ASUS ROG ORION PRO Gaming Headset tested

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 1, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The ASUS ROG Orion Pro Gaming Headset are a mid-range set of cans aimed at online gamers. Meant for extended sessions of gaming, they offer very high build quality, light weight with generous padding ...

ASUS ROG ORION PRO Gaming Headset tested

2. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    20Hz to ~20 KHz frequency response...in 2013...at that price?! For $60 I'd say it's great, for $120 it's definitely a bit comical. But heck it's Asus and it's overpriced and it's recommended so undoubtedly it will sell.

3. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Great headset for less than 30$: Elecom E-Force GHS10
    h t t p : //g o o . gl/ y 0 m X O (no spaces)

I have tried at least a 20 medium-to-high class models, during last 10 years, and I can guarantee that no headset can beat this one in terms of what you get for your money...

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Meh.

for $20 less you can grab the Sennheiser HD-280 PRO and sleep better at night knowing that $100 went to a set of cans that is far better. plus you can use that spare $20 and get a clip on mic while you're at it.

Nice review though

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I still have my Medusa headset ...best one I've ever gotten but was expensive around $120 but its very comfortable and the sound is outstanding!

6. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Very appealing to the eye.

Thanks for the review.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'll keep my Superlux HD681 for music/movies... and AC P301 for gaming...

8. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    C'mon guys, stop saying that you own this and like that, talk about the damn review and stop these kind of comments.

Good day.

9. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB

It's not a ''damn'' review - instead, it is a good and reliable one, just like any reviews made by Mr. Hilbert H.

Another thing is that what is to be commented here is not a review itself, but the product which happens to be it's subject. And once we start to discuss the value of the item that has been reviewed, it is almost inevitable to compare it to the other, similar items. That is why we mention other headsets here...

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Reviews of audio equipment are very subjective. Everyone's ears are sensitive to different frequencies and as such the overall experience will vary from user to user. Quite honestly, when you can get high quality headphones and separate microphones for half the price of these "gaming headsets", the "gaming headsets" tend to lack true value.

The review wasn't done by Hilbert himself but by Brann Mitchell (as noted in the article). The author should be given proper credit for his work. It's a very well written review.

Last edited: May 3, 2013