Red Red Wine Built Log.

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by chispy, Jun 15, 2014.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    After burning myself out doing overclocking on LN2 and sub-sero for so many years + writing water-cooling hardware reviews lately I have decided to take a long break from the overclocking scene and enjoy myself building a nice looking gaming PC focus on extreme performance and silent , yes back to my gaming roots in here Guru3D where all started for me 9 years ago - year 2006. For the new guys who does not know about me , here is my last interview on The Overclocker Magazine a few months ago in year 2013 , you can read all about my enthusiast/Overclocking story and how I became what I am today there. Link http://www.joomag.com/magazine/theoverclocker-issue-23/0441989001384343339

I cannot believe 7 years has passed since the last time I did a Mod Rig for my own satisfaction and pleasure , the last Moded Rig I built and made was Zeus in 2008 - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=281297 , a highly moded sub-sero single-stage phase cooling and water-cooling cooled rig , over the top benchmark world record smasher at that time , PCMark05 world record was broken using Zeus in hwbot - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=285878&highlight=Zeus years 2008-2009.

With that in mind let's get to my completely new build in progress , Red Red Wine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc .

Hardware Specifications:

Corsair Graphite Series 760T Black.
    Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
    Intel Core i7 4790K
    Asus AMD R9-290X x2 In Crossfire , 2x 290X in CrossFire for some eyefinity goodness at 5760x1080 resolution while I await for affordable 4k monitors to hit the market
    G.Skill 8x4GB DDR3-2133Mhz Cas9 Ripjaws X.
    Crucial 2x 240GB M500 SSDs in Raid0 for OS and Games.
    Western Digital Green 2TB for Storage.
    Creative X-Fi titanium pciE Sound Card
    Corsair RM 1000w
    Samsung DVD Burner Combo.

Water-Cooling:

Swiftech Apogee XL - cpu water-block.
    Swiftech KOMODO-R9-LE Full-Cover Water Block for AMD 290X x2.
    Swiftech Maelstrom 5 1/4" Dual Bay Basic Standalone Reservoir.
    Swiftech MCP-655 Pump.
    Swiftech MCR240 Quiet Power Series.
    Swiftech MCR-H220 Quiet Power Series.
    Swiftech MCR140 Quiet Power Series.
    Swiftech Lok-Seal Compression Fittings 3/8'' x 5/8'' Black , all fittings.
    Swiftech 45° Swivel Elbow Lok-Seal x4.
    Swiftech Helix 140MM 9-Blade Z-Bearing Fan - 1500RPM x3.
    Swiftech Helix 120 PWM , 120x25mm Fans - x2.
    Mayhems Dye - Red.
    Tygon E-3603 3/8" ID (5/8" OD) Clear Tubing (TYGON-E3603-3/8x5/8).
    ModMytoys Black 5/8OD tubing.
    Distilled Water /PT Nuke/Silver Coil.
    Thermal Grease Gelid GC-eXtreme
    Akasa Vegas LED 60cm Light Strip x2 for some bling-bling.

** Work In Progress ** Some Hardware Might Change Before I finish My Built

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    How has this been up for 6 days and I've only just noticed!!

Looking forward to seeing your Build Chispy! Really need to get cracking on improving/finishing off mine!

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you Matt , I will post new pictures this weekend as I already started this build , Radiators are in place , PSU , Swiftech MaelStrom reservoir and some other little things , will update soon.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Goes to my head......makes me forget... :D

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    :giggle2: , you know the song my old friend PillMonster huh ... :D

Good to see all friends still around bro.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well , this LGA 2011 built got cancelled. My Asus Rampage IV Black had a dead pci express slot and I had problems with 2 of the memory slots not working , my guess is the last time I ran quadfire 290x and the cpu on liquid nitrogen at -194c it killed some components of the motherboard :/ . Sorry about that.

I will use different and new components on this built , so there is a slight change of hardware. Now the motherboards will be an Asus Maximus VII Hero , CPU will be an i7 4790K and instead of 3x 290X on Tri-Fire I will use only 2x 290X in CrossFire. I will update with pictures later on today , this build is almost finish.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Sorry that happened to ya mate. Hope everything ends up well.

8. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Show off!

:p

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Look forward too it Chispy.

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Subbed.

Nice to see you around the place again Chispy my friend.

11. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    Can't wait to see this beast!

