AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA2 (13.101.0.0 June 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LeppeRMessiaH

LeppeRMessiaH Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R5
    Yes..

2. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I'm playing online game with VSync on, and it's like I've tearing with stuttering in parallel. It's getting worse instead... lol. Went back to 13.4 and everything is better.

About the memory corruptions on Firefox on Windows 8... I don't get my hopes up anymore. As it seems they won't fix it ever.

The flashing of black artifacts ( dx9c issue ) still there in the same game ( War Thunder ). Rare but still...

Personally I understand the guy above who says he's getting more issues on his first AMD card than all his previous Nvidia cards combined... I feel I'm on the same boat. Perhaps it's the fact that the specific AMD issues are getting more often in our way. Bad luck but...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Its not as bad as with Nvidia. Can you describe closer the flickering in War thunder?

My own tests show that DX9.0c flickering is now limited only to fade effects.

4. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    It's the well known flashing/flickering -call it as you'd like.

You know, I got many videos of this specific problem.

Now that you mention it, the same game has bigger problem on fade effects, indeed... And it has a lot of fade effects due to its open nature. I thought it was related to something called "z-fighting" or so... but I can't be sure.

I have no video on War Thunder, because as I said it's rare ( the flickering, not the fade-effects ) and I don't want to keep recording until I get it. It's enough and unfortunate that I see it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

5. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    According my experience the typical triangular flickering is gone on stock GPU settings. I was able to reproduce similar effects with very careful "bad" overclocking of my card.

Try to find flickerspot on stock GPU frequency.

As you surely know this type of flickering cannot be easily distinguished from real artifacts which are related to overclocking. So far I have not confirmed this issue on stock GPU settings.

Instead I found issue with very similar symptoms, but related to overclocking and automatic power saving features and flickering which is related to fade effects.

Edit:
    I found some info that War Thunder can have flickering issues on Intel GMA 4000. Can somebody verify?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What is AMD Feature Manager on right click context menu ?

Just says my device is not supported after loading a full screen AMD background

[​IMG]

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Interesting.
    I don't have it though. But, I need to do a full reinstall as I upated the driver, not reinstalled it from scratch. Plus, I "down"graded to windows 8 from 7 without formating.

Would be cool if someone knows about that new "feature" as I'm very curious too.

8. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    If you have a notebook with an APU + discrete AMD graphics I suggest you disable the new "Allow additional power savings option". I have an MSI GX60 (A10 + 7970M), and when I tab out of a game for over 5 seconds or so the 7970M turns off.

The problem is when I tab back in and the 7970M turns back on, the computer BSODs for a split second and restarts.

9. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Metro LL

With this driver and an HD7950 and i5 2500K, performance in Metro Last Light (Medium settings without AA) is not bad, it averages way above 60 fps, BUT there's a lot of object related micro-stuttering, even if I lock the framerate at or below 60 fps and turn VSync on. VSync off is unacceptable as it produces massive screen tearing.

My son has a 660 Ti with the same motherboard and CPU, yet he does not have this problem.

What I find strange is that, to my knowledge, AMD has done nothing to improve this game's performance. No mention of the game in any CAP or Beta driver. Nothing. Or am I wrong?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  10. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    I have just bought that game 3 hours ago, so tomorrow I can provide you some feedback...

From what I know, Metro Last Light is optimized for Nvidia graphics. Try also Catalyst 13.4 just for reference.

For now it seems that no update to profiles, or driver itself has been made. Metro Last Light uses its own engine, so without access to the game developers its hard to optimize anything...

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    What do you mean by object-related micro-stuttering?

12. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    It seems as if many of the objects (tables, drums, whatever) are poorly optimized, and when you get near some of them (pointed towards them), the game develops stuttering. Once you get away from objects (into open space), the stuttering mostly disappears.

Problem is, there's quite a LOT of "objects" in the game :)

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im gona hazzard a guess and say, he probably gets that as hes got an AMD CPU as well, as ive not got it, never had it either :)

14. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Metro LL

As a last word (from me) on this matter, it seems the further I progress in the game, the less stuttering there is. The current level has fewer confined spaces, and now there's zero stuttering. Which makes it a pleasure to play the game.

Actually, for drivers that had never been optimized for Metro LL, these Betas are doing quite well... :)

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Same issues for me as per last 13.6 beta, CCC fails to run, flickering when GPU's switch between 2D and 3D profiles as well, also sometimes fails to switch to 3D profile in game as well.

Rather annoying. I have removed and reinstalled and manually clean the Registry of all AMD/ATI entries too.

I may go back to the latest WHQL tbh!

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah, you are totally right. I figured it out after posting that.
    Although, it's weird that it does not work for him.

17. |XTerk-RS|

|XTerk-RS| Active Member

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 6700XT
    Freezing when Idle

Computer freezes when display is turned off in stand by after 10 minutes with this driver. Anyone else having this problem too?

18. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    I have quite different experience with Metro Last Light.

No object-related microstuttering. Game performance was quite good, but it degraded over time. Sometimes game paused for a second, and then was running again. Some ingame bugs observed...

I believe that it needs some additional patches.

In few scenes my GPU got really hot, and the noise from fans was like during OCCT stress test.

19. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    You know what, I've been noticing the same thing with the past 6 or 7 driver releases, but I haven't been 100 percent sure that it's the drivers or what...

I have the exact same card in an Asus G73 laptop. My idle temps used to be around 49 to 52 degrees C, and for the past 6 or 7 releases, my idle has risen to about 54 degrees C. And the GPU load will flutter up to 10 or 20 percent while simply browsing with Firefox, which it never used to do...

I think my temps under "normal" to "high" GPU load have risen also... I've noticed temps up to 78 degrees in games that usually never caused it to heat up more than 70 degrees, and I've noticed by laptop's fan kicking into "high speed" mode more often.

Anyone else having similar problems with this card? Anyone know what the last driver was that didn't perform like this? I'd like to roll back, but I can't remember exactly which version started it...

20. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    I have a Sapphire 7850 1 GB OC edition: 900/1200 MHz by default.
    Installed Catalyst 13.6b2.

System hangs after graphic artifacts using MSAA.....with no MSAA it's all right.

It's a known issue?