Xbox World reveals Next Gen Xbox?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    X64 offers a LOT more then just the extra memory space; you get an extra set of HW registers, which cuts down on a lot of extra memory I/O. You also get a larger memory bus (same methodology).

2. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Xbox, xbox 360, PS3, Wii U ... all have 64 bit capable CPU's. Of course that the new consoles will, as well. The point is really not even worth discussing.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-720-hardware-detailed-report-6402692

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^The kinect built into the next xbox always seems a bit strange in these rumours......i dont see how this could ever be done....not everybody can have their xbox sitting right under or on top of the TV....how will kinetc work for people with the console under TV stands.

Just seems very unworkable.....unless its similar to the wii sensor bar.....but then how would it be built into the console?

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I hope Kinect isn't built in to the console... I can only get about 6ft back from my TV, that isn't quite enough room to make it work well.

If it is built-in, it better work fine if your up close to the camera. Maybe they will use a wider angle lense on it?

6. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    ^^ I'm guessing the processing chip is built in the console, so the Kinnect add on would be significantly cheaper, as the console, not the Kinnect, does the processing.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Wow! that is awesome!

9. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
  10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Imagine if this time round the PS4 was the lead hardware for most games designers and the next xbox got all the lazy ports. lol

Anyway....constant online for a console means they can stick it where the sun dont shine....if i want that i can fire some games up on my PC and side step a yearly gold sub. lol

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I read the article more as tying the game to your account to kill the pre-owned market, nothing about you having to be online all the time.

We have already saw many stupid journalists report PC games as needing always online when it just needs an online activation, wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing here, or even moreso since it could well all be fake since it was only a few weeks ago we saw how easy it is to fool journalists these days.

Either way, i don't see one doing it without they other, both Sony and MS need to keep the big publishers sweet, so they both need to say No, or both say Yes, too risky for both to go different routes.

13. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Hard drive is still a ????

14. Lawlzfest

Lawlzfest Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7870/GTS 450
    The always online would just be nuisance. Although, if they sell them as models that have 4G, so that you can always be connected even when you are vacationing, it could happen XD just kidding of course, that would just be awful.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  15. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    It would be a massive mistake to make the console online only, but then again Micosoft seem to be making a lot of bad choices over the last few years so this is almost not that suprising.

16. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    30 fps - at best - just like this generation and last, until the general public SEE 60+ FPS and understand it, that's all microsoft/developers etc need give us.

As a result, I shall not be buying it, despite loving my 360 very much, I can just not take 30FPS (or less)

Just better gfx.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  17. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Jeez, someone who actually realises that people who buy pre-owned don't all have limitless amounts of money and might be trading in games made by other people to buy your game full price.

Without that option of trading it in, many people just wouldn't be able to afford the full price game.

I can see the lack of backwards compatibility being true, if the leaked specs are correct then hardware wise it's just so different, and emulating them in software mode is just not going to happen.

19. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    well i m not happy with next xbox hardware.cpu and gpu is not 3rd generation.
    this is not the hardware which should stand for next 7-10 yrs.here my dream specs for next console.
    xbox
    cpu:1.6 ghz 8core
    gpu:equally ati 7770
    gb not mention
    ram:8gb
    HDD:500 gb
    my
    cpu:2.3 ghz+turbo boost(8core)
    gpu:7850 2 gb(minimum)
    ram: 8gb
    HDD:500 gb

better hardware even this hike the cost little bit wont hurt cause its one time spending only games which hurt to buy.i think 500$ console with strong hardware better choice.

also want to say.some experts says that half the hardware of any pc in console equal to that pc.means console is dedicated for gaming compare to pc.if this 100% correct then this xbox specs r good but not awesome.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  20. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    They can't acknowledge that, because that would be indirectly acknowledging that capitalism is doomed to fail. Because for it to survive there can not be any limitations to growth. It's an ideology thing. Once they're done with you at business school you are simply no longer capable of thinking along those lines.