PES 2014 Official

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Jun 13, 2013.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  2. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    doesn't look any major difference from pes 13. It has a bit of physical stuff ( FIFA had this eons a go) and some better animations but the game still looks like the same old rigid PES. Keepers also still look like they suck.

Although, FIFA 14 doesn;t actually look any thing special either.

I is disappointed

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    more monkey faces?

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    fifa14 on consoles you mean?

5. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    yeah, PC don't get the new Ignite version that next gen consoles do.

6. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I may pass on FIFA 14 as well... FIFA 13 had atrocious gameplay, stupid referees constantly blocking players and the AI just being stupid sometimes. Nothing like FIFA 12.

But then again... I am skeptical with PES 2014.

7. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    EA Sports is much stupid. ;)

8. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    You get No argument here :)

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i wouldn't call fifa 13's gameplay atrocious, because simply it's better than fifa 12, mostly in player movements, it feels more responsive and fluid, also through the axe in the middle, gameplay feels more creative, one twos happen more often creating goalscoring chances from the middle.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Wake me up when they manage to make a better PES than 6 because since they moved to the new consoles, all the PES have been a piece of **** and much worse than the ones they made on the PS2...

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I will have to kindly disagree with you here. I think FIFA 12 was an overall better game. Every time I come back to FIFA 13, I remember why I stopped playing to begin with. The minor things are annoying and make the the game bad for me. As for the ref, I really hope they fix it or remove it all together.

I may get FIFA 14 if the ultimate team feels less arcardy, which I doubt will happen since the "arcady" feeling is what pushes player to buy more packs.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    remember i'm a pes fan, i started playing fifa with fifa 12, but other than the ref, why do u find fifa 13 a bad game??

13. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200

First tough system: Good concept, terrible execution. Most of the touches the players come out with on this game are beyond a joke. If the player did this in real life on a weekly basis they would never play again. I think they have tried to make it far to 'realistic' and gone to far, to the stage its now unrealistic because some players can't control a pass that isn't weighted to perfection. And then you play against the majority of the pace abusers online, your defender makes an obvious horrible first touch and you get the ball fetched within seconds by Ronaldo or Messi.

The referee are extremely inconsitent and they still haven't sorted out the last man - red card rule. That is as basic as you can get. Last striker gets pushed/tackled while taking a shot... and nothing.

The goalkeeper problem is the same on FIFA12. A goalkeeper with good reactions is unrealistic tough to beat regardless of the other abilities the goalie possess.

They claim to have made the AI attack runs much better and more intelligent. Having referees block players or players running head on into referees is as stupid as you can get. Sometimes you get the feeling the ref intentionally gets in the middle of your tiki taka play.

Tbh i think they have just made the defending AI worse. They just dont follow their man anymore, they let him run free thus granting the attacker lots of space. This would be fine if we were given enough control to control all 4 defends but since we can only control 2 at at time its ridculous that the 2 you can't control just leave there man to run through. Balls forward (if played well) just drop easily to the attacker (granted they will probably shin it away) without a defend being within 5 yards or pressing.

Although ive seen and scored some very nice goals on this game. I think there are far to many 'scrappy' goals where its been like pinball between the attackers and defenders, and you may aswell flip a coin to decide who comes out with it. Shoot and hope for the best regardless of where the ball is.

Passing is almost irrelevant in the game with 90% of the players shooting long balls to their pace abusers. Eventually they will find a break through and punish you hard for it.

I am not a fan of either, although I have played every FIFA since FIFA 98 Road to World Cup... I just enjoy playing the better game. For me, FIFA 12 was far superior than PES, which is why I bought it. And this year, PES 2014 I feel will be the better game in almost every aspect.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The last few PES have been terrible for me. It just didnt feel right when playing it. Im not holding my breath for this one either, hopefully there will be demo. On the other side i want NHL back on PC, but EA is too lame!

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    maybe online it's a terrible game i don 't know, i played it offline only and i really found it like fifa 12 with smoother player control and movement, maybe online it isn't the same not even close as i've understood from ur comment.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i agree, the last pes i found nice to my taste was pes 2011, but it was easy to master after a while, pes 2012 and 2013 felt not right when playing not by any means, ball feels like a balloon, no physics, shots go 10 meters off goal, unbeatable AI on counter, players turning into messi dribbling past 6 players and score, wierd games..!!!!!!

17. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Hmm yea I was talking online :nerd:

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    when is the demo?

19. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Nothing on a demo has been announced, but I would expect one around late August. Game ships September 20th.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070