The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Nov 21, 2008.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    and their any other mods like this as i find this look not as good as normal game

2. sepulchre

sepulchre Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280
    Have you tried float 32 and the sunshafts mod

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
  4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Just finished this game :)
    Used float32 + god rays mod v0.1

pics here: http://forum.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3061127&postcount=333

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i cant get float32 mod working i have ati and game maxed out please help

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    is it possible to get float32 working under CF

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's just a few modified shaders so it'll work but it's for the R3 render path or in plain text the DX10/DX10.1 modes so it won't do much for DX9 if that's what you're using.

EDIT: Two files or so actually yet it's quite noticeable in the actual game.

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    well im dx10.1 and if i have AI on meaning both card CF it doesn't boot the game but with AI off (no cf) i can boot

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well that's strange, bit interesting as well since it works fine for me.
    (Game engine can be a bit cumbersome though so it might be one of it's many quirks.)

And I take it things work just fine with the shader files removed?
    (Shouldn't make a difference from what I know so it's a bit strange, they're just shaders after all.)

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok people i need help my 4870x2 seems not to like this game it plays great and no ingame lag but i have a few issues

-float32 not work wi9th CF (im using dx10.1 / all settings maxed)
    -i get rain coruption / flickering (only when rainig)
    -their seems to be mouse lag like smoothing is on but the game doesn't lag

can people help me with these issues please

11. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Well those are issues I had with SOC but not with Clear Skies (especially that graphical corruption when it rains)! Fortuneatly Clear Skies hasn't had any of these problems on my system. With that said damien have you installed all the Clear Sky patches?

The mouse lag could be a few different things but start by making sure you have "V-Sync" disabled! If that is not the problem than I'd bet its got something to do with the ATI/AMD drivers (could that maybe be the problem)? Have you tried different drivers or a clean install of your current drivers? It could also be a problem with the CF setup, as in the drivers don't properly work with CF?

Keep us posted on your progress please.

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i have 1.0.5.7 installed, as for drivers i use the 9.2 but i will try 9.1 tonight

thanks

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Wow, I'm seriously enjoying this game. I have the graphics settings maxed out and it does look absolutely awesome. NMC's texture mod and the SHARPER textures do make a big difference in the overall graphical quality. My rig actually has to work to display this game, unlike Fallout 3 which didn't pose a challenge.

And the best part, not one single crash yet. Of course, I guarantee that I just jinxed myself. I'll probably end up like John now that I stated that. :rolleyes:

14. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    guess I'll reinstall this game later, haven't touched it ever since my saved game files went to hell. Plus, now there are a lot of nice graphical optimization mods which would go nicely with DX10.

15. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Be forewarned bro, you may have to do some serious tweaking to get it running smoothly. This game has my rig stretched to it's limits and my 260's are seriously overclocked. DX10 puts a serious strain on things, depending on which options you max out. But, it does look incredible. The lighting is, hands-down, the best I've ever seen in a game.

16. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    kinda was expecting that, I tried running it max (stock, no mods) back when I was still on XP and a Pentium 4 and the godrays killed performance, so i had to sacrifice that. I'll probably use the float32 and whatever other mod that boosts performance this time, and tweak accordingly

17. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Good luck. You may also experience periodic slowdowns which will require you to ALT-TAB out and then back in. I guess that GSC still hasn't fixed the memory leak. Which is pretty ridiculous but what can you do?

18. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Man, this game looks awesome in DX10 mode with AA on, destroys performance tho. I've been running it on Windows 7, which may have contributed, but FPS drops down from a constant 60 on DX9 to 25-35. Still, with all that AA to process and better graphics its understandable. (@ 1680 x 1050)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  19. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    This is one of the few games I want to play over and over after finishing it. The environments are stunning and they don't have the copy/paste feeling other open world games have.

I'm getting pretty good performance in dx 10 maxed with around 40-50 fps at 768X1280 but I get occasional half second freezing which seems to happen when environmental sounds like dogs barking or fire crackling are loaded.

Has anyone else had this problem?

20. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Classic Satch - Interesting point on the memory leak, fortunately for me that problem was remedied after patch 1.5.08. I can now game for multiple hours without sufferingg any memory leak problems! I wonder why some people are still having this problem (besides you there are many other people who also have memory leak problems even though their games are patched to 1.5.08)?

Damien666 - I'm not sure if it would help but why not install the latest patch (1.5.08)? I would suggest trying the newest patch if the installation of 9.1 (AMD driver) doesn't help (at least its worth a try).

In regards to these gameplay slowdowns (and other issues caused by memory leak problems), I've honestly been getting great performance despite being completely maxed out at 1920 x 1200 with the CS Sharper Textures mod installed (along with a handful of other mods). I've had very few framerate slowdowns and when they happen its caused by game loading into memory (and not actual issue with game).

With this all said I've only got about 14hr-16hr of gameplay at the moment so there is still the chance that I'll start to suffer from all these problems you guys are mentioning?

Classic Satch - Do these issues your having happen at a particular section of the game or do they happen throughout the game (happening randomally throughout game)?

In anycase I am continually blown away with how good this game looks, as you mentioned Classic Satch this game has some of the best (if not the best) lighting of any game I've ever played before! I will post back if I start to experience any of these issues on a regular basis.