Ati Driver opencl bug

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Billerdo, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    Hi, i have a problem. After amd catalyst driver 13.1 whql installation, gpuz detected a bug in opencl. Tried to uninstall this driver to install 12.11 beta 11, and still the problem persist, this problem it's not only detected by gpuz because i tried to run luxmark and it's crashed twice, so, wich is the problem? There is a way to fix it? i use driver sweeper and ccleaner to make fresh installation.

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The reason you are currently experiencing this is due to Opencl leaving files or registry entries behind in your system. Driver Sweeper cannot fix this problem because driver sweeper does not completely remove the Opencl entries. To remove them you would need to use a tool such as the latest version of ATIMAN or the AMD tool (Not Recommended unless you are currently running a Windows 7 operating System)

There is also another software you can use to fix the problem but I can't quite remember the name.

Ok found the software, its called MSI Cleanup Utility
    Download Link:
    http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/MSI-cleanup-utility-3889c8db

You should use this tool only if you run into a similar problem with an MSI package. Do not use it to clean up your ATI drivers. You can still use driver cleaner but I recommend uninstalling all your driver using express uninstall and then running driver sweeper to clean up the files and registry entries left behind by the AMD uninstaller.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    tried with atiman, the problem is still here :-(

4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Use the MSI Cleaner to get rid of Opencl files then install last working version of Opencl for your Graphic Card (Opencl that you tested)

5. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Is this why furmark may not be working for me as well, even though GPU-z etc do work? I did notice the check mark for GPU-z for opencl is no longer checked though as of recently...

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Furmark shouldn't be affected by OpenCL as it doesn't use it. Furmark uses OpenGL.

7. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    ok, then why do all my opengl games work, but furmark does not?? IDK, thanks for the info. though.

8. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    With msi cleaner i can't see any opencl installation, so i can't fix the msi installer. I just wanna know if this problem can be hardware related or it's only software bound.

9. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    uninstalled and cleaned with ccleaner + driversweeper (uninstalled atiman too, it's a good tool but i don't like it), and installed 13.2 beta 6, problem it's solved for windows 7 os, but i have another hdd with Windows xp 32 bit, and through gpuz in win xp i don't see opencl checked but i have no errors. It's normal that gpuz in win xp don't check opencl?

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I don't think OpenCL is for XP. Maybe it works, but I don't know :stewpid:

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Here is the long answer...If AMD included an OpencL package for Windows XP then it does support windows XP. So, if there is no Opencl driver in the Diver package, that means Windows XP is not supported.

Here is the short answer...No, it does not support Windows Xp. Here is the link to the OpencL Requirement Page
    http://developer.amd.com/tools/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/system-requirements-driver-compatibility/

12. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    The latest versions of OpenCL runtimes (or some part of drivers connection OpenCL to the HW) has negatively affected OpenCL performance since 12.11b11. POCLBM (bitcoin mining with OpenCL on my 7950) performance dropped 10% simply by installing any of the Never Settle Drivers. Reported.

13. Darr

Darr Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Armor OC
    Opencl works in windows XP as long as your graphics card is an hd4000 and higher. If upon installation of the driver, opencl is not working go to the ATI directory (11.12 and lower) or the AMD directory (12.1 and above), go to the support subdirectory, then the driver version you're trying to install subdirectory, then the packages subdirectory, then the apps subdirectory, then the opencl subdirectory and double click on the (opencl.msi). This will rerun the opencl installer, choose the repair option and it should fix the installation.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013