Bethesda announces star cast for The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't care who is in that game, I'm not touching it, it's blaaaand!

No way will this succeed. Looking and thinking about WoW, every new MMO will have to come out with a sh1t ton of content to keep players busy. This is what will happen with TESO. People will try it, hit max level in a week, beat the end game in another and then go back to WoW because there's just so much to do in there.

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Didn't even know that! That would explain a lot, haha :nerd:

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    When I got Skyrim and oblivion before it I always had the same thought I Want MMO of elder scroll. But seeing I still have to see touch ESO as i never got in the beta I cant comment on it being bland

4. Ilya

Ilya Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    waste of resources of voice acting....

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I was just thinking that too.
    They bring in great actors for the online game which really doesn't depend on great acting, while in Skyrim the acting was terrible - and they had the same bad actors playing multiple parts.....

Same thing in Fallout 3 where the tree people leader with that annoying voice played like 5 different main characters.....

Now compare that with Mass Effect 3....well you just can't.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  6. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    These are exactly the type of comments I was talking about. If they stuck with basic, generic voices people would complain but when they use top actors to bring depth and quality to the audio side of the game people just complain about it being a waste of money.
    As for the comment about content volume, the game isn't even out yet. Give it a chance. WoW wasn't as big as it is over night you know, it's taken years to get to this stage.
    Then there are those saying that TESO will be rubbish and that they don't even like Skyrim... It may only be my opinion but Skyrim was and over 2 years later, still is EPIC! If TESO is even close to the experience of Skyrim but online then I think I will be happy.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    All people wanted was Skyrim with CO-OP and they had to go make another WoW clone. I don't get how these companies believe they can make money on MMO's anymore. EA threw $250M at the problem and lost. Stop trying.

Actually it kinda was big overnight compared to other MMO's at the time. It had more subs on it than all other competing MMO's in less than a year.

8. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    single player games suck $60=5min of play? f-that online play is the future

9. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    wow is garbage just a everquest clone for 12year olds

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Liam_O'Brien

Honestly, this guy, one voice, all these characters. Drives me mental.

Keep hearing him in other games as well.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah a game that completely changed the MMO landscape and spawned hundreds of clones in it's wake is garbage.. Right. I dislike WoW/MMO's as much as anyone but to call the game garbage is idiotic. It obviously had some spark as it captured 12M+ people to pay a pretty large sum of money each month. Also everytime I watch blizzcon and stuff all the people that attend the WoW conferences are in their twenties and up. So yeah I don't know what the **** you're on about.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, but TESO is not competing with WoW at launch, it's competing with WoW now. Also, imo Skyrim is not worthy of a TES sticker, it's massively sub par compared to the first 3 games in the series and only slightly better than the horrendous Oblivion. You might like it but you clearly never played the good games from the series.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm 35 and I will say that for me it's still the best mmo out there.

14. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Ignorant gamers of the rpg mmo sub genre "tend" to confuse that Blizzard game with the themepark mmo in general.

Anyway, no point in going over this topic again and as for TESO not much to say on this one, they have a lot money and power, and this game will at the very least have good initial sales figures. Powerful marketing can do wonders, hey, look at EA's StarWars. For those who have gotten into the closed beta but havent tried it yet, please do make sure you actually try it. (also known as closed Bullet-dodge time)

15. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    if you like crappy games its ok no one will hate you because you actually watch blizzcon...it was just my opinion deal with it

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I hate Acti-Blizzard but they are masters of copying other peoples innovative ideas and streamlining them to the point where non-fans of certain gaming genres can access them. Props to them for being able to play the gaming market so well I say.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Some classic actors there...malcolm mcdowell classic and Kate Beckinsale drool.

But cant see it making a huge difference to the overall success of the game...

CA used Brian Blessed but that didnt much to save Rome2 from being a very average game.

18. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    All the luck to them, personally I like to play elder scrolls by myself.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Thing is most mmo players skip the dialogue anyway so it's a bit of a waste.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah you'd have thought the cash spent on those actors and they must have cost a fair bit (although I saw Gielgud at the labour exchange the other day) would be better spent on other things...