Sound Blaster Z Series - Windows 10 Driver Breaks Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Whiplashwang, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Heads up. Windows 10 just updated my Sound Blaster Z drivers with version 6.0.105.8 and it broke my audio. No sound would come from my center speaker or sub. Had to revert back but Windows 10 keeps reinstalling the damn thing. F*ckin' Microsoft and their stupid forced updates!! Anyways, I thought I post this to let others know if they have the same issue.

Some others talking about it here. http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/official-creative-sound-blaster-z-zx-zxr-series-club/5310

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Try daniel_k's drivers mate

google it

3. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Since when daniel_k drivers are compatible with Z cards?

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    6.0.105.8??

Latest official SoundBlaster ZxR CD L13.1.01.05 includes 6.0.102.50 & 6.0.103.34 for the controller.
    These work fine, and it you disable Windows Update from searching and installing drivers for a device that already has drivers it won't update them.

5. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    That driver version Windows 10 updated me with only updated the "Sound Blaster Audio Controller" in the device manager. It didn't update the "Sound Blaster Z". Prior drivers work fine, like I said, but these news are causing problems like the overclock forum says as well. Also I disabled the Windows 10 auto-driver-update and my problems are solved. I'm just surprised this driver got pushed out while having such obvious issues. Does creative even test their drivers anymore? I know they've always been incompetent in their software department but this seems like a new level of incompetency.