Uninstalled Creative drivers, used driver cleaner.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Mkilbride, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    sorry there i guess i didnt see u mentioned Ccleaner..

if you want to be sure it removes all stuff you need to:

1. go to add/remove programs and remove all creative stuff, including audio control panel, thx, alchemy, etc... everything with creative name in it.

2. Go to device manager select audio and remove audio driver check the appropriate window to confirm removal of this driver and hit ok.

3. Run driver sweeper and check creative and remove all stuff for it, you might also check Realtek onboard sound if you have your old driver installed too (doesn't hurt).. don't restart yet!

4. Go and yea run registry cleaner in ccleaner, now restart.

5. Make 100% sure that onboard soundcard is disabled in bios and front HD also if u have it, because its still realtek.
    Now install driver, the one for your soundcard of creative (i think this is yours xfi titanium professional audio right?), you need the rest too, like audio console, volume panel,etc.. install that from your cd, but skip driver..

this fixed my issue once :nerd:

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yes, I already tried all that, did not help.

Regardless, it appears my X-Fi is broken as I said above, so I am going to have to get a replacement, hopefully Creative will cover something like this. Custom support is as bad as people say. I'm also not the only problem with this, I googled it and alot of peoples Creative X-Fi have had their Mic Input die. =/

Auzentech looks like where I'll be getting MY next card.

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    For me, to uninstall my drivers cleanly via Windows is to right click the device, and press Uninstall, when the confirmation dialog box pops up, there should be a check mark box for you to select "Remove driver files" or something like that and that usually removes the driver files cleanly.

deltatux

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Again, thanks for the help, but it's not working.

On top of that, ALL the Audio jacks NO LONGER WORK.

According to Creative, the Warranty is only for 1 year...and well...this card is a year and 25 days old. I feel...ripped off.

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    that sux balls >.<". I hate when that happens.

deltatux