darksiders 2 resolution not support by tv.need options.dopt file

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by horof, Aug 16, 2012.

1. horof

horof Guest

GPU:
    asus nvidia 9800gtx 512mb
    hi everyone:
    my tv dont support the default resolution of darksiders 2 and the options.dopt cant be edit outside the game.
    could anyone set resolution at 1024x768 16/9 and send me the file?
    the path must be something like this
    "C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Darksiders 2"
    thank you all of you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  3. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    1024x768 is 4:3

4. horof

horof Guest

GPU:
    hi jonasbeckman:
    just tested and works totally perfect.
    my poor knoledge of english(im spanish) dont allow me to tell you properly how much thank you for help me.
    really the world need more nice and good people like you.
    please, clonate yourself.
    really, really, really, really, really, thank you. your are my fuc**** hero!

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ha ha, well I'm glad I could be of help, good to hear that it worked. :)

6. ECSESS

ECSESS Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GT 2GB
    Hey.. I have a similar problem. When I try to enter in the game i got an error "The subsystem could not support the resolution 1024X768". I reinstalled the game but it was the same. I tried to copy the file that you uploaded in the Darksiders2 folder but the same. Any ideas? :D please...

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I put the resolution at the lowest possible (800x600) for that file and if that doesn't work I'm a bit out of ideas.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Darksiders2

Is the location for the game files by default, they're also stored via Steam under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*Numbers*\50650\remote" for use with cloud saving.

8. horof

horof Guest

GPU:
    hi again:
    ecesess, i think i know what´s happend.
    i had to overwrite 2 coincidences of options.dopt to make the trick works.
    my suggestion:
    1-make sure of you OS have eanbled show hidden folders and files.
    2-make a exahustive search for "options.dopt". for example, in my case (winxp) start->search->files or forders with word "options.dopt" for all the entire drives
    3-replace ALL the founded "options.dopt" with jonasbrother...........ops joking sorry. jonasbeckman options.dopt. im play now withoput any problem thatks to his file.
    4-a little idea.maybe you need a specific resolution.start any game that you has intalled ans search in options ->resolution values to tell us and make us know how prepare the file to sent it to you

9. ECSESS

ECSESS Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GT 2GB
    I really have a problem in here. Yesterday i reinstalled my windows (Windows 7 sp1). It's not finding any files option.dobt so i don't have what to replace. I need a resolution widescreen less than 1024x768(from some reason it doesen't work with that one).
    Any ideas?

10. horof

horof Guest

GPU:
    i think that remeber that the game needs reach the mainmenu screen to create options.dobt file. so try this. we need 2 different things
    1-start game and look how you tv turns off,but check if can listen the sound of diferents intros of the game and eventually the stable music of mainmenu.at this time the game must has create de file.the ctr+alt+erase and turn off darsiders2 process manually.

2-we need make w7 shows the hidden paths and files.i dont know w7 but found this on google.must help you
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/

after 2 steps, make a entire hard drivers seach for options.dobt.after must show any ocurrence.replace all with jonasbeckman´s file.
    OR
    while you do this post here the common relosution you used on your games and i send you the options.dobt file with that parammeter.

11. ECSESS

ECSESS Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GT 2GB
    I've disabled the "hidden" folders, searched, researched and reresearched for option.doubt, but nothing. I'm running out of ideas and i guess you too. So I think it'd be better if i change my OS. I'm thinking about my old XP professional sp3...

12. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    It's options.dopt, not .dobt. Try searching for that.

13. horof

horof Guest

GPU:
    scitek is right.my appologizes.still loking here for help you if needed

14. Nuustikcat

Nuustikcat Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON
    Hey, the link that Jonas posted doesn't exist anymore on this post. Can u please upload the new one ? I'am having the same problem like the others.

15. aaadi

aaadi Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750
    yeaaa!!! ;_; that file doesn't exist anymore!!! need help!! :(

16. Whiteone

Whiteone Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GS250
    god

plz help me TT there is no file anymore

17. Pushpak

Pushpak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon/2GB
    @JonasBeckman I am having a problem starting the game as I have accidentally set the resolution to lowest. Can you please send me a dopt file for any resolution between 800*600 and 1366*768? I would be very grateful.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/10289478/file.html

Default options.dopt with resolution set to 1024x768

19. Pushpak

Pushpak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon/2GB
    Thank you very much for uploading. But it's still not working. Blank screen continues to show up again. Is there any other change I required to do?
    Also after replacing the dopt file and restarting pc, it was asking to run the setup again. What should I do?

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm, you could delete (Backup first if you want.) the entire settings folder - C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Darksiders2 - since the files there are just for game settings and then the game would re-create them from default which should work, strange how it didn't work by replacing it but perhaps those files are also profile specific?
    (Saves are located here - C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\My Games\Darksiders2 and then a folder with some numbers which is unique to your Steam profile.)

Also re-validating the files via Steam might help but it should just be the config file so the game data is likely OK.

EDIT: Yeah there's a profile specific options.dopt file in the Steam user folder, that's what's conflicting with what I uploaded so replace that one too. :)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*SteamNumber*\50650\remote
    (These also hold your save files.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014