Creative Sound Blaster Z Series

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by IanM, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4980448&postcount=915
    Care to read the thread?

2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Care to react when you have something to say? Saying someone uploaded something somewhere doesn't solve ****. At least provide a link. Or does pride get in your way?

Anyway, finally found a link myself after searching for the whole morning. Slow, but getting past 70% atm.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    If you are unable to find the official Creative forums and open a thread on the very first page, I think it's hopeless.
    No I don't have a link (I know it's there but I didn't save it), I just gave you a direction which you seem to be unable to follow.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    These fixed the weird bluescreen problem I was having. My Corsair headset has a mic and headphone plug. Everytime I plugged the mic part in the computer would reboot and the error log pointed to the Soundblaster Z.

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Creative Sound Blaster Z / Zx driver V13.1.00.28 (12 Dec 14) is now up as a torrent I have just created.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:916B2E8729AF69260D5749E74029AB9196E93334&dn=SBZ_CD_L13_1_00_28.exe

It's currently tracker-less but I may end up adding a few trackers later on if they work out (they're currently either timing out or are not getting resolved). Can anyone test this for me please? Peers in my country have managed to download the file. We also have a fast seed currently, for those who want high speeds.

Those who already have the driver and could help us seed, we would be grateful. Just pop the driver file onto the torrent files and recheck the torrent.

Aaaaaaand Hilbert's mirror is up!
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/creative-sound-blaster-z-series-driver-download.html

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Have just installed a new Zx card this afternoon and am having problems..

I have some AKG K612 Pro headphones and I am finding the level of volume very very low... on 100% it seems very very quiet.. like its just on 40%.

I have all volume sliders on 100% in windows.

I have plugged the headphones directly into the headphone jack on the sound card to eliminate problems with the break out unit.

In game (BF4) the sound is horrible... my Titanium Fatal1ty Pro was 100% better than this.

HELP!!

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Did you switch it to 600ohms in the control panel?

8. Dr.Chocolate

Dr.Chocolate Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6gb ASUS
    Anyone else has ''the current selected audio device is disabled, bla bla'' with the new drivers on win 8.1 64 bit?

9. fisher6

fisher6 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GTX 4GB
    I bought the X-Fi XtremeGamer back in the days and have always been a fan of creative sound cards. I'm looking for a newer one along with a set of 5.1 speakers. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Creative Sound Blaster Z.

10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yes, have some kind of problem with my 1st SBZ card (my main rig has one, no problem and my gf's rig has one, no problem) in my HTPC. Tried different slots and systems and the card is changing within Windows from "Sound Blaster Z" to "2 - Sound Blaster Z" in the device manager within "Audio inputs and outputs". This happens randomly and forces me to select either of the 2 within the SBZ CP.

This does not happen with the 2 other cards so I expect a hardware issue. Learned to live with it.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Can't go wrong with a SoundBlaster Z oem. It's like £50. Great sounding cards for the price.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Sound Blaster Z is a big upgrade over an XtremeGamer if you have good headphones/headset.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Sound blaster Z.. Don't even think twice about it.

14. Dr.Chocolate

Dr.Chocolate Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6gb ASUS
    Sorry for the late response. I have the same thing! I had creative x-fi Xtreme gamer and that card had great audio quality even for my needs in music, but it had the squeel of death thing or something. This one has the same issue though - randomly changes to soundblaster z or soundblaster z 2 in the cp. New drivers don't work after restarting on win 8.1 64 bit. Sticking with the 24 ones. Card is good for gaming, audio quality for music i think is not the best. Should have maybe bought the more expensive stx II.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ran into a strange problem with my ZxR.

I recently installed Battlefield 1942 again, and it seems to be cutting out my Soundcard every now and then. It seems to happen 10 to 15 minutes after i hear a strange sound anomaly when flying planes only. The Sound simply cuts out, and when i check the audio settings in Windows it still shows activity (the little green bar).

It only happens in Battlefield 1942, and the only fix is restarting the PC.

Has anyone else ever experienced this with particular a Game?

(im using the latest driver from the Creative website)

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Is that an EAX game? If it is, you might need to tweak a few things in Alchemy.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Added BF1942 to ALchemy, and the Hardware Acceleration Box ingame is no longer Greyed out :)

Not sure how many Channels it uses tho, as ALchemy says 128 and ingame 31.

There is a very noticable sound difference tho.

Will find out soon enough if it works.

18. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Hi guys

Just bought a Sound Blaster Z sound car for my PC 350 SE's. There is an improvement over my onboard audio, but I'm still massively underwhelmed by the headset itself. It sounds very tinny normally - when I press the ear cups closer to my head the sound is 10x better. Not really sure where to go from here - I've seen some sites with a physical mod to increase bass but have also read that they need time to warm up / burn in, so am waiting a bit...

Anyway, I also have a set of Logitech X-540s and am wondering what the general view is for the Sound Blaster Pro Studio settings, primarily for listening to music but also movies and games. I know that it is all subjective, but I can't decide if my music (only a mixture of 256/320 kbps) sounds better with or without the SBX Pro Studio features enabled.

I've always thought that any enhancements or boosts by software are generally just marketing gimmicks (like colour boosts on TVs and monitors), but I'm not enough of an audiophile to know whether or not this is an exception...

Any thoughts?

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I bought this very headset for my son, and I have to admit the ear cups are huge.
    You could try to find different pads to better suit your head and ears, as the headset itself has a very good quality (and I'm no fan of the typical Sennheiser signature sound).
    Try them with music and no SBX enabled, then use only SBX surround for games to start with. If you need a more "fun" setting, add SBX bass to that.
    As long as you keep Windows set at 5.1, your sound should be great in the end.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the headphone amp on this card?