw Hilberts news but is that really the launch price?

I'm guessing 600-650euros in the EU then??

Isn't that a bit too much since the 780's now go for like 420-450euros?

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Were you whining as well when amd released the $1000 7990?

14. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I think the best choice in a while will be the 290 -overall. Even cheaper, 1GB more memory and DX 11.1 & DX 11.2 support, while Nvidia has stuck at DX11.

Especially a 290 from a third party. Less temp than 290X natively and better cooling, I guess it's gonna be almost in normal levels.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And you know this for a fact?

(Takes a look a thread title) what does this have to do with price drops on the 770/780?

16. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Oh come on Loop. Cut the guy some slack. Its all relevant after all... :p

No AMD, no prices cut.. :D

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think i'm gonna hold out untill the 800 series.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Sorry not by R9-290X, in EU its for 470€ while in US for 550-570$.

That 1:1 is not the golden rule anymore and it better stay this way. :D

Well it was some Uk shop, looked legit enough. I agree though, I always buy from known shops and atm all look kinda cheap too.

19. hasherr

hasherr Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Well, super-awesome times (high premiums on hi end cards due lack of competition) for nvidia are over. Still - after those price cuts nvidia cards looks like better choice. I personally wouldnt be happy to put hot gpu like 290x in my case. After price cuts mentioned in this article gtx 780 will be cheaper, cooler, more quiet, while offering same performance level. When amds partners will introduce custom coolers to figth termals (+50$ or more), 290x will look even less attractive pricewise.

Its also very obvious that nvidia will be making very small profit from selling 780/780ti/titan gpus, at least compared to amd. Amds gpu looks more efficient (1B transistors less, smaller die size). Its very interesting that nv wants to keep best single-gpu throne so badly. Anyways, good for us. Looking forward for 295x/295 with fixed current leakage and therefore better termals.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    While this is true I'm just getting tired of every Nvidia thread turning into "Buy AMD, Nvidia is too expensive/evil."