Worth using modded drivers for Xonar DX?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by HonoredShadow, Jun 19, 2014.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  2. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi HonoredShadow,

Yes they work very good, i have been use'ing them for my STX for a few years now. When you install them just click on low latency, then pick your card at the bottom (note) i pick stx\ you pick DX. hope this helps

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Its that easy then? Do I need to uninstall the official ones first? Also I have a graphic equalizer setup and saved. Can I still use that or will I have to reset up?

4. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Yes uninstall the official ones first make sure every trace is out of the box . Then install not v1.72 but v1.64 r2. Good luck & yes Its that easy

(I have a graphic equalizer setup and saved. Can I still use that or will I have to reset) Maybe i don't no

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

5. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Been using UniXonar drivers for years too, with my ST. Zero problems.

There's a way to import/export equalizer settings through an .ini file but forgot how. Make a post on the website, Carved usually replies same day and is always helpful with questions.

But yeah, great drivers. Would never touch official unless I have to.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Only if your having issues with the stock drivers, if your not then, there no reason to unless you want to use the classic cmedia panel or the lat free drivers.

7. Suicidal360Flip

Suicidal360Flip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 290X Lightning
    The modded drivers are much better imo, installing the low latency and using the XonarSwitch to create profiles and adjust settings is amazing. From within a game I can switch between profiles using hotkeys, that might not be something your looking for but I find that feature keeping me from upgrading to a DAC exclusively (I am using an optical cable from my DAC to my Xonar DX).