Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcaninox

xcaninox New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX480 800/3700@1.05
    There's various things I would like to be add on Afterburner:

- DX11 n DX10.1 support for the OSD. (I Know that in MSAA the OSD doesn't work, but your explanation doesn't convence me. If you just put warnings on TOOLTIPS the noobs will get it.)
    - We need to see all sensors temps, afterburner only report one, the GPU Temp. Theres VRM's 1 2 n 3 and GPU 1 2 n 3 Temps, so i think thats very important too.
    - Add PLUGINS would be awesome, but as u already told us that isn't going to happen, that's sad.
    - Add "Log file Settings". Record, pause/resume, clean up, stop, save, open from, record until XX minutes. That will be great too.
    - Add option of GROUP NAME on OSD. For example, i wanna see temps of VRMs 1 2 n 3. So they will stay like that on OSD:
    VRM 1: x
    VRM 2: y
    VRM 3: z
    Group name would allow me to put'em all together like that: VRMs 1 2 n 3: x , y , z

uh, i know there's one or two more things i would like to say for adding on afterburner but i just can't remember them now... U know if IT have all those things cited by me IT would be the a SIMPLY N A PERFECT PROGRAM. That act of asking people what they want in program surely have to be applauded Unwinder.

My askings being or not accepted I thank you just for asking cuz this atitude is great. Thanks!

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I vote for resizing monitoring graphs

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    And voting for forced 2D/3D clocks switching.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Would be great if we could see some sort of temperature warning feature in case the fan or something else malfunctions. If temps exceed a user specified limit, then a visual or sound warning could come on.

5. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 New Member

AutoFanSpeed By Pre-Set Temp

One thing that would be especially nice to see would be the option to configure the fan to run at whatever speed was necessary to keep the GPU Temp at a pre-set value. Base the option on GPU Temp instead of specific fan speed.

Thank you!

Oh! One other thing would be really nice - to be able to specify a value to be shown either instead of the icon in the SystemTray, or in the ToolTip when the icon is selected.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  6. shetlander

shetlander New Member

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5850 1Gb
    I would like to see a lower GPU voltage and lower MEM clock as my 5850 is able to run slower than the lowest settings I can currently set in 2D.

Also, Im not sure if its possible but would you be able to set a third profile for say when the computer is completely idle? Like when you leave it running overnight to download large files and probably switch the monitor off.

7. Contagion

Contagion New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 5870
    An in-game temperature monitor would be cool. Just have the degrees in the top right corner of the game or something.

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Is it a bad joke?

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    rofl :funny:

10. xcaninox

xcaninox New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX480 800/3700@1.05
    @Unwinder

i saw u've released a beta version (1.6.0 beta1).. also im very thankful about the support for DX11 on OSD (wot about DX10.1, is possible to add support for it?). Glad to see the Log story too!!!!! Screenshot support!!! This is half the way to the perfect zone.

but uh, i don't know if u read my lastest post here, if u did, can u confirm if some of the things i've sad was missing will be add? like groupname on OSD, like see allsensors temps disposes on the board (VRM1,2,3 GPU1,2,3), that would be really great.

dx11 support is half the way to the perfect zone =) , glad it's supported now
    o/ o/ o/ o/ o/

THANK U SO MUCH!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010

11. Unwinder

What about first trying it yourself? There is no need to add anything and actually it was available even into previous version beacuse old good DX10 OSD path works fine under DX10.1 and requires zero code modifications.

I can confirm that you may forget about these things, sorry. Detailed VRM monitoring is NOT the thing to be given to noobs, it can be dangerous if used improperly and combined with other tool stressing VRM, so it will stay into RT only. There are zero chances to see it in Afterburner. The same applies to advanced monitoring settings like custom OSD grouping, it will be available into RT only.

12. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    1. Reading .hml (hardware monitoring log) files will be great.
    2. User defined fan settings to stay after closing Afterburner. (if possible )

13. Unwinder

No for both things, sorry.

1 is already available in RT, you can use it to view HML logs recorder with Afterburner. Implementing it in Afterburner with the same level of flexibility is roughly a month of work, don't think that MSI will be happy with a feature having the same development budget as whole Afterburner applciation.
    2 is physically impossible, fan curve provided by afterburner is a software fan control algorithm. Cards with dedicated hardware auto fan controllers have much different automatic fan control approach and many cheap cards (like most of G92 based cards for example) have no dedicated automatic fan controller chip at all.

14. WeBeStadyMobbin

WeBeStadyMobbin Banned

GPU:
    Radeon 5870
    Sapphire Vapor X cards voltage control!

15. SureFireT1000

SureFireT1000 Member Guru

GPU:
    TRI-FIRE 5970+5870

Well rev.1 Vapor-X boards do have voltage control with afterburner, but i guess the reason why you posted this is for a rev.2 board with a non reference design...
    I can probably speak for Unwinder on this one here, and the answer is 100% no. Unless Unwinder knows some way to get around these new voltage regulators on the non reference boards... Besides if that is not a problem, Then the time it takes to get it to work probably will be.

16. Unwinder

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not related to RivaTuner but an option to set which the card in PCI-E slot 1 to GPU1 would be useful as I mentioned in the MSI Afterburner Bug thread as mine is currently detected as GPU2 and caused me much initial confusion while I was testing CrossFireX. I actually thought my hardware was faulty or that I set CrossFireX up wrong.

18. zuppi

zuppi Member

GPU:
    8800 Ultra
    480 SPAWA Temp?

19. Unwinder

Decided to return with some more nonsense? bye bye ;)

20. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hi Unwinder, i'd like to see support for 64bit Apps like Crysis in the RT or AB OSD. I'm aware that that's only a concern for a few people, but it would be nice to have. If it's not possible or planned, nevermind.

Thanks for your software :thumbup:

@zuppi: I don't think anyone speaking english will unterstand what you mean by "SPAWA".
    Try some english in an english forum; what you wanted to say was "VRM" (Voltage Regulator Module, the very same as Spannungswandler)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.