AMD starts cheating on Call of Duty 7 Black Ops

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by phk, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    I'll have to check this out with my 4870. I'll be back to post a screen if the sparks are shown or not (I could have sworn that I saw them before but have not played since the CAP 2 update with CoD so it could be caused by that if this is true?)

This is not the exact same frame but I can see the sparks when the plane crashes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    One game, not even a benchmark, some dodgy screenshots and people claim someone is cheating.... GTFOH

3. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Could be better if you could cap a screen closer to the dramatic spark scene. We still see some spark but not as dramatic as the one shown which makes the OP look like a troll trying to defame ATI or AMD claiming little to no spark at all and little to no smoke.

This guy sounds like another focus group member. He posted on at least 3 sites already (2 Chinese and Guru3D) about this 'cheat'. Not to mention his language usage in chinese is really offensive and sounds like one of those 'angry teenager'.

4. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    i found the problem...go to the player.cfg and set folder player-->> config.cfg : seta profile_physics "1" from "0"...**** off treyarch, fcking n00bs...get a life...physx is not physics in general...that's a shame and hatred to amd gpus...

...go to the player.cfg and set folder player-->> config.cfg : seta profile_physics "1" from "0"...

thread should be closed now...it's a troll, but it was for good...we revealed treyarch's failure and trick for nvidia's shake and favor...well done activision...smart marketing move...

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Is this thread still going? WTF @ everyone. :3eyes:

:biggun: it :biggun: IT NOW!

6. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    not really it was useful...we didn't notice the hidden physics mate...that thread was good for amd users finally... :D

7. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    I wonder how much money/support they receive from Nvidia when making this game. They favor Nvidia even without the TWIMTBP title...

8. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    yeah...they should taking a lot...that's why it was on gtx580 presentation...they forgot the nvidia logo...the way it's meant to be played...fcking morons...hidden physx for amd users, and making gaming more reliable to nvidia...from now on, i will be checking all my games .cfg files for "physics" option to "on","1"...that's it.!

9. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
  10. mao5

mao5 Guest

11. phk

phk Member

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 580
    AMD Cheat Cheat Cheat:wanker:

12. mao5

mao5 Guest

13. mao5

mao5 Guest

nvboy, your mom asked u to go sleep:banana:

14. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    WTF? Guru3D is invaded by the Chinese spammer ( I am chinese tho.... and i feel ashame being a chinese...)

15. mao5

mao5 Guest

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Jebus Priest. Please stop.

17. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    It looks like this comes down to, what are your settings for both the game and CCC. Also if you have tweaked the players settings.

18. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Looks like its more than game setting and CCC setting in this case. It is a hidden setting (i don't own any COD games) in the cfg file which disable physics for some 'unknown' reason. Only advance tweakers will tweak the cfg / ini.

We have no idea yet on why the developers disable the physics on certain setup so maybe we should give them the benefit of doubt and let them answer this question.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looks like recently there has quite an aggresive campaign to discredit AMD, no idea if this has originated from Nvidia or not though, or how much truth there is to it, but at least it may make tech sites take a look at how the review cards.

Don't think the physics config thing is a deliberate bit of sabotage to favour Nvidia cards, as this would/could decrease performance making the Nvidia cards look slower.

Is it disabled for everyone using AMD though?

20. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    the most that this proves is that ati has crappy/buggy drivers...which is nothing new. however, proving that this is done deliberately to increase FPS is going to take more than some screen shot comparisons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.