Bethesda announces star cast for The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    I've been in the beta for TESO since the beginning and I'll just say this: don't get caught up in the hype. It just feels like another bland entry into the already crowded and uninspired MMO marketplace.

Their SP games are probably my favorite series ever, but it just doesn't translate well to an online game.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Heh....after playing Fallout 3, ME2, Fallout NV, Skyrim, and then ME3 - I made a promise to myself: to never buy another game developed by Bethesda.

I've been looking forward to Fallout 4 for ages, then I read Obsidian would not be doing it. Now I am disappoint. :(

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Mass effect has nothing to do with Bethesda :).

Does anyone know if Bethesda will still continue to make SP games? Really don't like this Online route they've taken and I think its going to be a fail. Especially being subscription based. Really loved all Elder Scrolls and Fallout also.

5. Lowice

Lowice Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980ti OC
    Well I have also played the Beta of Elder Scrolls Online and I love it more then any other MMO I have ever played... And there is a few.

But I have also played Skyrim from Bethesda and it's hard for me to understand people who loved that but don't like TESO.

I'm one of those that thinks subscription is a good thing for MMO cause it keeps the game and players more serious. Unless there is not enough subscriber cause then it will properly go f2p og pay to win and I really hate those games.

And I don't feel like this is another bland entry into the already crowded and uninspired MMO marketplace. I really feel this could be the one. But don't take what I or anybody else say for good words... Try it out for your self and maybe get blown away like I did.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well if it has Kate Beckinsale dressing like that, then i have no other option than to buy this game just because of her!...:roll:

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Thanks for the clarification Captain Obvious.
    Mass Effect and FNV are RPG's however, with better story acting and immersion than Skyrim and Fallout 3, that's because Bethesda didn't develop them.

8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    You're welcome.

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I love this website :D

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This abomination will be out in April. I'll give it a year before it goes F2P. If it even takes that long.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm looking for a new time-sink to replace WoW because the next expansion pack feels like a move towards RTS and away from RPG. Might have to give this a try if the entry price isn't ridiculous...

12. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Personally I'll take the opinions of the 'techie's' on websites like this with a very large pinch of salt whether the comments are positive or negative. The reason for this is that ever since WoW started there has always been masses of negative comments and opinions about the game itself and the way it works online, and yet just look at the success that has become. Personally I am looking forward to this.

13. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Yep. Wasn't impressed with the beta either, especially how they'd flash your email around the screen to prevent people from uploading gameplay footage- censoring criticism to keep sales high as possible when released. They would of been better off doing a Borderlands sort of thing where you could invite people to your single player world seamlessly.

Take any MMORPG, replace key text with references from Elder Scrolls and you'll get The Elder Scrolls Online.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    A waste of great voice acting imo (that could have been used in a Skyrim 2 or whatever, just SP), I haven't been in the beta but from the user feedback I have a pretty good ideea of how it will turn up. It was the same with SWTOR, GREAT voice acting/dialogue wasted in a universe where few give a damn and just want to skip everything "cinematic" after seeing it once or twice.

15. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    6650 XT 8GB
    Well, you were in an NDA. The name thing was enforcement.

16. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Which again, only serves the purpose of "censoring criticism to keep sales high as possible when released". The NDA was bull was my point.

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Right there with you. I'm still hoping to see Elder Scrolls 6. Skyrim is my favorite game based on immersiveness. The only thing that could have made the game better is fixing the hideous trees and brush so it looks even better. For the most part, I can't complain about graphics after the 2K texture packs and other tweaks.

I'm done with mmorpg's though. I burned my entire middle school free time away on one. I promised myself I would never start one again.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Here's a thought....how about they develop a new engine instead just adding a couple of tweaks to the 10yr old Gamebryo clunker and renaming it Creation.

That'd be a great..... kinda like someone adding mags and a spoiler to their car then claiming it's new car. Might look better but underneath it's still the same car they bought 10yrs ago. lol

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh one thing i learned from SWTOR is VOICE acting and all these fancy cut scenes are stupid in a MMO, as once you seen them everyone just skips them. it way better spend the money on other things like, fixing bugs and improving the game

That engine maybe old, but I pretty sure it still work much better then the Swtor, butcher hero engine that pretty much stops render anything and everything when it need to pull some data which way way to often.

20. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    It's not even Bethesda who is developing the game....