PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've been downloading .mp4 files off sites like filestube and 4share and what not using the browser on the vita, just music vids thus far though but as far as streaming goes i think the US is the only one with netfilcks. On sonys Q&A awhile back they said that they are looking to bring YouTube function to vita along with .pdf but nothing set in stone yet, though its available on the ps3 so im gonna assume they are just waiting on 3rd party approval from the likes of adobe (Flash) and Google

2. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Not really once you are connected its as fast as wi-fi.... Its only small chunks of data after all.

Until providers stop charging through the nose for data there's no point having a 500mb connection if all you are allowed to download is 500MB

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So Sony's March 9 announcement was pretty average:

UMD transfer thing
    MGS HD edition (June 28)
    Inafune project discovery
    Persona 4
    Super Robot Wars
    Legend of Heroes Zero
    Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
    Phantasty Star Online 2 (PSO2 cross platorm play with the PC - 2013)

Well i guess there's E3 and TGS to look forward to.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB

Other than UMD transfer, none of these announcements were confirmed to reach anywhere outside Japan =/

Meanwhile Vita barely broke 10k units in Japan this last week and continues it's decline. Not good.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm gonna give sony the benefit of the doubt here (mainly coz i just bought 1) as alot of people from different forums have pointed out that its not like sony hyped up this annoucment outside of japan along with the games as you ^^^ said. But hay its brand new system so im gonna just chill for a bit

lol oh yeah a forum user by the name of Odrion pointed this out: I just realized, Playstation Vita is the 5th playstation product created.

V

PSV.

I need sleep.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Dammit, I now await further updates for Vita's Ridge Racer, which atm seems like there's only 4 tracks. I can't believe they deliberately make us wait for this supposed content when the actual game is so lacking in tracks and cars. It's like a beta. I played it without the patch first to see how it was before and I can say it was poor pre-patch.

Now it seems it's more stable, but, you can tell it's not up-to-par with the quality in games like PSP Ridge Racer and even PSP Ridge Racer 2 is awesome for how much "Ridge Racing" we actually get (come on SONY, release it on PSN pls!).

With the PC release on the horizons I hope we get the full RR experience cause DLC really sucks atm. Sorry to say.

I hope we see Gran Turismo Mobile. PSone library is going to make Vita an excellent back-catalogue machine for Sony.

7. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Why do i get the feeling that the ps3 to vita remote transfer will be practically ignored by the devs ? I can`t help thinking that it`s gonna end up another broken promise by $ony.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ridge Racer never had many tracks though did it? I recall the psone version only having one track and the ps2 version at launch having like 3?

9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, but, that was years ago. Seriously, if you like RR then get psn version and compare the 2 different experiences. Racing is always similar, but, in content, no. Vita is like an old skeleton in comparison.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I wasn't even aware there was a RR for Vita.

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Seems Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 servers have been down all weekend and even now isn't working. Only missed getting my free cards for heroes vs heralds as I dont play online yet.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  13. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Seeing as they are off the shelf parts, I would imagine there's quite a lot planning to use it.

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ridge racer dlc released today that adds 1 track and 2 cars. Also new puzzle game demo available.

Mvsc3 servers are also back.

New firmware has been announced for april that will fix compatibility problems with some psp games. Hope gran turismo mobile is one of those games, bought it from media go and it shows up in my dl list, but, its not allowed to be downloaded onto vita yet. Don't fancy splashing out on a ps3 just for gt.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Haven't played the new Mortal Kombat, since it's coming with all the DLC and etc in one box for Vita, I'm waiting to purchase the vita version.

Resistance fall of man....a series I want to like but the controls kill the game for me, I've tried all 3, hated all 3, I hear this one is not a 3rd person though, maybe it will help with the controls. Hopefully there's a demo.

Right now all I'm looking for to is Mortal Kombat, hopefully e3 changes that.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, on PC HL2 episodes showed how much waiting sucks. It still sucks! :p

I wish Namco would just hurry-up and release all the content for RR on Vita, charge us the £2-3 and be done. The new track isn't even that good, but, users have been rating it 5*. Shows how much they've been starved for it lol.

There's also only 1 car and track left that should be released by the end of the month, then, another set of 3 tracks to be released until May! That's just awful.

Fortunately, it looks ok and feels like RR is supposed to with it's ridiculous cornering. Nitro makes you want to perfect the corners more, but, it's such a hard grind.

Having Challenges like in RR PSP was much better. No Championships at all really dissappoints.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Some peps from phexe have made a vita theme maker.

http://phexe.com/2012/03/23/pxi-psvita-theme/

edit: can anyone find the download button?
    edit:you gotta sign up to console spot to download

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  18. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Firmware 1.66 released today. 97mb.

19. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    1.67 firmware released. Apparently it fixes stability issues with some games. Anyone else think that an update for PS3 remote play won`t happen anytime soon ?

20. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Wipeout 1.02 released, improved loading times and fixes bugs.

Seems to be working nicely - roughly 20-25 seconds loading times now. Still a wait, but, ok. Very nice.