Le Divorce, is Le annoying

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vbetts, Mar 9, 2017.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Actually we're getting a dissolution of our marriage, civil yo.

It's annoying, time consuming, but I gotta say that since we decided to split up I have been happier and she has too.

But still annoying.

Rant over.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Good for you, I guess?

Sometimes people are just incompatible, I don't know the circumstances of your relationship but I hope you and your ex find something better.

Unlike you to post this sort of thing though mate, so I really do hope you're okay.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sorry to hear that man :( Though glad that you guys are happier now.

But for the sake of discussion, in Sweden every TWO marriages are dissolved (at least in the three big cities), I mean wtf is going on? I'm personally afraid to commit since there's a 50% chance that the relationship will break. And what about the kids?

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The sooner you stop thinking of such things which bother you the sooner you can find some peace.

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Well **** happens but now you can get some! And then a relationship with someone more compatible. Theres always a good side to things and things always fall into place in the end dont worry. :nerd:

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I got divorced age 25 after 6 years of marriage 24 years ago, we married too young, but looking back it was indeed the best decision for both of us, never were we so unhappy in those last two years, only with hindsight do you grasp just how it was the right thing to do, even though it still feels painful while going though it.....but if you are both happy then it's the right thing to do.

Onwards and upwards my friend, onwards and upwards. :)

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Both of you are happier, that's what's most important.Love the thread title btw. :):):):)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Once she takes you for everything you own, you can start spending more money on e-peen.

Good times.

9. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I would subscribe a Ryzen a day and your pain would fade away. :nerd:

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Unless you have kids.

If you have kids together you're ****ed for life no matter how much money she makes.

11. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    If i left my wife, i'd have to spend at least 30,000 a year on rent for myself, I'm already spending 35k on my daughter to go to UCSC. I'm screwed, My youngest son wont graduate high school until 2021. Believe me I wish i could walk away yesterday.

12. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Honestly, the post was just to share my experience. One thing I have been bombarded with is "Are you okay?" Or "Everything will be alright."

I know it will. Everything is alright. I have never been happier! That's the easy part, but going through the courts just for a simple dissolution is the annoying part.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Did something changed you or her to cause divorce?

14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think we just found things that we were both truly passionate about, and wanted to explore and grow on those. Whereas before, we thought we had some things in common on what we were passionate about but turned out we weren't completely behind those ideas.

Which I am not angry at her, she is not angry at me, we both understand. We were better as friends before.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Consider yourself lucky then. Most marriages end explosively, because someone has to be "at fault". If you two are mature enough to realize that it's just not working anymore, then awesome. You've got the rest of your life to try again.

16. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Thank you for reply. I didn't think of that.

Best regards and wishes to you.

Oi! grills of Guru3D, vbetts is back on hunting grounds!

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Told the gf I wouldn't even consider getting married until I'd been with someone for 10 years minimum

That was 8 years ago.... and she keeps reminding me

18. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU

You have 2 more years to get out before you're jailed for life! j/k... I'm taken but sometime the grass does "look" greener on the other side... :D

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Run.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

:D She knows I don't want to get married, can't imagine standing in front of a room full of people giving vows, absolutely not my idea of fun

Don't see the need or point of it anyway, all it does is lock you into a relationship that may or may not turn sour, and if it does you have a load of hassle and money to get out of it, where just living together means either one of you can walk any time you want with no ties