Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah something's up with that mount should easy be -0c at those volts right?
    forget the ram timings just see how the chip reacts for now boot to easy ram speeds you can work that later

2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Remounted however temps still going up! Either I'm getting something wrong here or I'm expecting to much from ss, surely at those low volts and clocks it should be better!

Also not using thermal grizzly now, had enough of it lol using mx4

Got memory at stock freq, timings and volts

Just playing with CPU, even got the uncore locked at 4GHz

Just about to run XTU at 4.6Ghz CPU at 1.090v!

Passed at those settings, hit 1164! Temps stayed at 0 on all cores! Perhaps volts affect temps more than frequency.

4.7 next!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    OK, this is what I'm hitting so far

5.2Ghz CPU
    4.9GHz Uncore
    2666MHz memory - Auto all timings though

Volts so far

2.1v VCCIN

1.36v Vcore

1.78v DRAM

1.24v Ring

VSA IOA and IOD all +0.1v over stock

Think that's everything

XTU score 1207 = **** lol

Temps hit 31c in XTU at those settings

Will play with memory timings a little 2morrow see if I can make up a 100 points lol

4. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Tightened up some timings, mains and some seconds

Managed to boost my score to 1292 at 5.2GHz 4.9GHz 2666MHz

Not bad I think, however am some way off a couple other guys at similar clocks, a few are around 1350, perhaps tertiary timings would make the difference up not sure.

Think on saturday im going to take it all apart reset everything, re mount, re image the OS and start to just see how far the CPU can go.

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Ordered a the Delid tool of Roman's! Looking forward to using it :)

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    that's pretty good so far ...thumbs up

I don't know how in the world you can run XTU more then twice without falling a sleep lol

good luck on the delid and if you have the temps push that vcore

7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Used the Delid tool, that was a frightening experience! That big crack you get as it pops off!! OMG!! Thought I'd destroyed it lol

Anyway, put thermal grizzly everywhere, DIE & IHS, temps weren't much better, about 12C, so again I'll remount perhaps adjust the amount of Grizzly I have on die, try line the IHS up better when I close the retention bracket.

Not sure I want to use Liquid Pro on it, think I'll stick too normal pastes.

Really starting to think ss isn't really enough for this 4770K, think I'll have to buy some DICE see if I can bring temps down even further!

Oh and also Cowie, did you know that if you have a slow mode switch on your motherboard and hit it a couple seconds after XTU starts running it doesn't effect your score! So as long as your stable at a given freq and voltage for just a few seconds say 5.4GHz but it won't pass from start to finish it don't matter! Just hit the Slow mode and you'll drop down to 8x on CPU and UNcore thus now being able to complete the bench but still getting a full score.

Makes you wonder what XTU does and how it generates its score, does seem like a ****e bench, and there's so many points for it!!

This will make the bench last a lot longer than about 30-40secs though lol It'll also save you on dry ice or LN2 if you decide to run it as it won't get as hot.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  9. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers dude

Not sure it was the mount, be delidding helped a bit. I used thermal grizzly again, i used the dot in the middle method, and put 4 smaller dots in the corners to try ensure a better spread of the paste. I can't spread it myself using the attachment like they recommend

But this time I spent a bit more time just playing with the CPU, and I'm running better CPU clocks with lower volts. The Uncore doesn't seem to impact performance much so running that at around 4.6-4.7GHz I think is allowing for higher CPU frequency at better volts and thus better temps.

Would still like to get her colder though see if it scales the colder I go. Not wanting to go much more than 1.5v really under ss, only short 2d runs am I OK with that.

Just done a 3dmark06 run at 5498MHz at 1.49v! Took 6th spot with a 6950! Scored 38147 Marks! Who knows perhaps with Dry Ice I could do a 5.7GHz run this chip seems like a really good one! What I wouldnt give to be able to try LN2 on it!

Might try improve my 3dmark Vantage score next, it seems I'm number 1 again for 3dmark 11 again, not sure why but the two guys who had the 1st and 2nd spots their scores are gone! Deleted by them or HWbot I don't know, but Im back on top again! Will run 3dmark 11 again though, I think I can break 9K with this CPU!

