Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Its playable on medium. or mix medium and high. Nothing more. 30-60fps

2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I did this as well and started using my 360 pad - it's very playable with the cap. Weirdly without the cap with my settings I was going from 60fps to mid 20s a lot, with the cap set to 40 it never drops below 40.

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    Guys I couldnt believe the results...

Use no vsync.. only FPS limiter to 120... (60 hz or 120 hz lcd led dont matter)

and see the buttery smooth experience ever ! :banana:

I got no tearing at all too !! wow. It could work for other games as well but if you get tearing, use d3d overrider vsync on + tripel buufering on. and do not activate vsync any where else but d3d overrider ;)

Hope it works and this should be main post ;)

4. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    Guys why the game without vsync seems to be capped even at low settings? I cant pass 70 80 fps in first mission and have big drops and low gpu usage now with sli, before i was able to handle 150/200 fps without vsync and with those settings...please help

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    100% SLI problem.

6. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    You think? But i ve tried to turn off sli and i have the same problem...When I was able to get 150/200 fps I was on sli it s really strange! Even if i put 1024 of resolution i get same poor max fps now..and i did n t make any changes...anyone with this problem? Any ideas to solve it? I tried the special flag with nspector for sli profile but didnt work as well

7. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    The amount of unpopulated servers is extremely high, compared to populated servers. I think it's only gonna get worse after 2XP ends.

8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes. :)

This is why I monitor everything until I get a game dialed in. It's good to know what your hardware is doing and what may be causing slowdowns. It's the only reason I keep my G13 gameboard plugged in. Enjoy the game, man!

9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Cheers Man, I'm loving it! :)

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    hey guys,

i'm having an issue. on the second chapter where you have to take out that tower with the three laser guided missiles, i can't. i watched a vid showing you pick up that alien weapon and take out the 3 targets with it, but when i pick it up it's out of ammo and i'm screwed, i can't get past this area! any idea's?

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just a quick note that I fixed my loading issue from earlier. Somehow Crysis 3 had created two different save folders and would bounce between the two whenever the game was loaded or reloaded. Deleting one of the folders fixed it.

Loved the section taking on the Ceph in the swamps, gloriously thick atmosphere and looked very movie like at times. Played the entire section just sat there thinking I can't believe something this awesome looking is playing on my PC.

:banana::pc1:

12. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    vsync off + 120 fps limit try that.. and find any SLI flag which is working for crysis 3.. SLI is not good for that game for now.. patch or driver should come..

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Buy the game ;)
    Google says its down to a bad crack.
    Busted! lol

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Was going to post this but didn't want to assume.

Bad crack is never a good thing... :wanker:

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Wow pretty shameful if true.

16. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    *Dragam

Nice screenies, but why dont you run msaa 4x or 8x ? You clearly got the power for it, at 1080p

Here are some of my screenies

Thanks bud !!!

I can use it yes but im confused on so many AA methods that i just want to play, aint you using the same as me ?

Cheers
    Sergio

17. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Restart chapter two !!! That will fix it

Its not because of a bad crack its a known bug ;0)

18. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    Its a nice game:) sli scaling in the first level is not so god. when lots of stuf is going on it dips down to 33% on both gpus, and when noting is going on just looking at wall 67%-62% on both gpus.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Had one crash so far when I re-played the first level with the various tweaks I did, decided to break every possible item (And on the first level there's a surprising amount of panels and consoles you can break.) and it crashed about halfway through the level and with tons of burning consoles, shattered glass and exploded barrels left behind. :D
    (Could even shoot down that container in the first room with the Cell troopers.)

Also while doing this I discovered that the burning console panel would reflect in the monitor screen usually located above it, looked great. :p
    (And different guns and ammo types leave different holes in the glass windows.)

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I was stood in a lift, a light caught the visor and showed a few dirty fingerprints on it.