Silent Hill 2 Problem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hi Guys, i have a problem in Silent Hill 2 Directors cut (PC).

Im in the hospital, i have got the hair from the box, and also got the bent needle from the stuffed toy, now im in the shower block trying to get the elevator key out of the drain, but when i try to combine the hair with the bent needle, it doesn't work, i dont think the combine command is working.

If i click on either the hair or the bent needle, and select combine
    they move to the right under the items in a little green box, but then you can not scroll through your items to be able to combine, surely thats not right, luckily the needle and the hair are on screen at the same time, so i do not need to scroll through to find which one i need, but it wont work.

I just can not combine any items at all, once the hair or needle moves under the items into its green box, thats it, the only way i can select the needle or hair to combine with is by clicking it with the mouse, but it don't do anything, it just goes back to the game and james either says its not long enough, or he says i cant snare it with this or something, the items will just not combine, so is the game basically stuffed ?

Any help would be great guys.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its ok now, ive sussed it, its bloody fiddly.

Im using the joypad, so when i click on the bent needle to combine with the hair and it moves to its little box under the main items, i then have to right click the mouse to go back and allow me to scroll through the items, then i select the hair and select use, took a while as at first i was clicking combine on the hair, and then that was moving below in a little box, but then i couldnt do anything, stupid having to do that, what a **** on, Ah well least its done and i can now continue:D