Catzilla Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by BlackZero, Dec 19, 2012.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yeah, looking at your posted screenshot it seems you are scoring just over 1k with a 4.7Ghz OC and no HT, whereas I'm scoring just over 900 with a 5GHz OC and HT? clearly these results require further interpretation. I'm guessing it's either due to that test being heavily memory bandwidth sensitive, using some specific IB only feature or the posts about physx being implemented in part may further explain this.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    leave the hyperthreading outta the equasion (i doubt it's using it), only really two things, faster ram & the ivy vs sandy performance gap, it must be those two things, or one of them, perhaps the ssd makes a difference, this cpu is also run 24/7 @4.7ghz without any powersaving. gets a 7.9 in cinebench currently.
    Apart from that i dunno.
    what do you get in cinebench with hyperthreading disabled?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah..

I think its some lame Kepler+physx trick (probably something like with 3dmark vantage). Cowie with i7 had only 30? points because of 8800gts.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Gen2 vs Gen3 also. This rig is full blown gen3 (except the ram is a bit slow, 2666 /2800 is more suited).
    just trying to help, hope you know that, i know there's many ultra uber rigs here too.

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Your score for the last part 'loading times' is also 50% higher, even though I had it on an ssd, also I'm note sure but that last test might also be some sort of cpu based test, which seems likely given that I have it on an SSD. I'm going to wait and see if any of this is related to physx, especially as my 3dmark11 default driver scores are comparatively high.

Also I haven't tested cinebench with HT disabled, though is does lead to a large drop in score, and it's also very memory sensitive. I'll post a score in a short while, though my per core score for real temp's xs bench is around 2050.

edit:

I don't think pci-e gen2 vs gen3 should make much difference here as the fps isn't that high and there no multi-gpu data transfer bottleneck. I could be wrong.

Here's my cinebench score at 5GHz no HT, also the memory is only running 1600MHz but I'm still scoring 5.0.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    If it were a true cpu test it wouldn't matter, gen3 or gen4 for that matter :D

I think its just some flawed physx trick, again. In the end its not a real cpu test since its also affected by resolution and type of gpu you use..

But then again its a beta benchmark, so i won't judge it.

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Basically the z77 platform i'm referring to when saying gen3, and all the features this includes.
    But sure it's still beta.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you score 8.00 with your 5ghz, i score 7.93 with my 4.7ghz
    sry double post. :(

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes, with 2.4GHz vs 1.6GHz memory though, still your catzilla cpu score should not be that much higher than mine, it should be similar, assuming HT is not used.

Also, here's my score with HT.

[​IMG]

So yeah, it seems there's more to it.

Edit:

correction on the loading times test, it's measured in ms and that means my score is actually 50% higher. Which further complicates matters.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yeah i seen that your loading time was excellent.

11. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    Just noticed that someone with a 2500K and a single 680 scored almost 20000 points. Looks like i have some work to do lol :3eyes:

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ok, new run...looks better now, and didnt even tweaked m ysystem or closed firefox, etc..

dunno why my first run was soo low on CAT!! (3245 or so)
    Now on TIGER, yes, tiger with downsampling, i have 4066..

Big Diff, i have no clue what ive done, here..
    anyway, heres my result for Tiger, the rest coming soon..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIGER: (Downsampling)

Klick Mé... POINTS --> 4066
    [​IMG]
    Also added temps and info screen, Nice cooling :) hahah

Cat:

Klick Mé... POINTS --> 6730
    [​IMG]

Kitty:

Klick Mé... POINTS --> 8336
    [​IMG]

-BetA-

Edit.... Ha, @ -Tj- did beat yaa in CPU Test..:nerd:
    Fur Test is also close, , to close when i consider u have a way more powerfull Card..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  13. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    That CPU score seems pretty poor for that system... although who knows. This benchmark scores strange results anyway.

14. Mif

Mif Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    Any ideas why my Fur score is so low?
    (it's not heat, max was 62c)

[​IMG]

15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    You scores seem really low for the frequency you are running.

4.8GHz 3930k I get 13.91
    [​IMG]

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Those were 4c/4t scores and you're running 6c/12t. With 4c/8t I score closer to 10, with faster memory it could get closer to 11.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And you have 300mhz higher cpu clock ;D

About fur idk not really, but ok if it makes you feel any better :nerd:

Edit:

run gpu on stock and then compare, your Oc'ed to the max gpu might come close but that about it hehe :)

here is mine on gpu stock clock

1st try
    [​IMG]

2nd try, this time with prefer max. perf and threaded opt on instead of auto
    [​IMG]

as you can see quite inconsistent. On 2nd try i got higher overall score, but fur mark, gpu mark and cpu mark is lower? :D doesnt quite add up to the final score.. O yea and I had basic theme by both.

18. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    Hello Everyone!

You need to take my word. I'm from the dev team that made catzilla. If you have some questions about it's internals then go ahead and ask. We are currently doing some heavy testing and we are still fixing a lot of bugs that started to pop.

First of all. In a couple of hours you won't be able to submit scores on that version of BETA hosted here. Everyone who registered on our site will be informed about new download link for new BETA.

Second, we are sorry, that someone from ORB team has opened the payments tab for a moment, there were 10 people that bought catzilla already :). Sorry for that inconveniance - you probably already got informed via email, that we will be sending your money back.

I would like to encourage you boys & girls for submitting the results to our page. Because of that we can see what reading are incorrect and we will fix them. Currently the CPU clocks are just HFM, but from new version we will take measurements during heavy loads, so this should result in proper overclocked values.

Also we store info about SLI & crossfire on the server already but we don't display them on he results page. You can view them by checking system configuration in each users tab.

We are not quite sure about NVIDIA clocks thou. AMD GPUs should have correct clocks. If you could please send resulltts especially for low end systems like old XP machines, Vista netbooks and especially 32 bit systems then it would really help us.

Don't worry we just send HW info to server and results. We install a kernel driver during installation process to have proper HW info. it's just done once and requires admin rights. 3d mark does similar thing.

As for common questions regarding PhysX. We just use CPU version. Spending GPU time on physX is a waste when you have fast CPUs.

Thanks a lot for your tests!

Michal 'bonzaj^plastic' Staniszewski

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Good to hear from one of the devs and i'm sure there will be alot of questions :)

On a modern vga and os now First try on my 680/2600k rig

[​IMG]

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks for posting, bonzaj.

I have a question. In this current version it seems Nvidia graphics card based systems are scoring much higher than AMD counterparts, where as in other benchmarks like 3dmark 11 the same is not true. Is this going to be fixed and will the benchmark properly balanced in the next version?

Also, thank you for clarifying that GPU Physx is not in use.