Max temperature for 6950

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by cencsor, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cencsor

cencsor Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Hi guys,

Just got my new rig and a shiny new Gigabyte 6950 to go with it. Was just wondering what temps I should be getting on my card? I was just having a game of Dirt2, closed out, and heard that my fan was really loud. So i checked GPUz quickly and saw my temp at 71C.

As I type right now it's down to 55C, and usually in idle I'm pretty sure it sits around 47C - I will confirm this in a few minutes.

What is the max temperature for my card?

Cheers!

EDIT: Maybe this should be locked as I just saw the thread below mine.. :bang:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    71 c is fine, these babys get to 92c on furmark, mines idles also 47c+ on 50% fan speed and gets 70c+ gaming

3. cencsor

cencsor Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Oh, good to know. Thanks! :)

Also found out what was so loud that made me check GPUz. The CPU fan. I'm not sure why but it's spinning over 5000RPM on load compared to <3000RPM in idle.

Problem is that it is really loud and the sound it makes is.. well similar to when a cable touches the fan blades, best way I can describe it.. Maybe I'll upload a video. It's just an OEM fan, I'm planning to get a Corsair H50 soon, so I'm not too worried at this point.

4. cencsor

cencsor Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Apologies for the double post. I have uploaded a video so you can hear the sound. It is definitely the CPU, when the noise stops, the fan RPM goes down in SpeedFan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiAo1Nn3FKY

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Sounds like its gonna take off,what make of fan/cooler do you use,cant see much in video

6. ibitato

ibitato Guest

you can fine tune the rpms using software and fan profiles ........based on temps .....

7. cencsor

cencsor Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Yeah like I said, its just the standard AMD heatsink/fan that comes with the chip. Not normal? It's only when the CPU is stressed, it's pretty much constant when gaming. Oh well, ordered my H50 for pickup tomorrow! :rock:

8. ibitato

ibitato Guest

you can use MSI afterburner and fan profiles ...... to fine tune your fan , almost for sure there is no need to stress the fan to 100% and keep good temps

9. cencsor

cencsor Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Cheers, I'll give that a go.

Nice program, although I can only change the GPU fan RPM, which isn't the problem. I'm pretty sure you can adjust the CPU fan speed in the bios.. brb

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011