RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I don't think that could blow up your card, but keep in mind that overclocking that much requires good air flow around the card to avoid overheating.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Thank you for fixing the issue with SweetFX.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    use search on the old thread, its been discussed many times.

or perhaps someone with a similar card will share their profile settings

as english appears not to be your primary language, in the future i would advise you to be careful of your phrasing. self-entitled demands will not get you far here.

I will point out however that BF3 is a heavily CPU bound game, your core2 is probably not going to be enough to get the most from your 7750.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  4. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    @japamd
    My theory Is that Radeon Pro (overdrive), does not work properly with my card as it should and no matter how I set the slider (if at all I activate it) automatically sets the power limit to 120%. It's the only reasonable explanation for why the card keeps boosted clocks, no matter how i manually set Power Limit. How do you think ? But its still great tool. Other settings works how they should. Thanks for your hard work.

5. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Screens of Team Fortress 2 with HBAO on/off, using the Half-Life 2 AO profile:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Is it possible to Force AA in Borderlands?
    Cause i can´t get it to work on the outline shaders:(

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Well, I think it's very unlikely to be happening (Powertune changing to 120% without touching the slider).

Nice! Though I think it's a bit too strong, maybe a farZ=5000 in AO profile will make it more natural. But it's kinda a matter of taste...

Did you tried Left 4 Dead 2 profile?

PS: use the link below to quickly spot differences

http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Gal...rofssli7f/hl2_exe_2013_01_09_00_26_05_531.png

8. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    @japamd
    So why RP dont downclock my card as it should if card its definitely underpowered (80%), or even just added to profile without touching power-limit ? As you saw in my screenshots, its not just my imagination, but fact :) Thanks for patience answering my questions.

9. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    Why does RadeonPro add so much blurryness to my fonts when playing? Especially the Steam overlay, chatting is difficult to read when forcing AA through this.

10. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF

You need to use mlaa/fxaa/smaa or even downsampling for the black outline shaders.

11. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
  12. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Damn, don´t like those alternatives to much, but thanks for telling:)

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Missed your post... you're welcome and thanks for the feedback :)

RP doesn't downclock by itself, it's Powertune :)

What happens if you overclock without changing powertune in CCC? Did you tried raising fan speed to 100% in CCC while overclocking, just to see if it's not temperature related?

It depends on the settings you picked for AA.

Please fill in an issue at RP issue tracker or post it as a question in community (links at 2nd post) so I can have a look at it when I get a chance. Just mention the shader load order not working as expected. Thanks in advance.

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Is there AO for resident evil 5-6 ? How do i know which game i can activate it using only the AO in the visual TAB, and when i need to go into settings and set it there AO

15. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    hey Japamd, what is that wallpater you are using on the comunity page?

it looks familiar, and its bugging me.

17. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
  18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    k, not what i thought it was...

lol

19. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    This certainly to not related to temperature. I told you earlier, if using the CCC, I have set the same Power Limtit as i set in Afterburner. I have tried many combinations. Uninstalled CCC, Afterburner, I reinstalled windows. The only program that keeps boost clocks is Radeon Pro. Just that I will add the game profile to RP Overdrive, not even have to activate the slider related to power. Of course i can make more screenshots, but i think its not necessary.

Of course, I'm not going to argue with you, because I do not have such knowledge as you. But the only reasonable explanation for me is Radeon Pro (via Power Tune), that automatically sets the limit on the card to 120% of the TDP after adding games to RP profile. How else to explain the fact that the card does not go off, or does not reduce the clock when it lacks enough power (example. keep 20% oc , at 80% power limit.. impossible).

edit. It may interest you. If I first activated in CCC ovedrive power limit to -20%, then later after launch Radeon Pro, slide it is also automatically set to -20% (the same as in the CCC, synchronized with global settings). But it does not change anything because the boost clocks are stable only in the games added to the RP. In CCC I still have to set up 115-120% to gain stability.

edit2. I found something else. It seems that the lever with "Always use perofmrance Highest clocks while gaming" is also still active, even if I did not turn on. All applications which I will add to the RP profiles run at the highest clocks. For example, Dragon Age 2, I have a low clocks in the game menu (300/150), but with the Radeon Pro immediately after starting the application, the game keeps the overclocked 3D clocks, even at 5% gpu usage on the menu. I hope that my observations will help you, because something is definitely wrong with the Power Tune and Radeon Pro. Maybe just for my card. 7870xt is a fairly new product. I'm afraid a little bit about the vrm on the card, when power tune, it does not work as intended (does not reduce the clock, if exceeded TDP).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I've posted profiles for RE5 in the previous thread, add those lines to AO.xml file

<File name="RESIDENT EVIL 5 (DX10)" exe="RE5DX10.EXE" flags="d3d10:0:0x00000000" params="nearZ=1,farZ=4000" />
    <File name="RESIDENT EVIL 5 (DX9)" exe="RE5DX9.EXE" flags="d3d9:0:0x00000000" params="nearZ=1,farZ=4000" />

Open RP settings and look at Ambient Occlusion section.

Future builds won't let AO to be set if the corresponding AO profile is missing.

Hmmm, change the FEAR profile and set flags="d3d9:0:0x00000001", it might help.

As teleguy posted, it's Tomb Raider Reborn :)

Ok, I'll check the code based on your infos.

About Powertune, I think it's impossible to set it beyond 20% so it may be okay if temperatures are under control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.