Still need to learn how much RAM frequency and timings affect 3d benches, if they don't help much then dropping RAM speed may enable a higher CPU frequency and ultimately a better score in the bench

What have you been benching recently Cowie? Or you waiting for Broadwell E and Pascal ;) I assume thats why you have been selling items left right and center ;)

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    thats real good matt
    I will tell you some older dx9 benches like the ram speed and tight timings others dx10 and up besides 3d11 not so much
    I have not really benched much at all tbh
    jeez I cant sell hardware fast enough still so much unused stuff lying around.

still have many things I should sell but no way they are part of the family now.

I might run some things this week I killed a titan x last week outside in 13f cold jajaja
    gotta send that puppy back oh and a 970 just stopped working too damn I hate when that happens.

that's a great 3d11 run and hope to see some more 3d this next few weeks from you matt

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    matt try to dig up like 30 points the number 1 team spot is waiting yo :)

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    haha The number 1 team spot will be yours for a good while yet dude

Just broke over 2K points though :)

Having some fun with a 5770, got two here too, so will have some Crossfire scores too

Got the MSI 5770 Hawks. Not great clockers, wonder if they'd scale with cold and no vmods! I can put 1.35v through them, doesn't seem to take me much further than stock! Stock was like 1.25v and I got 975Mhz roughly, 1.35v and 1030 is best so far.

Really starting to think its time to buy a little GPU pot and some DICE Need to start competing with GPU clocks for the top spots

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah I think 30 40 points you will take over top spot hw+gb

you have 530 I have 550 or so

oh no matter if it helps for clocks(it will lol)its so much fun dude freezing gpu's much better then cpu's for fun factor,at least for me.

pretty sure there is modded bios floating around for the hawk cards too

14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Oh right, I see what you mean lol

Yeah I'm on 542 now and your on I think 554, so very close, uploaded a couple more 4850 scores today, beat my Aquamark by about 25K also just edged out your 05 score ;) couldn't beat your 06 score though.

Might do some crossfire 6950s see if I can improve a little, want my CF6950 3dmark11 record back too!

I've also just bought a Fusion 3.1 CPU pot, so the 4770K will be on dry ice very soon! Next pot I buy will be a GPU pot, then I'll have a good reason to buy bigger amounts of dry ice!

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you have pencil mod?
    I think just a very easy vr hardmod on that puppy even with crappy aircooling np 900
    I used to do 900 on an as1 cooler but at 1.51v ish too hard to pencil that.
    but good going man ...it wont take long :)

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, pencil Modded it a while back, got the resistance down to about 0.3ohm's not sure what the volts are I'd forgotten and couldn't be bothered to use dmm to find out lol I think around 1.45v. Don't think I can get more from pencil shading resistance down to 0.3 was a pain.

I'll def revisit the card when I got a GPU pot, and then look into hard mod

Want to buy more 5000 series cards! I want a single 5850 and 2*5870s and a 5970! Perhaps another 4870 X2 for 4 GPU benching! And say a 3870 X2!

Then on to Nvidia ;)

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  18. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah just noticed! Gonna have a read through the comments, already some people are moaning about it lol

Personally I think its a good idea!

LN2 I feel really is in a league of its own in terms or Skill required to run it, especially multiple pots on the go and the fact that it destroys just about all over forms of cooling!

Glad dry ice was put into the Apprentice league

But like I say, some people already seem to be moaning lol saying Dry ice should be in extreme still, or chilled water should stay in enthusiast league lol

One persons even moaned because its called 'apprentice' like is downgraded them lol egos a lol

Edit

Will be buying a 5970 2*5870s and a 5850 this afternoon along with a KingPin Fat Tek9 ;)

One of the 5870s has a OCP mod to it ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    people always start batching about changes its human nature.

hmmmm tek9 aye? nice!!!:)

20. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    All my goodies came this morning! So hopefully I'll be benching again soon :)