Sammy on Nvidia

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by keasy, Jan 17, 2013.

1. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Hi guys I recently bought a Sammy 23A700D for the 120 Hz and at the same time bought an Nvidia MSI GTX 670 PE.

I knew that my new monitor supported ATi cards and it looked great on my old 5770 but I really just wanted thw 120Hz.

So, now the time has come when I would like to fart about with stuff and attempt to get the 3D being pumped by the Nvidia gfx card as opposed tO pseudo simulation by the monitor itself.

I have tried the init.x64 hack that emulates the Nvidia IR transmitter but it doesn't work. I believe this is owed to Nvidia being petty and blocking the workaround in recent drivers.
    So, the question ... are there any other methods ?

2. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    At first, I couldn't get the emulator working with the latest drivers at first. So what I did instead is I enabled 3D in the CP and went through the setup as 3D Discover. Afterwards, I close it, open up Device Manager and installed a 3D Vision - Ready monitor's INF in the Monitor section.

So what you need to do is go to your Monitor's driver in Device Manger, click on "Update Driver" then "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of driver" and then "Have disk". Once that is opened, find that INF and install it.

It should finish successfully. Afterwards, you should see in the Nvidia CP that there is a dropbox where 3D Discover is and should see a 3D Vision Ready Monitor. What is funny is that I did this myself without needing an Emulator.

Hope this helps. :)

Link to INF files (Choose one only. Doesn't matter which as long it isn't a projection driver for projectors): http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2025&start=10

At times using 3D, you'll notice that your screen will automatically turn off. It's a common thing but it isn't fixed yet.

3. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i got no probs with the screen, the signal may be lost at start, but when i restart the screen, no probs anymore until the end

4. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Thanks for replying guys, I'll give this abash on the morrow when I'm slightly less drunk *hic* :eek:)