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well there has been quite a lot of changes in hardware really. My Corsair RM1000w PSU blew up with some nice fireworks and a big Baam this morning pos is going for rma , I tried my eVGA Supernova G2 1300w and there is something wrong with that PSU , it has degraded or something is wrong with it , as it won't run my set up , but I have just found out and read in eVGA forums that there was a recall of this exact PSU unit with my serial number and date made , hence eVGA Is sending me a new replacement free of charge with a pre-paid UPS return label sticker to send back the faulty PSU once I received the one they just sent today. So I was forced to use my Huge and ugly not completely modular cables octopus looking Cooler Master M2 1500w in the meantime to get this rig going :/ , insane amount of non-modular cabling :/ , so many hardware failures :(.

Lastly some good news at last :) a guy who lives 45 minutes from my home saw my review of the Swiftech Komodo R9-LE Full Cover water-block , he email me and contacted me via phone and came to my house to see it in person today , I had 2 Komodo water-blocks hook to two of my four R9-290X video cards already mounted on this rig with the red color lighting , short story , he offer me right on the spot $1,200US dollars for both R9-290X VGAs with the Komodo water-blocks installed , I said heck yes , so I sold those 2 R9-290X with komodo water-blocks already mounted on them. I have 4 EK R9-290Full Cover water-blocks that I used only for overclocking and benchmarking on cold water. I cleaned up 2 EK water blocks and mounted them on my last 2 R9-290X VGAs on this built. This is work in progress and please excuse the mess and cable cluster fush , very messy right now while I await for my eVGA Supernova G2 1300w replacement wish will be used instead of this huge and ugly Cooler - Master PSU. Need some sleeving to do as well as some cable management , some paint job and little things to Mod. But I got it running again today to test the H220-X mounted on it :) . I am extremely happy with the 0 , zero , no noise and cooling performance of this built :).
    Leak testing for a few days and re-thinking the lay out.

The hardware rig specifications right now go like this:

Corsair Graphite Series 760T Black.
    Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
    Core i7 4970K Devil's Canyon overclock to 4.9Ghz
    Team eXtreme 2x8GB DDR3-2400
    2x R9-290X Full Cover water-blocks liquid cooled at stock clocks
    2x Crucial 240GB M500 in raid0 for my 24/7 OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit
    1x Western Digital Green 2TB HD for storage and 1x Western Digital Black 750GB HD for windows 8.1 OS , wish I hardly use LOL ... as a back up OS.
    Creative X-Fi titanium pci-e Sound Card
    Samsung BR/DVD Burner Combo.

The Water Cooling specifications have changed and updated to this:

Swiftech H220-X aio water-Cooling Kit mounted on top of the case.
    EK-FC R9-290X Nickel x2
    Swiftech Maelstrom 5 1/4" Dual Bay Basic Standalone Reservoir mounted in the front.
    Swiftech MCR240 Quiet Power Series. Dual 140mm radiator in the front.
    Swiftech MCR140 Quiet Power Series. Single 140mm radiator on the back.
    Swiftech Lok-Seal Compression Fittings 3/8'' x 5/8'' Black , all fittings.
    Swiftech 45° Swivel Elbow Lok-Seal x4.
    Swiftech Helix 140MM 9-Blade Z-Bearing Fan - 1500RPM x3.
    Swiftech Helix 120 PWM , 120x25mm Fans - x2.
    Mayhems Dye - Red.
    Tygon E-3603 3/8" ID (5/8" OD) Clear Tubing (TYGON-E3603-3/8x5/8).
    Distilled Water /PT Nuke/Silver Coil.
    Thermal Grease Gelid GC-eXtreme was used in all the water blocks ( CPU and 2x R9-290X )

Work in progress , right now I'm only testing the water-loop ran by my Swiftech H220-X MCP30 water-pump only , yes all this long water-lopp ( 3 water-blocks , 3 Radiators ) running by one water-pump , the H220-x pump is powerful enough with high flow for this huge water-loop while silent :). I Changed the Swiftech MCR-H220 Quiet Power Series Radiator by the one in the H220-X , in fact I am using the Swiftech H220-x water-cooling aio kit as a base due to the powerful high-pressure pump while saving space.

Quick update and pictures of the work in progress , excuse the mess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  13. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    interesting.. but images won't fit in my monitor lol