Warranty Claims with EVGA: Anything I Need to Know?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Goose, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Last year I RMA'd broken GTX 570 and got GTX 660 Ti back from them.

2. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    Evga Warranty service is great. I would like to state this is the only company I can spoke to someone in less than 2 minutes.

3. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    :frown: You are probably right, but one can hope.
    The site says it will be a refurb, but the "at lest as good" part seems likely to force them to grab a new card for something like "SC Signature+ w/Backplate" … [​IMG]

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ditto to all .... I've only bought EVGA cards since I started building pc's .. would never buy anything else. Thing is I've never had 1 die, and yes I OC from time to time, depends on game ect, I just don't leave it OC'd 24/7.

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Ive just contacted evga regarding my 780 ti sc acx with defective fans... i honestly hope that they just fix those god damn fans, and send the Card back to me, cause i dont want some crap clocking refurbished Card.

The issue with the fans is strange though... at 67% fanspeed and 0% gpu load, there isnt any issues... at 67% fanspeed and 100% gpu load, the fans become squeeky and rattling - but lowering the fanspeed to 50% removes the noise, as does increasing the speed to 80%.

Anyone got any idea what could be causing it? And just as a note, its only one of the Cards that has the issue - the other one is working perfectly.

6. AugmentedFury

AugmentedFury Guest

GPU:
    770 GTX / 2GB
    I RMA'd my GTX470 in 2011 and got a 470 FTW back. The entire process was smooth. If you had a ASUS card and it died I would be crapping bricks.

7. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    Well: OK; So there's a GTX 770 SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling (02G-P4-2774-KR) in the mail for me, now; The Hz are even higher then before, so that's good, but now I'm a little worried about temps, what with my overclock …

Can't be so bad, right? :frown:

8. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    My 770 SC ACX seems to have really good temps, I think you should be ok. What are your temps like on your i7-990x, and how much waste heat do you think you're dumping into your case?

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The 770 is a solid card and the ACX cooler is pretty good. So EVGA did good.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  10. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    I have the 770 ACX Dual 4GB version with a mild OC and as long as you don't mind a bit of noise when running 100% load it's a rock solid card. I have a custom fan profile that kicks my fan to 95% when the card hits ~55C and it never hits above 57C even pushing 3 monitors on BF3. Good choice!

11. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    A fair amount, I would think: HWiNFO64 reports the CPU "normally" being ~42C° if I have anything running atoll, max-core @ ~42C°, the mobo being ~36C°, and the IOH going as high as ~44C°; Prime95 can send things to ~60C° CPU, ~72C° max-core, ~39C° mobo, and ~48C° IOH.

The gag becomes playing MW:O, badly CPU bound by ca_thread0Affinity, will throw up numbers like ~52C° CPU, ~54C° max-core, ~44C° mobo, and ~53C° IOH, what with that chip being right there by the big card, even though the 680 was a cross flow with a back plate. :bolt: I'd jacked the fans up in Afterburner so the old card would only get to ~70C° @ 76% fan speed.

These are all warm summer temps, you understand. :fuse:

At any rate, when I'd changed my graphics card in my HTPC from cross flow to axial, every temp not-the card when up 2~5C°, depending on load, so I'm just a little nervous … :frown:

12. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    :bolt: There's a point I forgot: So the big card is first, but the little single-slot 640 is right next to it, and below that it the Sound Blaster; All of this means that back fan on the 770 will be badly shrouded, and the front one won't be happy, ether. :crapper:

This leads to questions about card arrangements: I think I could swap the 770 and the 640/ 'Blaster pair, and just throw a switch in the BIOS to point to the 770s' new slot; I guess I'm reinstalling the driver anyways, but do you think the rest of the OS will take to this well? :program:

13. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    If you only have a mild OC, there's really no need to keep the card that cool.

70-80C is perfectly fine for these cards, you can have a much quieter PC and you will increase the lifespan of your fans.

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Agree.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yep.

Even I can be an ass sometimes at work. Though it helps if the customer remains nice, then I tend to keep my "I'm having a bad day" attitude at bay.

16. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    So it's here, and it's 5C° warmer, and everything around it is at lest 6C° hotter, under load. :frown:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Run a custom fan curve. The 770 are aloud to get warmer than the 680 they don't throttle at 72C.

18. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    This is the custom curve: Same for all three for 580, 680, and now the 770 …

19. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    I buy EVGA because they are local and their support is really good. I haven't actually had to RMA anything yet but I have had to contact them about a concern I had and they were really responsive. You know who else has a good RMA service (but ****ty cards) is MSI. Both MSI and EVGA have RMA centers in California.

20. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I've had good luck with EVGA in the past. Don't have any of those stories where I got a better card, but they quickly sent me another 7900GT KO when the one I got was a dud. I used the step up program to get a 8800GTX one time too.

All EVGA cards have a 3 year limited warranty if you buy from an authorized seller like Newegg, Amazon, etc etc. Of course, it always pays to be the original owner with the original invoice.

As long as you didn't buy it 2nd hand off eBay or Craigslist you'll be good.

My 780 is registered but was bought slightly used on eBay so I'd have to go the Guest RMA route if I had a hardware failure (knock on wood).