Quadro FX3800 vs GTX570 - what card choose?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by meliegree, Nov 17, 2011.

1. meliegree

meliegree Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1.2 GB
    Hi there!

First of all - forgive me my english, it is not my primary language.

Since i was a kid i dream about making movies and special effects. Today i can watch for hours videos about making some movies. For years i was playing with programs like Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere and now i want to play with 3D graphic in applications like 3DS Max. Now i use that computer:

Athlon II X3 445 (3*3.1Ghz)
    6GB RAM (1333Mhz)
    600GB + 160GB hard drives
    GTX 570 1.2 GB
    OCZ stealthXstream 2 600W

But i have ocassion to change my GTX570 to a Quadro FX3800 card (with little issue that after start screen shows some DOS/ASCII messages and need restart) and i dont know what card is better for that kind of wark. I also play in games like Skyrim and BF3.

2. champ2010

champ2010 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI
    You will have decide you priority between the applications and the game and also you cannot compare Quadro and GeForce series of card for exact results.

3. meliegree

meliegree Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1.2 GB
    yeah, i know. But quadro fx3800 is old card and GTX570 is quite powerfull for now. But i dont know what card is more powerfull in rendering and modeling 3D etc. which card, FX3800 or GTX570 will be more powerfull in working with Maya 2012 or 3DS Max etc. For gaming i know the answer.

4. jellysheep

jellysheep Guest

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    You answered you're own question, even if the quadro is more optimized, the feature set and superior power of the GTX 570 will be miles ahed in anything you choose to do on it.
    out of these 2 cards, get the GTX 570, plain and simple.

-Jellysheep.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    GTX570 has considerably more processing power than the FX3800, period.

6. meliegree

meliegree Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1.2 GB
    More processing power but quadro cards has some special features to work with applications like 3DS Max. And problem is price - i have GTX570 and i pay for it something like 1400pln. quadro FX 3800 costs ~3600pln. So i thing about that, why older card and less powerfull is so expensive comparing to GTX570?

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Quadro FX3800 is a professional graphics card...the GeForce GTX570 is a consumer graphics card. Quadro cards typically have more member than their GeForce counterparts as well as being specifically targetted at Professional level graphics use.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can get away with using a Geforce card at home if you plan on practicing techniques and simple tasks. Premier can be altered to run the Mercury engine for geforce cards and After Effects has CUDA/OpenCL implementations. 3D programs benefit a lot more with Quadro's but again you can just hold on to your Geforce which can run it fine.

If you were to take a career path into it then I suggest you build a Quadro setup as you'll be needing a lot more resources.